G-Man

Working on being better in '23!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the game of golf for some time and always with the same putter. Odyssey Black Series I #9. (pictured below). What are things you monitor or look for in a new putter. I have no problems putting using the current gamer. So many new putters out there Odyssey, Mizuno, Ping, Scotty, 'Nardis, and the smaller custom shops such as SWAG, Goodwood and countless others.

Recommendations on this search are greatly appreciated

s-l640 (1).jpgs-l640.jpg

This is for me... I used Tom have an anser style Tom weiskopf northwestern putter. Yay me being left handed and having very limited options. I bought it because that’s what was available at the sporting goods store.

That anser style putter was replaced by a jack nicklaus golden bear. It was another anser style. I wanted something softer feeling and where the head wasn’t oxidized... the head on my northwestern had oxidized badly.

I then replaced it with my Yes! Valerie. That is a semi-mallet. I kind of like it.

The first thing I go to for putters is looks. Does it appeal to my eye? And those minions really appeal to me eye. That blue.

Aside from that lust, I don’t roll new putters. I don’t want to be tempted to buy new clubs. What I just have is good enough and better than I am.

I’m intrigued by the odyssey’s though... triple track sounds awesome... and odyssey is trying Tom move their putters upscale. They’re something I’d look ar if I were looking at new putters

I had to figure out if I was a milled face guy or an insert guy. Turns out I love the feel of an insert and I putt better with one. Then I found the odyssey mid mallet sl worked best for me. I tried a lot out at the local stores and narrowed it down that way. Good luck!

Getting fit for the right putter works. They should tell you your arc and recommend from there.

https://axis1golf.com

In my scenario, I bought on looks.
3 or 4 different flatsticks on hand right now (Swag Handsome One Raw, Toulon Memphis, Tank Cruiser #7, and a Cleveland Huntington Beach).
The one that gets gamed is the one that sinks putts. I didn't think I would keep the Swag when I bought it, but I have never sank so many putts as I have with the Handsome One.

How do we say Beam me up Scotty!:scotty::drinks:

Has to feel smooth when putting and must be 32 or 33 inches. Anything longer and it doesn't fit at all. Been playing an Anser style putter for over 20 yrs.

Back