Putter comparison video (blade vs mallet) that I made for You Tube...

butchammon

Keeping it "old school"
Reaction score
Handicap
what?
Just a simple video, putting on my living room carpet this morning, and wanted to try to make a "comparison" video with the camera right down behind the ball, showing my putting stroke...

1) Cheap, used, Odyssey Dual Force blade putter from "Play It Again Sports" here in town.
2) My prized, custom made, generic component, "Butch Ammon" mallet putter (it's a copy of the Odyssey Rossie II).

What do you think of my standard, pendulum, straight out 'n back, type of putting stroke? Those two errant shots off to the right, were me acting foolish and rushing the shot. Normally, I can make those simple 6' putts on the carpet over and over and over and over, 18... 19... 20 times in a row.

Here's an update: As I said in that rambling video towards the end, I did stop by a local golf course (I'm playing next Saturday with members of my Masonic Lodge), and casually borrowed their giant practice green for a few minutes.

Simply put: I'm a mallet type of guy. No question.... :cool:

Odyssey Dual Force blade putter: Very nice, but only for short putts, 8'... 6'... and under. Constantly two-putted everything 10' and over. Constantly missed with wild inconsistency on longer putts.

Generic, component, "Butch Ammon" mallet putter: Awesome putter that (obviously) I know how it handles and feels. Been "married" to this putter for years! Easy putts from 8'... 6'... and under. Two putted quite a few times from 10' and over. On real long putts, didn't have wild inconsistency, but yet was right on line, leaving it short for a simple tap in. Sunk two beautiful long breaking putts too!

Back