Putter Face Milling, What's Your Preference

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
There are so many different kinds of milling on the face of a putter, it's hard to decide what is best and what different kind of effects does each create. So what is your preference when it comes to the milling on the face of your putter? I'm hope to gain some knowledge out your answers also. ;)

Deep mill.

I prefer a softer and more plush audible feedback, because sound is feel. Deeper milking reduces the surface area which comes into contact with the ball and will result in a “softer” feel (sound).

It’s my preference.

Deep mill.

I prefer a softer and more plush audible feedback, because sound is feel. Deeper milking reduces the surface area which comes into contact with the ball and will result in a “softer” feel (sound).

It’s my preference.

So translating the above does that mean you prefer a deeper milling on the face of your putter?

whatever is in my Newport 2

tenor.gif

So translating the above does that mean you prefer a deeper milling on the face of your putter?
C7C7D595-4113-404F-A298-D9B183A8956B.jpeg

My gamer. Not super deep, but aggressive

image.jpg

Deep Mill FTW!

I'm a huge fan of the Toulon Diamond Milling. You get the responsiveness of a milled face but the soft feeling almost comparable to an insert.

I'm also really enjoying this SeeMore milling. It's been pretty enjoyable so far.

FD217560-AB37-4BF3-8BE8-9AFFC9F4A334.jpeg

I'm a huge fan of the Toulon Diamond Milling. You get the responsiveness of a milled face but the soft feeling almost comparable to an insert.

I'm also really enjoying this SeeMore milling. It's been pretty enjoyable so far.

View attachment 8945547
Subtle dual mill like that is GREAT. And what I love about the SeeMore style there is it’s not hyper sharp/deep like some of the others out there. It’s a tremendous feel/sound balance because of it.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV

View attachment 8945547

yeah the milling On SeeMore is solid too. My mini Giant DF is soo good!
5B6F9CA9-B704-42D2-923E-4BA51125B2C3.jpeg

I am a fan of the horizontal face milling as shown in the two previous posts of SeeMore putters.

i have no idea. i don’t think i’m very picky.

Lighter milling. Not a fan of deep milling at all. As I've mentioned in other posts before though I think a lot of it has to do with which ball you use.

Played an evnroll for a bit. The milled grooves felt too deep to me. The ball came slowly off the face. Consistent across the face but didn’t have a crispness I would prefer. The new Mizuno m-craft putters have a lighter milled face, and that feels lovely. I also want to try the new heppler putters with no face milling (machined face?).

Deep milling, regular milling, can one really tell the difference. I am 99.999% sure I can’t. The one thing I do know I like is a putter without a soft insert. So I guess milling is for me.

Grooved plastic insert for me. Never going back to a steel face. Ball comes off so consistent and with such feel.

I like the deeper milling for a softer feel.

21D7BC15-F97E-48EB-9B44-445E46D58F69.png77101655-2286-4149-975F-CE49DCAC0915.jpeg

I really enjoy the Evnroll (it’s a strong contender for my bag right now) and Bettinardi queen bee milling

I really enjoy the Evnroll (it’s a strong contender for my bag right now) and Bettinardi queen bee milling

Agree with you totally, sir! I love the honeycomb milling on the Bettinardis.

QB 6

20200525_113547.jpg

BB43

20200525_113622.jpg

Ive always like the Bettinardi diamond milling. No reason, it just looks cool.

Deep mill.

It’s my preference.
This. 1000 times this!

Back