Putter Fitting - First Timer

I am going to my first putter fitting today!
Can't wait to update everyone on how it goes.

In the meantime, any last minute tips or pointers for my fitting??
Have great time! Also make sure you like the way the putter looks and that it gives you confidence. There are too many putters and variations to settle with an ugly putter!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you, have fun! The only pointers I could offer is to go in with an open mind and just putt like you usually putt so they can fit you properly.

I'm really interested in following you on this journey. I really want and need to get a putter fitting done. I'm currently using a mid-mallet and I don't think my putting stroke is conducive to it. I feel like I have a slight arc and not a straight back and through stroke. It would be great to have confirmation on what I'm thinking/feeling.

Do you have any initial thoughts going into it? Preferences on putter type?

I am going to my first putter fitting today!
Can't wait to update everyone on how it goes.

In the meantime, any last minute tips or pointers for my fitting??

Have a great time @Sarzar ! Be honest with your fitter about your game and the feedback while trying different putters. Be open to the process and it is important that you like the way it looks at the end! Can't wait to read about your experience. A true putter fitting is game changing!

Have a great time.

My recommendation would be to try as many shapes as possible. Feeling confident is probably as important as your swing in my opinion for putting.

Definitely following this. Putter fitting is squarely on my radar for this year.

Definitely following this. Putter fitting is squarely on my radar for this year.

I true putter fitting is a real game changer. Find somebody who uses SAM PuttLab or something similar to fit you. The days of just going in and rolling a few and picking what looks best us over for me.

I'm really interested in following you on this journey. I really want and need to get a putter fitting done. I'm currently using a mid-mallet and I don't think my putting stroke is conducive to it. I feel like I have a slight arc and not a straight back and through stroke. It would be great to have confirmation on what I'm thinking/feeling.

Do you have any initial thoughts going into it? Preferences on putter type?
I have zero expectations & preferences going into this.
I just started golfing in 2018 and have only ever used an ancient putter that @blazinden had.
I am just planning on putting how I normally do and taking all the advice possible from the fitter, he is the expert. I just want to try a bunch of different styles and see what stats look like.
In the end, I want something the feels good to me.

I just started golfing in 2018 and have only ever used an ancient putter that @blazinden had.
I am just planning on putting how I normally do and taking all the advice possible from the fitter, he is the expert. I just want to try a bunch of different styles and see what stats look like.

This is perfect!

I think you're going to have a great time and come away with a putter that you really love and feel confident with!

Just try to putt with a consistent stroke, answer questions, and take your current gamer to get a good baseline. Enjoy!

No pointers, but good luck and have fun!

I want to get a putter fitting so I’m watching this thread. About the only useful thing I have is don’t change anything in your setup or swing unless the fitter tells you to. Your swing is what you’ll default to once you leave, so changing things along the process may put you into a wrong club. Have fun.

I want to get a putter fitting so I’m watching this thread. About the only useful thing I have is don’t change anything in your setup or swing unless the fitter tells you to. Your swing is what you’ll default to once you leave, so changing things along the process may put you into a wrong club. Have fun.

I hope you can get a putter fitting. They are very much worth it.

Putter Fitting was a success!!
The fitter was super knowledgeable but also wasn't trying to push anything. Conversation flowed very well & I learned a lot about all the different aspects that go into a putter.

I am super satisfied with the way that went and it was definitely worth it for those who are on the fence about getting one!

I did the fitting at Club Champion and they used a SAM Lab for data. Once I have a little more time, I will update with all the details.

The fitter was super knowledgeable but also wasn't trying to push anything. Conversation flowed very well & I learned a lot about all the different aspects that go into a putter.

I am super satisfied with the way that went and it was definitely worth it for those who are on the fence about getting one!

I did the fitting at Club Champion and they used a SAM Lab for data. Once I have a little more time, I will update with all the details.

Glad you had a great time!

Can't wait to read more! I just picked up my new putter from Club Champion.

Attachments

• 20220122_122449.jpg
    20220122_122449.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 18

Nice! Really looking forward to hearing the details.

Also curious. What made you go with a putter fitting? Just planning on a new putter so might as well get fit?

I ask because I REALLY want to get a putter fitting but I love my putter and I'm not sure I'm ready to buy another one :)

Also curious. What made you go with a putter fitting? Just leaning on a new putter so might as well get fit?

I ask because I REALLY want to get a putter fitting but I love my putter and I'm not sure I'm ready to buy another one :)
Something that I enjoyed at my fitting was that they tweaked my previous gamer to “fit” my loft and lie. So maybe you would just need your current gamer optimized especially if you really like it

Something that I enjoyed at my fitting was that they tweaked my previous gamer to “fit” my loft and lie. So maybe you would just need your current gamer optimized especially if you really like it
Great point. How much do tweaks like that typically cost if you don't mind me asking?

Awesome! We need pictures of the flatstick!

Also curious. What made you go with a putter fitting? Just planning on a new putter so might as well get fit?

So after Den was at the grandaddy & got his first ever full fitting, he suggested that I get a putter fitting since it is the club that is used most & mine was ancient.
Everything else in my bag is okay for right now, I've been hitting well so that was just step one for me.

When talking with the fitter & going over the data, he explained that:
  1. My current putter was way to long for me so my sight line was off.
  2. I was closing too much on my rotation relative to my path with the current putter.
  3. The loft on my existing putter was way to much.
He basically said if it weren't for these things, he said he would tell me to keep my current putter.
Overall my path was consistent.

So even if you love your current putter, I'd suggest getting the baseline data from a fitting. If it is right for you, they will tell you and shouldn't push new product n you.
At least that was my experience with the guy I worked with.

So after Den was at the grandaddy & got his first ever full fitting, he suggested that I get a putter fitting since it is the club that is used most & mine was ancient.
Everything else in my bag is okay for right now, I've been hitting well so that was just step one for me.

When talking with the fitter & going over the data, he explained that:
  1. My current putter was way to long for me so my sight line was off.
  2. I was closing too much on my rotation relative to my path with the current putter.
  3. The loft on my existing putter was way to much.
He basically said if it weren't for these things, he said he would tell me to keep my current putter.
Overall my path was consistent.

So even if you love your current putter, I'd suggest getting the baseline data from a fitting. If it is right for you, they will tell you and shouldn't push new product n you.
At least that was my experience with the guy I worked with.
Nice. Sounds like it was a great experience!

I think I'm going to have to get a fitting for sure.
Also, I've been trying to convince @PackersGirl that she should replace her putter. Maybe a fitting is in order for her, too. 🤔

Back