Putter Fitting - First Timer

OMG how could I forget to mention... My fitter went above & beyond.
We were just chatting about fall/winter golf and how we use different golf balls when the courses aren't as groomed since we tend to lose more balls (even in the fairway!) So he gave us some balls to try out for spring and next fall.

PXL_20220125_020908089.jpg
PXL_20220125_020924467.jpg

What a write up @Sarzar! This was a great introduction to putter fittings and your experience. Great job!!!

We were just chatting about fall/winter golf and how we use different golf balls when the courses aren't as groomed since we tend to lose more balls (even in the fairway!) So he gave us some balls to try out for spring and next fall.

View attachment 9062674
View attachment 9062675
Nice! I've used the tour response quite a bit and I actually really like them. Great ball!

View attachment 9062674
View attachment 9062675
That was so awesome of him!!!

Ever try the Bridgestone e12 Contact? They have changed my game. Gave me distance and more control around the greens.

That was so awesome of him!!!

Ever try the Bridgestone e12 Contact? They have changed my game. Gave me distance and more control around the greens.
I have not. I've only ever used the Bridgestone Lady balls.
Up until this past year, I just used found balls basically and whatever Den didn't like/want.
As a newbie, I didn't want to loose a bunch of expensive balls.

I have not. I've only ever used the Bridgestone Lady balls.
Up until this past year, I just used found balls basically and whatever Den didn't like/want.
As a newbie, I didn't want to loose a bunch of expensive balls.
I started with the Lady balls too! Loved them but found those things just wouldn't stop on the green for me. I'll give you a sleeve in March at our meet-up so you can at least try them :)

One of the selling points on my new putter was the confidence I had using it. My fitter basically said he wants me to get to a point where I'm disappointed when I don't make those longer putts. Expect to make it. The tip I got was mostly about tempo and the length of the back stroke and follow through depending on the length of the putt. That's already consistent with what I do for chipping and pitching, so I'm not sure why that didn't cross my mind for putting.
Yes! Confidence is key. I was draining way more putts with this putter than any of the others I tried. It was comfortable in my hands and having the all black helped eliminate distractions when I was taking my strokes.
Confidence is a HUGE thing for putting! Having a putter that you love looking at, lines up well to your eyes and feels good in your hands makes you a better putter. None of us will sink them all - not even the pros do - but it can make the difference between standing over a putt with your knees knocking or standing over it thinking "I got this!".

Very cool! This is something I've been wanting to do. Seeing this reinforces that desire. Thank you for sharing!!

I was talking with Sarina's fitter and asked about the new Tri-Hots. He stated they would be coming in soon. However, I brought my TriHot Two with me and let him roll a few putts. As we were leaving he mentioned he liked the Red Ken Swag cover. I asked him if he had any swag head covers. He goes into the side closet and pulls out his putter with the Undertaken cover on it.

I will say, the Undertaker does look better in person.

Finally got my putter in and practiced a little putting with it the other day.
So far:

It's a million times better than my old ancient putter I was using that came from one of Den's spare bags.
A little more practice to get distances nailed down and I'll be good as gold on the greens!

Update:
I really need to break out the PuttOut more frequently and practice more.

Today I was able to drain some 1 and 2 putts but still struggle with too many 3 & 4 putts.
Since I started keeping track, my putts this year for each round have been 38, 35, 40, 41.

P.s. I will be making a new thread this week because I'm going to the other end of my bag and doing a driver fitting.

Great write up!

First time I found your thread - with the Evnroll, it looks as if you were committed to your follow through. The earlier vids showed sort of a give-up after contact which can affect your contact. Good work. Enjoy.

Back