Putter Fitting Questions

D.Witt

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Ive never been fitted for a putter and considering being fitted for one.
I dont know what to expect, what questions to ask, and what information may be asked about me... The current putter I use is one I actually bought from the FS forum here about 5 or 6 years ago, its a good putter and I've gotten the feel of using it. I am decent within 6 feet of the cup and most outside of that, I normally 2

Since I am pretty good with my current putter, is it realistic to expect to get better with one thats fitted for me ? Ive never REALLY shopped for putters before so I have a bit of self educating to do.

Any advice, links, videos, etc. would be greatly appreciated!!! If move to drop a few hundred bucks on a putter, I want to make sure its a well-informed decision.

Go to the store, look at them, try them, putt with them.
DONT BUY TODAY
Go back next week
Look at them, try them, out with them.
Next take your ball to the store- putt with them.
Make sure you try them all face balance, some toe hang full toe hang, counter balance
But in the end, if you look down and hate the way it looks....you are not going to putt well with it.
A fitter will analayze your swing tell you what you are doing and then suggest a putter. If you hate the way it looks- oh well, it’s still what he feels will fit your swing.
I tried the same from Jan - March. Decided on a Scotty Dual Balance Futura X5. My putts are down to 1.67 average per hole per round. Think I am happy.... you bet I am
Good luck.

I got fitted at the SeeMore putting HQ and it was amazing the difference it made. Definitely worth it, in my very humble opinion. My putter fits me, not the other way around.

And decent inside 6' and 2 putt outside that is a great average!

I got fit at Club Champion a couple of years back. The biggest things I learned was that I line up blade putters better than mallets, and that 34" was a good length for my posture and stroke. As long as I stay within those criteria I tend to putt ok.

In general, that's what any fitting does, it narrows down the options but should always give you choices that fit your eye.

Back