Putter Grip Size: What's your preference?

Putter Grip Size: What's your preference?

• Total voters

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
There is a lot of putter talk on THP, from milled vs insert, to specific brands, to the latest and greatest coming out this year. One thing I didn't see is a thread / poll collecting what size of putter grip people enjoy the most. So, do you prefer a small/slender putter grip, a medium sized grip, a larger/fatter grip, or does it vary based on things like head shape/type or overall putter length? Why do you choose what size you enjoy in a putter grip?

SS 1.0 is working well for me. The "standard" size grips are all too small. Want to keep the grip in my fingers but with no slipping or twisting during the stroke.

SS 1.0 is working well for me. The "standard" size grips are all too small. Want to keep the grip in my fingers but with no slipping or twisting during the stroke.

After a bunch of trial and error, the SS 1.0 appears to be right in my sweet spot as well.

Feel like im double posting as I menrioned this earlier..however, ive been playing a s.s.2.0 for a month now. I bought into the bigger grip helping with less pressure by the hnds and fingers. I sometimes have a death grip on the putter.
Thus far id say it has worked out well. The queation remains is it the grip or me thinking because of the grip I use less pressure?
I have another seemore coming in this wee with just an oversized seemore grip on it. Ill have more on the difference when she comes in.
As for pre ss 2.0 I always used a standard pistol grip.

Exactly the same for me. I don't like anything smaller than the SS 1.0 but don't mind grips that are bigger.

I was using the standard putter grips for the past few years. I tried my buddy's putter with the super stroke 3.0 grip on it and immediately fell in love with the feel. As a guy who played baseball all his life it almost feels like I'm putting with a baseball bat and that inspires a lot of confidence when it matters most!

Personally, I enjoy a medium/midsized type of grip on my putter, like a SS 2.0 - I feel like I lose some feedback and feel of my stroke with an oversized grip, but still have some help with quieting my hands and wrists.

Jumbo Winn grip is what I use now. Previously the Jumbo Crown grip.

When I regrip the putter it will be with a Winn Jumbo Lite grip.

I am a mid guy, so I go with the SS Mid Slim 2.0. For me its just the feel of the grip for my decision.

Standard Pure grips. Also like the GP Tour Traditions. Tried the SS grips in a couple different sizes but they weren't for me.

I bounce back between the SS 1.0 and SS 2.0.

Currently gaming the SS 2 and don't see an immediate change in my future.

SS 3.0 for me. I just recently switched to a SS from a Winn midsized pistol grip and love it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS 1.0 for me right now, but I have been sort of smitten with the Seemore grips lately.

JM

SS 2.0 type grip feels best to me although currently I am gaming a 43 inch Odyssey #7 arm lock putter which has it's standard grip. I'm not sure how a midsize grip would even work on it.

Standard Pure grips. Also like the GP Tour Traditions. Tried the SS grips in a couple different sizes but they weren't for me.

This man is dedicated to his putter grips. Every putter ive seen of his has the exact same grip exact same color.. rather intimidating.

Used to just roll with stock grips, but now I'm hooked on the SS 2.0, which I guess I'd consider mid size. Feel great in my hands, quiets them down, and am really good on the greens.

A whole lot of Super Stroke love on THP. I loved my 2.0, but swapped it out for a WinnX Pro 1.18" and enjoy it quite a bit so far. I've got a SS 1.0 on another putter that I have moderate success with, but the 2.0 (1.2"ish) size is where I have found a groove. Haven't tried anything bigger, but don't think I'd like it and it also wouldn't fit in my putter well...

The Ultraslim 1.0 is my go-to at this point. I've put them on my last 2 putters and really like the feel/size. I think I could actually go one step wider now that I'm gaming a #7, but why fix what isn't broken?

i have an oversized grip on a 33" putter and a stock grip on a 35" putter. i like both for different reasons, i guess i like a bit of variety in my life.

SS 2.0 on my #1W & just put a SS 3.0 on my MXM #7 and I like it a lot.

SS Fatso. Its the cats meow

This man is dedicated to his putter grips. Every putter ive seen of his has the exact same grip exact same color.. rather intimidating.

I will have you know that the db4 I received this weekend still has the stock GP grip on it. Red Pure grip on the way though... Thinking about maybe pulling a surprise and going black Pure on the m7 since it is platinum.

I use the Winn Jumbo Lite grip.

Currently rocking the stock/standard sized grip on my Odyssey. Pondering putting a SuperStroke grip on it, though I haven't decided between the ultra-slim and the mid-slim. Going to wait until I get a putting specific lesson with my coach and really come to an agreement about whether a fatter grip will help my game and consistency with my putting stroke.

Golf Pride Velvet Pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back