34.5 is my length.

Mine are between 32” and 34”. I’m currently using the 32” and having good luck controlling pace and distance.

i think 34.5 is right. but i mostly have 35 because thats what they make.

My Scotty is 37". Putting used to hurt my lower back more than driving. Moved to a longer putter and now stand less hunched over to putt.

Have one standard 35” and my faithful 38”

Hey, that's low compared to several others on here. Haha. #14 will be ordered tomorrow based on the Club Champion putter fitting I am going through. I will sell off some though after I find out what I should be using.

Nice, I’m at 4 for now, (most I’ve ever had). A broken odyssey 2 ball, Maltby PTM Blade, O Works #2 & my new pride and joy the Bettinardi Inovia 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 35 and was given a 34. Definitely like the 34 more (it’s also much nicer) but I am curious about 33.5 or even a 33. I’m sure it’s not a proportional thing, but I am curious how tall everyone is compared to their putter length. I’m 5’8”

I've been going 35" the last couple years and been pretty happy with it

Fit to 35”. Most of my collection is 34-35.

A couple at 35”.
A few at 36”.
Most at 37” and grip down about an inch.
One at 38”, counterbalanced.
But the going rate is 42” now in my 3 arm locks. Looking to convert either one of my 2 ball F7’s or my Tri ball SRT to 42” armlock now.

I played my last putter for years at 35". My new Scotty is 34" and I like it much better. My putts per round have gone down.

My old Ping Anser needed a new grip so when I replaced it with a Lamkin Sinkfit, pistol grip, I had them add 1” to make it 36”. Bending over the shorter putter was uncomfortable on my back. I can’t believe how much better I putt with the new grip and added length.

Last edited:
I putt face on, or sidesaddle, however you want to describe it. My putter is 46" long and I've been using it exclusively for almost 2 years. I had a quasi uncle that I played a few times with and at the opposite end of the spectrum, he used an 18" putter, was very strange to see.

I follow Pat O'Brien, the SeeMore Ambassador and have taken lessons from him. My posture is very upright, easy on the back. I play a SeeMore putter at 35 inches, lie is rather flat, about 69 deg, loft is 2.5 deg. I have a 34.5 inch putter that hasn't see the course and have no issues practicing with it. It just doesn't make the playing cut.

I went through a few years of trying to fit my putters to my rather unusual posture and hand position when I putt. I like to hang my arms down and have them well away from my body. So in theory my putters should be about 32-1/2" long with a lie angle of at least 80 degrees (that's the most upright allowed under the Rules). I found a local guy who would bend putters really upright so he bent half a dozen different putters to 78 or 79. I hacked them down to 33" or 32-1/2" (or in one case 32" which was TOO short).

It's crazy but I could not consistently putt as well with those heavily customized putters as I had with bog-standard spec putters my first few years after taking up the game. My arms and hands were where I wanted them, the putter was soled nicely level with ground, I was holding the grip all the way at the end but it just wasn't as ideal as I had hoped.

So a few years ago I went back to what had always worked. I use a 34" long Ping Anser with the usual 71-72 degree lie angle. So I'm typically gripping down a couple inches, the toe of the putter hangs lower than the heel (a la Steve Stricker) and I put a good roll on the ball with a decent feel for distance. Honestly, I think if you happen to putt halfway decent the first couple years you play golf it's best to just stick with the type of putter you learned with.

I'm always 35, but was seriously considering a 34 on the new M Craft. I've gone from partial to full Kuchar on my putting posture. I worry about the days I can't bend over though.

All of mine are 35, I could use a 34 but prefer the 35.

I have varying lengths on a few putters, but gaming a 34” putter at the moment.

I usually play very close to 35, maybe 35.25 and I flat out hate switching haha

That said, if the grip is crazy on a shorter putter I can usually get my head distracted to not let the length bother me.

Have a lot of 34" putters and 1 at 34.5 and 1 at 35.

I notice that my eyes are usually inside the ball. Even with a 34 I notice it. Instead of combatting it I want to try more putters at 34.5".

I have two more putters that I need to extend to my customary (fitted) 35.5" length.
I almost did one this weekend. Guerin Rife Ian Baker Finch Model. (y)
I keep debating Super Stroke Pistol shape, or just a simple Pingman Midsize cord. :unsure:(y)

Back