5’9” and have played a 35” putter for 30+ years. Never really thought much about it until my buddy and I were talking, he’s 6’1” using a 35”. Took an inch off my Newport 2 and it’s night and day difference for me.

Not going back for sure!

That's the next step for me. Unfortunately, trying to find a putter fitting on a Sat is like winning the lotto.
It’s sooooooo worth it if you can. Never anticipated being fit to what I was, but it was a total game changer.

Ditto what Jman said - if you're concerned about roll, it's going to be much more impacted by loft. I got fit for 2* and it makes a fairly substantial difference for me on how quick it gets rolling end over end for me.

Length will impact your line more than anything, because it can adjust your stance. I went down to 34" but have gone back to around 35" and it feels better again.

Ditto what Jman said - if you're concerned about roll, it's going to be much more impacted by loft. I got fit for 2* and it makes a fairly substantial difference for me on how quick it gets rolling end over end for me.

Length will impact your line more than anything, because it can adjust your stance. I went down to 34" but have gone back to around 35" and it feels better again.
Great to know

I'm a little over 6'3 with a 36" sleeve and use a 35.5" putter(self fit)but have never been fit for length or loft which I should do. I would also like to try one of the Sik putters that go from 4* to 1* of loft on the same putter face.

Just like putting grip, I think putter length is also personal preference. I am not tall (5’10”) but I’m taller than alot of the guys I play golf with but I stand much more perpendicular than they do and therefore choke down almost to the bare section of the shaft of my putter. We do have one golfer who is 6’4” and he uses a longer shafted putter but he’s the outlier in our group.

Just like putting grip, I think putter length is also personal preference. I am not tall (5’10”) but I’m taller than alot of the guys I play golf with but I stand much more perpendicular than they do and therefore choke down almost to the bare section of the shaft of my putter. We do have one golfer who is 6’4” and he uses a longer shafted putter but he’s the outlier in our group.
I find that for longer putts I prefer to stand tall and grip at the end. For putts within 5' I tend to choke down more for a semblance of control.

I play with a guy who switches his grip depending on length. He does cross handed for short putts and standard right over left for longer putts. He says he’s always done that and it seems to work for him.
Golf seems to be the one thing where as long as it works for you, go for it.

I'm 5' 6" and use a 33" putter. The lie may be worth considering, as well. I tend to prefer a 70° lie angle, but my Odyssey is currently at 71°.

I’m 5’11”, my putter is 34”, but I grip way down on it. If you see me putt I’m like hunched way over the ball. For some reason I like being closer to the ball with a shorter stick as it’s easier to maintain control/precision. Or maybe it’s just in my head.

It’s sooooooo worth it if you can. Never anticipated being fit to what I was, but it was a total game changer.
Same here!
5'9", average arm length.
I always played 34-34.5" blade type putters. Always been a pretty good putter, but short misses were pulls ( I thought) and pushes on long putts.
Got fit at CC on the SAM system. It showed I was very consistent in my center strikes, with a little in to out down the line stroke. Big take away though, was that my eyes were a good 1.5" inside the ball at set up. Solution was a 33" putter. Now making more putts from all ranges due to getting my putts started on line more consistently.
Also recommended was a mallet with a little toe hang.

Last edited:
I’ve been fit to 35” but had been using 34 for the last few years. Switched back to 35 with my last putter purchase and just feel like I’m not hunched as much and have a little better posture.

I'm 6'6" with irons fitted +1 inch. I was fitted for a putter that is 38" long. Feels great and doesn't make my back ache.

I'm short 5'7". I use a 35" putter. Since I use the claw grip, I like a little longer putter than if I used a traditional grip or left-hand low grip.

6'4" here. I was fitted into irons an inch over standard and a 37" putter to help alleviate some low back pain. I could've gone 35, if back pain wasn't an issue.

6’5”; 38” putter; irons 1.25” over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been contemplating this this year. I am 5'11" with 33" sleeves in my dress shirts.
I use a 35" putter that I have thought was too long as I tend to grip down so the other day I tried a 33" and a 34" and they did not feel natural at all. the 33" I felt like I was really stooping over and the club felt 'clubby' and the 34" didn't feel balanced.
I could probably adapt to the 34" over time but nothing jumped out at me at all.

5'11 with a 34" wrist to floor measurement in my golf shoes. I've been fit for a 34" putter and that length feels fine. I'm currently in a 35" and I'm putting well with it, so I don't plan on cutting it down. I've tried 33" putters, but they seem too short. My son is currently 5'11 and has a 32" wrist to floor measurement. He is playing a 33" and putts well with it.

I am 6'-3" and have used my 35" putter for 2 decades. I was not fit for it, but had the measurements taken while I was being fitted for other clubs just to check. It fits my gorilla like form frame well.

Back