JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the loft on your putter? Do you have a preferred loft? Do you know the loft?

So my putter fitting with ClubChampion they took me from a standard 3* of loft to 1*. This was back in 2015 when a forward press had creeped into my putting and was causing some inconsistencies.

Adjusted to 1* and the ball rolled better. Obviosuly this was before putter face technology really took off, so since then I've left my putter standard and have had no need to adjust the loft.

This is actually a question I hope the Grandaddy guys ask Luke and Sean (if he's there) during their putter selections.

No idea. Whatever the standard loft is on the Taylormade Spider.

• Admin
So my putter fitting with ClubChampion they took me from a standard 3* of loft to 1*. This was back in 2015 when a forward press had creeped into my putting and was causing some inconsistencies.

Adjusted to 1* and the ball rolled better. Obviosuly this was before putter face technology really took off, so since then I've left my putter standard and have had no need to adjust the loft.

This is actually a question I hope the Grandaddy guys ask Luke and Sean (if he's there) during their putter selections.

This is exactly where I am coming from. I have been playing the O-Works #7 with 3 degrees of loft. The Stroke Lab EXO Marxman I was fit for at Club Champion was done with 1 degree. So I bet my #7 to 1 degree and had amazing success with it.

I am going back and forth on which putter I want to continue to use, but I went from leaving a few putts short to getting every ball to the hole.

Ever since using the Nike method putters and due to playing on a lot of Bermuda, I like using 2* on my putters. My Byron was made to it. Although, not very common in a lot of brands.

the Bermuda thing may not even be a legit reason to but I thought I read somewhere that grass type can dictate a preferable loft depending on your stroke and what not?

Also, I’ve never seen/been on any type of measuring device likeSAM to see what the difference would be for me. Would be really interesting to witness though

I have absolutely zero idea and kick myself for not asking more about it last year at The Grandaddy. It's stock but I wish I would have asked to focus on that a little bit because I've been curious this year.

I read many years ago that putters had a "standard" loft of 4-degrees I think. I have no clue what the loft of the many, many putters I've owned has been. It's probably important enough to know though... lol

This is exactly where I am coming from. I have been playing the O-Works #7 with 3 degrees of loft. The Stroke Lab EXO Marxman I was fit for at Club Champion was done with 1 degree. So I bet my #7 to 1 degree and had amazing success with it.

I am going back and forth on which putter I want to continue to use, but I went from leaving a few putts short to getting every ball to the hole.

Being on the SAM lab really helped me see what the ball was doing immediately at impact and how long it took to start forward roll. I quit paying attention to it with the microhinge face and the Toulon, but I wonder how much of the "skidding" is still there just after impact.

I have absolutely zero idea and kick myself for not asking more about it last year at The Grandaddy. It's stock but I wish I would have asked to focus on that a little bit because I've been curious this year.

Odyssey lists their lofts in the specs on their website.

Being on the SAM lab really helped me see what the ball was doing immediately at impact and how long it took to start forward roll. I quit paying attention to it with the microhinge face and the Toulon, but I wonder how much of the "skidding" is still there just after impact.

According to GCQuad, I putt better with Microhinge than a few others in my rotation, so there is that.

I've never had putter loft adjusted so I would guess 3°. I really do need a putter fitting as I tried a friend's putter that was at 1° and I loved the roll.

Cleveland HB Soft. 3 degrees of loft. I do the forward press, so Id be my effective loft is less than that. I cant say that I really have a preference in terms of loft and doubt that Im playing at a level where its really going to matter anyways.

I have absolutely zero clue what the loft on my putter is. Whatever it is it’s stock. However a putter fitting is on my to do list this winter

The 2 putters I primarily use have stated lofts of 2* (Hogan BHB02) and 2.5* (SeeMore mFGP).

I’m at 3.5 degrees on my current mallet. I find the loft necessary since we don’t have the fastest greens up here (which I’d attribute to short growing season). Sometimes it feels like a ball could roll up a Stimpmeter faster than some of the putting surfaces - especially when temporaries are taken into the equation.

I’ll have to measure the SC when it arrives from Space Bandito.

When I was on the SAM lab it showed I was delofting so much that it suggested lofting up from the stock 3. So I usually play 4. But I wonder if my stroke has changed...

Absolutely no idea...I’ve known there was such a thing but never really have thought about it.

Does loft make that big of a difference in putting? I am sure it does, but not sure how much.

@JB To further this, do you think people should have the loft checked like with their irons? We've all leaned on our putters and bumped them around a little, could that change the loft and lie?

Mine is a 3, have never been fit for a putter and usually just play with the standard loft on the putter i am using. Would be interested to see if it would make a difference in my putting as that was a big struggle for me this year.

What is the loft on your putter? Do you have a preferred loft? Do you know the loft?

The loft of my putter is 4*.

Toulon Columbus. Loft 3 and lie is 70.

don’t know the loft. i’ve been fit twice for a putter, and neither time did we spend any time with loft.

Man I have no idea haha. It’s stock. And I have no clue if that’s right for me or not. I’m ready to learn more from the masters.

stock for mine is 3.5* - but i bought it used and have no idea if there were any adjustments made (the seller told me everything was stock).

No idea...I trust (hope) the OEM set it to maximize roll but don’t know if that’s a fact.

Back