• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Simple enough premise.

Do you use the shaft that came with your putter?
Do you even know what it is?
Specific shaft you prefer?

Simple enough premise.

Do you use the shaft that came with your putter?
Do you even know what it is?
Specific shaft you prefer?
Don’t know. Never knew i should care…. Should I? If so, why and what will it do for me? #MoreKnowledgeForThisInternetGolfer

Ever since I tried a Stability Shaft I don't want to go back to a regular one. It might just be mental but I feel more confident and like it does make a bit of an impact for me.

I would have to say kind of. Or maybe.

I have a fancy putter shaft right now and I really like it. it is a fujikura MC putter shaft. Before that it was a KBS one step. I have tried the cutter shaft as well.

Does that mean it makes a big difference. I am honestly not sure.

Have not use anything other than a stock steel shaft. Stroke Lab is the only other that I've even had the chance to roll. Very curious about the Stability shaft and the LA Golf graphite shaft though

I voted 'don't care'. I know what shaft is in my putter, but I've never considered reshafting a putter, and the shaft wouldn't have much influence on my decision to buy or not buy a putter. I won't say I entirely discount the idea that the tech in a putter shaft could be helpful, but I'm not entirely 100% on board with it either. My mind isn't closed to the idea, but I'd have to have the opportunity to try it first-hand to make me a true believer.

I have never used anything but a stock putter shaft. I might care or have a preference if I had experience with one, but I don't know what I don't know.

Also, I want ust mamiya to release a putter shaft. That might get me over the hump to try something different

I voted for don’t care. I have a stroke lab shaft now and I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between that and the shaft on Alyssa’s OG Ping Anser. I think the putter head (shape) has much more of an affect on putting (I’m probably wrong here, but that’s where I land).

Do you use the shaft that came with your putter? Yes
Do you even know what it is? Nope
Specific shaft you prefer? No preference

I just don't see how a shaft that gets such a slow swing on it can make any difference. But I will let the science speak for itself.

I have 4 putters with the KBS CT Tour putter shaft that I love. This spring I plan on trying some putter shafts from LA Golf.

I know what's in my putter but, aside from knowing it's a strokelab, I'm clueless.

I care. I've used a SL for the past two years and love it. I am also committing to getting a Tour Stability next season. So I would say I care lol

Don't care but that's because I don't know too much about them to differentiate.

I possibly should care but never have. Never have changed out a putter shaft from stock.

I barely care what shaft is in my irons or driver, so putter, no.

Putter shafts don’t register with me. I’d never swap out an existing but if in the market for a new putter and one with an upgraded shaft piques my interest, I’d give it a go. But that’d be a curiosity driven exercise in the moment as I have no tangible desire.

Also, I want ust mamiya to release a putter shaft. That might get me over the hump to try something different

Not sure how much I can say, but I thinks you will get your wish in 2022....

For me, I have tried and had great success with a couple different shaft options. Stroke lab is awesome, really liked the Kinetexx and Accra options, still have them, but am rolling it pretty well with a pretty stock steel shaft.

I would really like to get one of them back in my center shafted Indy, but it didn't work out so good the first time so not sure how to make it work this time.

Yes. I care.

Because yes, it does matter in my testing. And I’ve reviewed a fair number of them.

I am team Strokelab.

I believe in the technology for sure

I've never used another shaft beyond stock...so I guess I don't care. I want to care but I'm not convinced it makes that big a difference

No, I don't know. I know it might be graphite, or maybe even fiberglass. Definately not metal.

What I do know is that I roll straight putts, on my chosen line, a high percentage of the time. That's all that matters.

Another I care vote.

Back in the "dark ages", aka before Stroke Lab etc., I considered a stepless shaft an upgrade. Now, after reading reviews here on THP I'm intrigued by the potential benefits of the aftermarket offerings.

Back