Putter shaft - KBS CT Tour

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just ordered a couple of these to try out. They are stiffer and offere more response which might be a good thing especially since I'm playing my putter at a 37" length now. Does anyone have any experience with these? I don't love the feel of the Stroke Lab shaft in my Toulon Las Vegas so one of them will be installed on that putter.

Last edited:
I just ordered a couple of these to try out. They are stiffer and offere more response which might be a good thing especially since I'm playing my putter at a 37" length now. Does anyone have any experience with these? I don't love the feel of the Stroke Lab shaft in my Toulon Las Vegas so one of them will be installed on that putter.

I have one on my Spider X putter. KBS said it is 130g shaft with 1.8 torque. I really like it.
I was playing the Spider Tour with the stock shaft. I can really tell the difference. Spider X is more stout with this shaft. I can feel and hear the ball coming off the face. Which I like.

I didn't like the feel of the Stroke Lab either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They are coming out with this one later this year. I don't know much about it.
c0022b2423b4d2529c01bc61a3f447ef.jpg

They are coming out with this one later this year. I don't know much about it.
c0022b2423b4d2529c01bc61a3f447ef.jpg

Very cool that we are seeing a few different high-end putter shafts. It's something I've never really paid much attention to but now that my putting has improved I'm going to tinker with these different shafts.

The putter shaft area is a whole new ballgame.

I have the KBS CT Tour putter shaft in one of my putters and I’m a big fan of it. Can definitely tell a difference between that shaft and the one’s in my other putters. Very intrigued by the new shaft options but have never been a big fan of the stroke lab for some reason. Looking forward to the new KBS offering coming out sooner or later and also likely going to grab the LAGP Ozik putter shaft that Rickie, Na, and Bryson use (Bryson’s is slightly different due to his long arm lock putter).

I put a kbs ct tour in my 7 and so far it just feels like any other shaft to me. But...I haven’t had it on course yet. The matte black finish is really nice though

I've been using these in the putters I've built, nice to have a choice of finish but do think they feel a little firmer. I haven't tried a stability shaft yet for comparison, I do prefer looking down on something quite traditional though!!

After putting more and more with one in my 7, I have decided to pick one up for one of my Toulon’s as well. Love the look of the satin and it will look awesome.

Crazy. I have one coming for my stroke lab 3. I really don't love the feel of the stroke lab shaft on putts under 10' compared to a more traditionally weighted one, so I thought I'd give it a try. Helps that they come in matte black, and I'm kind of a KBS ***** too. I think it gets here tomorrow, but it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to try it on course until well into next week. Eager to hear what you think if you beat me to it.

agree I don't like the stroke lab at all.... The KBS definitely feels stiffer and more solid at impact. I actually prefer the KBS shaft over the Stability shaft. Does it make a difference??? I dont know, but I feel more comfortable with it so thats gotta mean something

I haven’t had the chance to try out the CT Tour and I look forward to hopefully hearing about their One Step putter shaft in May. I’ll definitely report back here what I felt and saw with my putter when/if the time comes!🤞
I’ll be bringing my HB#1 putter along which isn’t the flashiest putter out there but I KNOW how it feels now and I’m confident standing over that putter.

Glad I read this thread because I didn't want to be a negative Nancy on the stroke lab shaft, but I am having the same issue with mine on my Columbus putter. Unless I hit id dead perfect center and I mean perfect center, the feel is almost non existent, meaning I'm getting a lot of feedback because I didn't hit it perfectly in the center. Even close to the center or "almost" dead center will give a negative feedback. That's not what I need for my putting game. I will be looking to replace my stroke lab shaft with something else.

I won a putter that has this shaft. Very nice looking. Performs like a shaft I’d say lol. I’m in the group where I can pick up 30 putter and each one feels different but I don’t attribute jack to the shaft in the putter. Never had a putter shaft twist or flex during normal use.
Lovely looks. Premium feel. Just like a putter shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After putting more and more with one in my 7, I have decided to pick one up for one of my Toulon’s as well. Love the look of the satin and it will look awesome.

Being the Toulon has the Stroke Lab, which I have found the best putter shaft I have played prior, how did you feel this KBS shaft compared and why you put this on your Toulon over the Stroke Lab?

Being the Toulon has the Stroke Lab, which I have found the best putter shaft I have played prior, how did you feel this KBS shaft compared and why you put this on your Toulon over the Stroke Lab?
Not in there yet, but since I ordered my 2 stroke lab putters too short because I was going through a phase at the time trying to use a shorter putter, I now have the stroke lab from my Atlanta in my Columbus because it plays longer. I already have a standard shaft in my Atlanta, and for that head, I actually like it better...but putting around with my 7 with one of these, it does feel oddly different, but in a good way. Feedback is sharper maybe? So I will be very curious how the Atlanta feels with one...plus I just really liked that satin look of the C-tapers, and that is one of the options with these shafts. So...mostly for looks, but it does seem to provide some slightly different feedback.

On the subject of different putters shafts I've really come to love the BGT Stability Shafts. I've got 8 of them installed if that tells you anything. Also have 3 UST Frequency Filtered shafts which have a unique feel as well.

On the subject of different putters shafts I've really come to love the BGT Stability Shafts. I've got 8 of them installed if that tells you anything. Also have 3 UST Frequency Filtered shafts which have a unique feel as well.
Have you tried their Tour version? I’ve been tempted to invest in one.

Have you tried their Tour version? I’ve been tempted to invest in one.

Yep. Of the 8 Stability Shafts I have 2 of them are the newer Tour version. In all honesty I don't notice a huge difference between the two versions. Visually the Tour is slimmer but that's not ever something I notice while holding the putter at address because I don't look at the shaft, I look at the ball. I'm completely fine with the original version if I had to choose based on price.

Yep. Of the 8 Stability Shafts I have 2 of them are the newer Tour version. In all honesty I don't notice a huge difference between the two versions. Visually the Tour is slimmer but that's not ever something I notice while holding the putter at address because I don't look at the shaft, I look at the ball. I'm completely fine with the original version if I had to choose based on price.
Interesting. All i know is the tour is supposed to play like a typical shaft and the non tour is supposed to increase the swing weight some.

Interesting. All i know is the tour is supposed to play like a typical shaft and the non tour is supposed to increase the swing weight some.

I can't say I notice a difference in the weight but I guess I'm not super weight sensitive when it comes to putter shafts LOL. Going from steel to the original stability shaft the main thing I noticed was just how much more solid everything felt and sounded. Very pleasing sound at impact to me and not a flimsy feeling impact like steel (which is funny because before trying the stability shaft I had no reference to "feel" in a putter shaft).

I just went and did some carpet putting with both versions and all I can tell you is I can seamlessly go from one version to the other without feeling a swinging difference. I've got them in essentially like for like putters as well.

Your results may vary. (y)

I can't say I notice a difference in the weight but I guess I'm not super weight sensitive when it comes to putter shafts LOL. Going from steel to the original stability shaft the main thing I noticed was just how much more solid everything felt and sounded. Very pleasing sound at impact to me and not a flimsy feeling impact like steel (which is funny because before trying the stability shaft I had no reference to "feel" in a putter shaft).

I just went and did some carpet putting with both versions and all I can tell you is I can seamlessly go from one version to the other without feeling a swinging difference. I've got them in essentially like for like putters as well.

Your results may vary. (y)
Sounds good! The reg one is a bit less expense. Hoping to make a purchase for my Scotty soon.

Sounds good! The reg one is a bit less expense. Hoping to make a purchase for my Scotty soon.

I don't think you'd be disappointed. If you save your original shaft you can always go back no problems. I saved most of my original shafts but on a few of them I just cut the originals. Either using BGT's tips or buying you own single bend shaft to use instead of the original (depending on your current putter) is pretty easy. I don't regret any of the decisions I made with regard to purchasing the BGT's shafts.

Last edited:
Have the CT tour now in both a 7 and Atlanta. Definitely provides some firmer feedback. Not sure on any potential benefits while putting in itself, but the firmer feedback I could see being a pro to a lot of people. I have them in the matte black and the brushed chrome/silver or whatever they call it, and they both look fantastic.

Back