Putter Shoot Out is Official

1.)I'm curious what made Callaway go with the Sabertooth, it's not their premier or tour butter. I expected to see an i-black series.

2.)I would suggest PING but I guess they declined again?

Some other suggestions;

Heavy Putter
Wilson Staff (Newer Milled 88 series)

AJ, here is their quote

"we would like to send something that is used on tour and still affordable to most consumers".

For that I kind of applaud them.

I'm curious what made Callaway go with the Sabertooth, it's not their premier or tour butter. I expected to see an i-black series.
Perhaps because Rocco almost won the U.S. Open with it last year. They sure seem to be doing a lot of advertising about it in golf magazines lately.
Ive tried the Sabretooth and its actually a really nice putter. You can mishit a putt so bad with that thing and the ball still goes where you want it to. My only complaint with it is how ugly it is. As much as I like how it performs, I just cant get past the looks of it.

AJ, here is their quote

"we would like to send something that is used on tour and still affordable to most consumers".

For that I kind of applaud them.

I agree with that.

Reactions: JB
Perhaps because Rocco almost won the U.S. Open with it last year. They sure seem to be doing a lot of advertising about it in golf magazines lately.
Ive tried the Sabretooth and its actually a really nice putter. You can mishit a putt so bad with that thing and the ball still goes where you want it to. My only complaint with it is how ugly it is. As much as I like how it performs, I just cant get past the looks of it.

I didn't say it wasn't a nice putter I'm just used to companies pushing their premiere lines.

The Sabertooth is a fantastic putter. I'll be selling mine soon though, because I'm sick of staring at pictures of SSB's online.

The Sabertooth is a fantastic putter. I'll be selling mine soon though, because I'm sick of staring at pictures of SSB's online.
SSBs look pretty sweet, kinda pricey though.

Yeah SSB's are pricey. But they are custom. Most custom putters cost WAY MORE than SSBs.

Yeah SSB's are pricey. But they are custom. Most custom putters cost WAY MORE than SSBs.

Exactly. Look at Slighter for example. No thanks! lol SSB's are flat out beautiful, and are so much cheaper then other customized putters.

Yes a lot of the others I've seen on the Net are a lot more. Even with a Scotty if I were to send mine into the custom shop it would cost just as much if not more than the putter itself.

WSE,
Since we are a board of honesty, here goes. Titleist declined the invitation on this. So since we have a Kombi here, it will be used.

I really am bummed by that. I am not a Scotty basher, and was genuinely interested in how they would do in this field. Oh well.

Do you know which SSB it's going to be?

We really thought they would want to be in it. Especially since we reviewed the balls and are scheduled to review quite a few more things from them. But atleast we will get one of them included.

JB's is the Yaupon model. Hopefully the Topsail or Wrightsville cast putters may makeit in as well.

First post edited. MACHINE Putters added to the list.

Awesome, JB!

Oh no, I've heard of Never Compromise, infact I used to game one, but I was just asking about the X-Ray, I've never heard of it, or seen it. I was just curious to see what it looked like, I loved my old Never Compromise, great feel off the face.

Never-Compromise-Xray_600.jpg

Wow, that definitely looks interesting.
No kidding. That thing is so huge you could probably putt blindfolded, with 1 arm tied behind your back, standing on 1 leg while half drunk and probably still sink most of your putts.

No kidding. That thing is so huge you could probably putt blindfolded, with 1 arm tied behind your back, standing on 1 leg while half drunk and probably still sink most of your putts.

All while putting lefty!

Probably. Im a blade man, but that NC looks pretty sweet.

Back