Putter Shoot Out is Official

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So the Putter Shoot Out is official however we will be doing this one a little different. We will have a whole bunch of putters involved in this and we will get real world quotes from the 16 testers that will be trying them all out.
Testers
4 Teaching Professionals (0 or better)
4 Low Handicap (0-8)
4 Mid Handicap (9-16)
4 High Handicap (16+)

Putters

SeeMore - Both cast and milled line will be represented.
Nike - Nike OZ and Nike will be represented.
RIFE - 2 Bar Hybrid Blade
GEL - Paul Hurrion Line
Callaway - Sabertooth
Goode - Milled Blade
Slotline - 385 Blade and a Mallet
Cleveland - Blade & Mallet
Never Compromise - New X-Ray
Taylormade - Kia Ma & New TM Putter
Nickent - Tour Proto Blades
Scotty Cameron - Kombi
Mizuno - 1 Blade and 1 Mallet
Sunset Beach - Blade Custom
Machine - 2 Putters
Heavy Putter - Mid Weight

We have 5 more companies we are awaiting feedback from, but we hope to have a few more in that lineup.

This will be done differently like I said. We will not have rankings, but they will be broken down by handicap group and it will be more about how each putter worked for individuals rather than just overall results, because we understand how putters are different for everybody.

Last edited:
SWEET!!! Do you know when this is going to take place? I can't wait to read about it!

• Admin
  • Admin
We may put our SSB putter in this thing after all.

Sabertooth represent!! woo!

cool! i am really interested in how these do:

SeeMore - milled line
GEL - Paul Hurrion Line
Goode - Milled Blade
Cleveland - Blade & Mallet
Never Compromise - New X-Ray
Taylormade - Kia Ma & New TM Putter
Nickent - Tour Proto Blades

a lot of cool putters in this test

I have never hit a Gel before, I need to find one.

they are DIRT cheap on Ebay right now. BRAND NEW too. you can pick up a brand new Gel for $45.

I'm really excited for this, I'm a putter ho, I'm going to make myself a huge putter collection :D

But I've personally never heard of the Never Compromise X-Ray, let alone seen it, could anyone point me in the direction of a picture or something? Thanks in advance.

they are DIRT cheap on Ebay right now. BRAND NEW too. you can pick up a brand new Gel for $45.

Wow thanks RS I may check it out. Though I'm still contemplating ordering a 2-ball i-black series direct from Callaway, my pro thinks my current putter is too upright.

I'm really excited for this, I'm a putter ho, I'm going to make myself a huge putter collection :D

But I've personally never heard of the Never Compromise X-Ray, let alone seen it, could anyone point me in the direction of a picture or something? Thanks in advance.

Really? THey are owned by Cleveland and Srixon. The Xray is not out yet, but will be soon. JB Holmes used it this weekend and had 25 putts in 18 holes.

They will not be in US Stores this year it does not look like. US Distributor is not the best we have seen. We will have an article on this coming up soon.

Really? THey are owned by Cleveland and Srixon. The Xray is not out yet, but will be soon. JB Holmes used it this weekend and had 25 putts in 18 holes.

They will not be in US Stores this year it does not look like. US Distributor is not the best we have seen. We will have an article on this coming up soon.

Oh no, I've heard of Never Compromise, infact I used to game one, but I was just asking about the X-Ray, I've never heard of it, or seen it. I was just curious to see what it looked like, I loved my old Never Compromise, great feel off the face.

We will have it here in a few days hopefully. These new ones are not released yet, but there are pictures around the net.

We will have it here in a few days hopefully. These new ones are not released yet, but there are pictures around the net.

Alright, I'll see if I can find a picture, thanks for the info JB.

1st post updated with Mizuno added to the confirmed list.

1st post updated with Mizuno added to the confirmed list.
It would be nice if they would send you a black carbon and a c-series; because those 2 putters are signifigantly different.
The black carbon has a face insert, whereas the c-seres does not.
I really like my C-06. IMO, its every bit as good as any Scotty Cameron and better than any Odyssey.

We have requested that each company decide which putters to submit. With a maximum of 3. So we shall see.

It would be nice if they would send you a black carbon and a c-series; because those 2 putters are signifigantly different.
The black carbon has a face insert, whereas the c-seres does not.
I really like my C-06. IMO, its every bit as good as any Scotty Cameron and better than any Odyssey.

Mizuno C-03 FTW!

I wd love to see a scotty ss newport 2 and/or circa 62 instead of, or in addition to, the kombi.

WSE,
Since we are a board of honesty, here goes. Titleist declined the invitation on this. So since we have a Kombi here, it will be used.

Titleist declined the invitation on this.
Apparently Acushnet doesnt like us making fun of The Dictator. :D

I would really like to see a SSB in here.

Floppy your wish is our command. 1st post updated.

Back