Putter Transformation?

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, just a quick question here. Is there a way (besides the "Belly Putt") that a normal putter (in my case 33") can be turned into a "broom handle" style putter like Adam Scott uses? I have a :nike: method Core 1i and would like to change it to a long putter over the winter.

Thanks guys,
BulldogsGolf:clap:

Yes, there is a thread here about a product that does exactly that. Let me look for it real quick...

Yes, there is a thread here about a product that does exactly that. Let me look for it real quick...

That is the belly putt and it is a training aid. I meant an actual addition to the shaft or different shaft that makes it a belly putter.....

You can have a club maker pull the shaft and put a longer shaft and the new grip on it. Other then what was listed before, I think this is the only other way.

You can have a club maker pull the shaft and put a longer shaft and the new grip on it. Other then what was listed before, I think this is the only other way.

That. Other than using the "belly putt" product, the only way to do it would for it to be reshafted.

Thanks guys. A reshaft is what I would have done.

BulldogsGolf

It is very easy to pull and replace a putter shaft. If you want something longer but don't want to screw up the swing weight too bad, just buy a True Temper 43 inch hybrid shaft in stiff flex. Works great as a putter shaft. They can be bought for less that $20 in either a 0.350 or 0.370 tip. Just check your current tip diameter.

Fantastic tip Hooser!

One tip to anyone using a hybrid shaft on a long putter. If you are using a two piece grip, it is a lot easier to put on the long bottom grip before shafting the head. It is easy to slide the grip up and into position from the tip end than it is from the butt end. Most hybrid shafts are at least a 0.600 butt, which makes it hard to feed the grip down and into place. Easier to do first. The short top grip can be pushed on with ease from the butt given its short length.

When I add a grip before shafting the head, I simply mark the tip of the shaft right at the hosel with a line on the hosel with a sharpie to have a reference for making sure the graphics on the grip (if there is one) and to make sure the grip is square when shafting. The line can be cleaned off with ease with grip solvent.

Back