PUTTERS OF ALL TIME

armidwestgolf

Reaction score
Which putters do you use?
Over the years there have been some great putters. and we know that the newer ones arent necessarily better. thats why i have3 putters that i still have for use. a dunlop, and odysee, and a ping. ITS ALL GOOD

another thing, i wish i had picked up a taylormade rossa

Last edited:
Odyssey WH Pro V line had to be my all time GOAT putter

My current putter (SL Ten) is my all time GOAT, never loved a putter like this one before. If there's one from the past I could have back though, it would be the brass Plop putter I had in the early '90s. They had a cool little fitting cart with a mirror and alignment aids where you determined your length and lie and bought it fit to you, I was really fond of that putter.

From the time I started golf in Jr. High until my mid-twenties, I gamed a Bullseye Flange. I was an AWESOME putter, even though my Jr. High and High School play was on slow Bermuda greens in Orlando. I'm no braggart, but I can say that I was an amazing putter. If you don't believe it then just ask me! lol

Anyway, I've tried many times over the years to recapture that magic, to no avail. I have my 6th or 7th Bullseye Flange just sitting up against the wall behind me even now.

But I did just now acquire a Zebra Teardrop TDZ2 putter that I had used very successfully 15 years or more ago. I've played one round with it so far and had mixed results. Other old putters that were wildly successful (until they weren't) were 1) TaylorMade ROHO II, 2) Odyssey DFX 2-Ball, 3) Scottie Cameron Newport Oil Can, 4) PING B-60. I'd like to have all of them back again and just rotate them in and out - I don't really see the value in these $400 putters today.
TDZ2.jpg

Studio Select Newport 2 has been my favourite since being lucky enough to open up that parcel. I've tried a couple others since, but I always go back even though I'm nervous about causing a scratch. It's just such a smooth feeling putter. And it is absolutely stunning!

My original Ghost Spider from like 2011 which I have been using since then. It is one of the ugliest putters I have ever seen, but it works well for me.

Several TaylorMade putters and a few Odessey.

I'd say Scotty Napa / Wilson 8802 is the GOAT putter. Timeless and pure, traditional and contemporary all in one.
Toulon garage recreated it with the Latrobe.
You can still shoot a 59 with it, or break 100 for the first time. Great on any green.

I have two Odyssey putters I use, a 2-ball o-works and a Versa Anser style.
To me the breakthrough putter design that has been copied over and over through the years is the original Ping Anser putter.

Odyssey Triple Track 10. 2020 was the first year I used the same putter all season.

Back