Yeah I'm stoked for the Sik. It's also just nice to know what works best for my stroke. I actually brought a pretty good putting game with me as I was doing well with my mallet, but it was clear that I was manipulating my stroke to make the shape work for me. Not sure if I'm going to move that putter yet. I really do love the look of it and getting another one built like that will be a challenge.
I noticed that for my stroke as well, that I could make it work but it was easier with other heads that had better face balance on them. It's kind of wild to think about how hard we work to make a putter operate the way it was intended purely because we like it.

And therefore, long necks for life hahaha

Playing around with 3 of my putters tonight and it's silly how comfortable I feel with the Indy CS in hand. I can't believe I keep coming back to this goofy thing.

Playing around with 3 of my putters tonight and it's silly how comfortable I feel with the Indy CS in hand. I can't believe I keep coming back to this goofy thing.
haha, and more importantly, why you keep moving away from it.

haha, and more importantly, why you keep moving away from it.
That dang new and shiny keeps getting me. On the plus side I'm just about out of new putters to even try so soon enough this one should be the full time gamer :ROFLMAO:.

Putter considerations and testing has hit new levels..

image.jpg

Anyone use the new Lamkin Square Top Sink Fit?

That dang new and shiny keeps getting me. On the plus side I'm just about out of new putters to even try so soon enough this one should be the full time gamer :ROFLMAO:.
we all know you'll find others to buy.

I could post two pictures in this thread and you'd ask me what even is an Indy.

Reactions: KEV
go oooooon

Sooo, 6 of them are the exact same putter head. Milled them with a buddy. I am testing them with different face mill depths.

From smooth zero milling (my personal fav) to a pretty aggressive .015 mill depth.. plus toying with weight etc.. it’s been a super fun little hobby lately.

Then there are couple others I am using as design references and comparisons.

Sooo, 6 of them are the exact same putter head. Milled them with a buddy. I am testing them with different face mill depths.

From smooth zero milling (my personal fav) to a pretty aggressive .015 mill depth.. plus toying with weight etc.. it’s been a super fun little hobby lately.

Then there are couple others I am using as design references and comparisons.
I would bet whatever the level after smooth is would be my fav.

I would bet whatever the level after smooth is would be my fav.

Brush your teeth in it smooth?

image.jpg

Here is the back. Still not finished

image.jpg

Well, step one complete. Had my putter fitting at CC yesterday. I took my Odyssey Red #7 as that's the longest tenured putter that I have and it's my default goto when whatever I have in the bag isn't working for me. After putting for a while we set up the SAM and got to work. My face rotation is pretty close to SBST. I drift the head away from me just a tiny bit on takeaway but my stroke through impact is pretty solid (who knew!). After impact it got really inconsistent, which my fitter assessed as my trying to compensate for something or steer the ball. Based on all of that, he assessed that I needed something with a squared shape that is face balanced or really close.

Enter the wide blade options. As an aside I was super excited at this point, as the wide blade look is my preferred shape. We trotted out the primary contenders. All the options we tried were double bends, but a face balanced single bend could work as well. We quickly boiled it down to 3 main options. EvnRoll ER2, Toulon Chicago and the Sik DW.

Out of the three, the ER2 was the easiest scratch. It didn't perform any better than the other two and the feel/sound just wasn't there for me. This is still a great putter, and one I've flirted with buying before, just wasn't the perfect one based on what we saw. The Chicago was probably the best feeling & looking putter out of the three, but I wasn't quite as accurate as I was with the Sik. It's still a really good option for me, and adjusted to my specs would probably be a great option. I'm not ruling out grabbing one of those at some point!

The big winner was the Sik DW. Feel was pretty close to the Chicago for me. The results though, were clearly the best for me. The straight putts on the fitting green were almost point and shoot. Finish wise the Sik isn't going to blow anyone away (I asked if it came in black) IMO, but I really do like the shape. It felt pretty wide, even compared to some other wide blade designs, and has a pronounced tri-sole on the bottom. Specs are 34", 69˚ lie and 1.5˚ loft. Believe 370 grams headweight, waiting for the spec sheet in my email. Ended up sticking with the stock grip that is more slim than I usually use, which was a surprise.

Going to commit to this putter and really try to focus on practicing with it over the offseason. Cleaning up my putting is a major goal for me in 2021.

I'm not going to clear out the putter hoard, but I'm definitely going to move a couple and probably have a few adjusted to match my specs from the fitting. Short term I'm going to make sure anything that stays plays at 34" while I wait for my Sik to be delivered.
Is the sik insert the same one that is in the Cobra putters?

glad you had a great experience

Do i extend the 34” putter to 35”?

that’s legit testing right there

not sure capabilities but sound test please

I can try later.. I just have my iPhone. These are all home made.

The smooth obviously has the most click but is also the most responsive.

Once you get to the deepest mill it feels very mutted and soft but personally I start losing touch.

do you have a picture?

(probably a no from me lol)

Is that in the new cobra putter?
Not that I can grab but it looks new for 2021. It kinda looks perfect for me

Back