I may have to decide if I go Toulon Chicago all year or TT Ten all year. Fuzzy greens yesterday with the Chicago and left quite a few putts short, today with the Ten I only had one short but on better greens.
The Chicago I do better on faster greens and the Ten does better on slower greens IMO and for me. It is early in the season so need to give it time and let it work it self out.

I may have to decide if I go Toulon Chicago all year or TT Ten all year. Fuzzy greens yesterday with the Chicago and left quite a few putts short, today with the Ten I only had one short but on better greens.
The Chicago I do better on faster greens and the Ten does better on slower greens IMO and for me. It is early in the season so need to give it time and let it work it self out.

Caught a glimpse of the bottom of the putter and looked like it had the Toulon weight. But then again I’ve never rolled either putter so who knows. All I know is he was rolling in putts with whatever he was using yesterday!
Saw that as well. I caught a face-on closeup during yesterday's round and could have sworn it was a Cleveland, but like you say it's hard to tell. Whatever it is, I wouldn't be giving it up anytime soon.

Saw that as well. I caught a face-on closeup during yesterday's round and could have sworn it was a Cleveland, but like you say it's hard to tell. Whatever it is, I wouldn't be giving it up anytime soon.
I need to practice walking it in on my putting mat. Been working on the club twirl in the garage, this would be a nice complement.

Just saw a closeup, definitely a Toulon.

I picked up an almost new Chicago for $250 back in October and loved it for the handful of rounds I played with it before our season ended. Can’t wait to get it back out for 6 or 7 rounds in Arizona for our boys golf trip Super Bowl weekend.
Got it in hand and used it yesterday. Granted, the greens were half frozen over but I enjoyed it nonetheless :LOL:

I have been working on my putting stroke. I have never had any hinge on the putter which made me struggle on longer putts to reach the hole with any sort of accuracy. I am trying to correct that now with a small hinge. It feels much better but is of course taking some getting used to as any change will. Shorter putts were a huge change as I always struggle with shorter strokes/swings anyway. I am getting better at it though and controlling the speed much better. I should be able to shave some strokes this year by just making a smoother more controlled putting stroke.

Reactions: KEV
Had my hip replaced in November so I've been doing A LOT of putting. Really looking forward to feeling 100% and getting some full swings in. But I know for a fact my putting stroke has benefitted drastically from the last two months.

I was working on some more putting technique yesterday on my indoor mat when toying around with the mystery test ball. I switched to a claw grip about 2 years ago but was playing around with other grips to see if I could find something else that felt better with my putting stroke change. While it still feels a bit weird to grip it differently, I am finding the reverse overlap to suit me pretty well right now. Looking forward to practicing that a bit outdoors at the practice facility at the club later today.

I broke down and set up a putter fitting with Club Champion for February 6th. I'm not sure if the new and fun stuff will be available to try yet or if I'll even buy anything but it will be nice to figure out exactly what I should be using.

My CC has all the new drivers already so hopefully they'll have at least some of the options. It's a good experience though, I learned a ton from my fitting.

Reactions: KEV
Picked this 3SJ up this afternoon while I was at Bettinardi. It was bent to fix my putters specs from a couple of months ago while I was at Bettinardi. It will be in the rotation come spring. :cool:

20210128_201614.jpg

20210128_194447.jpg

really like how that back flange looks

I do believe this is about the time of year where I start to ponder a mallet and @Jman gets mad at me.
Hi, I’m James and I use a mallet/mid-mallet.

I had some stuff in the bag today...

131AF8A9-5D4F-4B9E-93D4-4942E30CFA27.jpeg

It cuts deep.

As someone who babies putters, who gets devastated at a small mark. I cannot imagine the torture that putter endured, or the monster that would cause such destruction to something so pure and beautiful

Back