Putting rocks! I had a focused training session where I got out the mirror, worked in alignment, and used a gate. And I had a session after a crap meeting where I just rolled putts from 7 feet.

Reactions: KEV
And it makes no sense as I putt much better with a mallet and this beauty just arrived!!
20210301_142529.jpg20210301_142752.jpg20210301_142758.jpg20210301_142804.jpg20210301_142818.jpg

You are the first person to say that, going against the Rat crew.

I have long neck options, too.
It started because i came across a vintage 3 iron made by Toney Penna and some of his stuff just seems to be works of art to me. I saw this old putter of his and it was the right price to get added to the collection..
Screenshot_20210302-224122_Chrome.jpg

I used the SuperRat today.

It was KINDA lights out. I'm not locked for the year by any means, but considering it hasn't been in the bag since the middle of last year, it's making one heck of an argument for some extended time in there. My goodness.

Reactions: KEV
been screwing around with too many putters last few months. been fun but putting has suffered.

Going to lock in on either the SL black one or SWAG handsome one by the end of the week and leave it in the bag for the foreseeable future.

I used the SuperRat today.

It was KINDA lights out. I'm not locked for the year by any means, but considering it hasn't been in the bag since the middle of last year, it's making one heck of an argument for some extended time in there. My goodness.
Kinda lights out.... so what? 24 putts?

I have been armlocking with a 2020 Bettinardi Studio Stock 28. I had read online that fitting is crucial for arm locks and they were right. The stock version was not right at all. It has a double bend shaft so I was able to use some redneck engineering and my plush rug at home and get it right. I put my feet on both sides of the head to hold it steady and leveraged the shaft in the direction it needed to go. After 5 attempts and several putting sessions I have got it right. I rolled some putts in yesterday. I am really hoping Cobra offers the Dufner mallet in an armlock setup.

Saw this and thought of all the putters it could be making lol

I've installed a handful of CT Tour shafts in putters these last 10 days including a couple black and brushed chrome ones. I've discovered that I like the alternate finishes more than the traditional chrome so I decided to take a marroon Scotchbrite to one of the chrome ones and create my own satin finish. It took less than 5 minutes and I really love the way it turned out so I'll be doing this to all of my chrome putter shafts. It the middle shaft in the putting green photo and the chrome one to the right of it is the exact same shaft before I hit it with the 3M 7447 pad.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.27.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.27.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.29.29 AM.png

I've installed a handful of CT Tour shafts in putters these last 10 days including a couple black and brushed chrome ones. I've discovered that I like the alternate finishes more than the traditional chrome so I decided to take a marroon Scotchbrite to one of the chrome ones and create my own satin finish. It took less than 5 minutes and I really love the way it turned out so I'll be doing this to all of my chrome putter shafts. It the middle shaft in the putting green photo and the chrome one to the right of it is the exact same shaft before I hit it with the 3M 7447 pad.

View attachment 8997441View attachment 8997442View attachment 8997443
Ah that magic of ScotchBrite!

Spent every bit of three hours in the basement last night hanging out with @AMart rolling putts.

At the start I was very sure the Super Rat was the option. Then I moved the 15 gram weights into the Button Back and suddenly it was a monster. I think I need to get a second set of 15's to get into a pair in each to go pure head to head.

I want to go back to crazy good putting this year. I think it's time to full commit to one head by April and stick it for the year.

I think ive finally been truthful with myself that blade putters just aren't for me. I'll have some hot rounds with a blade or even mid-blade and convince myself it works for me. But time and time again it all goes to hell rather quickly.

I bought a scotty phantom x5 and Bettinardi inovai 6.0 late last year and its made a world of difference. Even on my putting green at home the forgiveness and confidence are at all time highs.

I love the look of a blade and there are so many boutique/niche companies out there that really draw my eye....but performance needs to be what I focus on this year, not looks. Anything "7" mallet shaped wise will get a try this year

I think I have decided to stick with a putter that I have already for the year. For better or for worse.. Its a big fat potato mashing monster mallet. But, whatever.. lol

Spent every bit of three hours in the basement last night hanging out with @AMart rolling putts.

At the start I was very sure the Super Rat was the option. Then I moved the 15 gram weights into the Button Back and suddenly it was a monster. I think I need to get a second set of 15's to get into a pair in each to go pure head to head.

I want to go back to crazy good putting this year. I think it's time to full commit to one head by April and stick it for the year.
So what your saying is you like a putter with a little bit of weight to it? Might I suggest a small mallet or a double wide blade? :ROFLMAO:

Back