SeeMore Golf

93civiccpe

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm still hitting putts between meetings every day and the results are showing on the course.

JonD

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just an abysmal day putting for me this weekend. My head wasn't really in it, but speed control has suffered for me the last couple times out. I've got a slightly larger grip lined up for install this week, but also going to try and take advantage of the weather and get out to the practice green some more.

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am pretty sure I lipped 12 putts on Sunday.

...and people wonder why I ponder putters :ROFLMAO:
That seems to be the struggle with the Rat correct?

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm seeing some great results related to choosing the smallest target I can see...

I'm not trying to hit the hole - I'm trying to hit that little blade of grass that's hanging down on the right center of the back of the cup, or that discolored spot on the flagstick.

If I'm too far away to see that much detail, then I am trying to hit the stick itself, or the right side of it, or left, etc.

I'm making more putts, and my lag putting is much improved. Misses tend to be within kick-in range.

Duffer Seamus

C'mon ball, do your thing
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I'm seeing some great results related to choosing the smallest target I can see...
One of the more economical training aids I've acquired was this:

In a way, it's better than my PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer. The POPPT has one very narrow metric for what constitutes a "good" putt, and I find that verkakte thing nearly impossible to hit with any consistency. (Though it's incredibly gratifying when you do :).) Conversely, it'll catch and return putts I'm almost certain would lip out IRL. The SKILZ thing, OTOH, will reject anything that isn't w/in the "front" one-quarter or so of the "cup" and, if you get it in there, it's in there.

GoldenBuff

Passion driven
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
My 5 putter collection is down to 2, and the remaining ones are likely to move on as well. They are both sort of in the collectibles realm but also, as I am learning, not the best fit. I may put those on the move out block too.

~ blank slate. My first putter acquisition effort of the year was a fail so far. haha. Sheesh. But maybe it was a good thing. I have a couple of other ponders I would like to explore. I think my goal is to have 2 putters for the season, one the gamer and one for backup when I feel a need to mix it up. I like this exploration phase but will need to move fast so I can start to adjust. For me moving to a new putter is not a quick process. I need to time and lots of rolls to build up confidence.

Reaction score
Handicap
One of the more economical training aids I've acquired was this:

In a way, it's better than my PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer. The POPPT has one very narrow metric for what constitutes a "good" putt, and I find that verkakte thing nearly impossible to hit with any consistency. (Though it's incredibly gratifying when you do :).) Conversely, it'll catch and return putts I'm almost certain would lip out IRL. The SKILZ thing, OTOH, will reject anything that isn't w/in the "front" one-quarter or so of the "cup" and, if you get it in there, it's in there.
Yeah, I have a little putting carpet and target that I use here in the basement while I'm on endless soul sucking conference calls, and I always use the smaller of the two target holes that came with it.

I find the same logic is helpful for me on all shots: aim small, miss small.

Cinco

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.5 GHIN
Man, the putter is hurting me these days. I hit 15 GIRs today and 3 putt 9 holes! 45 putts today for an 87. I did have a quadruple bogey on one of my non GIRs, but the putts did diddley squat to help my score.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Installing this here in a few minutes for my round todayDCC2B081-0B96-4D33-99DE-63A100B7BCCD.jpeg42723C77-4719-45DD-AAF2-860AA96640BF.jpeg2243FDD9-1395-4339-8FE5-9E397CFD811C.jpeg

GoldenBuff

Passion driven
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I've figured out why I'm pushing so many putts, it looks like I'm not rocking my shoulders and using my arms to much. When I do that I open my arms up or turn them clockwise. I need to focus on rocking my shoulders I think and quiet the arms.

Putting is hard.:oops:

GoldenBuff

Passion driven
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
This is such a helpful video by Edel. I tried his assessment and made a grip change. I'm not instantly making putts, but the stroke is far more stable and consistent. I need to re-tune how I line up putts. Great stuff.

Hamfist

I fluff my gimmies.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
Since I bought my pop-in-law a sweet new putter for Christmas, am I allowed to swipe one of his older ones?

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since I bought my pop-in-law a sweet new putter for Christmas, am I allowed to swipe one of his older ones?
Two for testing purposes.

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Round grip is completely enamoring. This is surprisingly awesome so far.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was all over the hole last week, but the putts just wouldn’t fall. I gave the putter a thorough talking to and fully expect things to be different this week.

Hamfist

I fluff my gimmies.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
since I haven't rolled many putts in the past months, I can't gripe about my poor efforts with the stick. The feel just hasn't been there for a time. It used to be a strength of my game, now, it's shaky, and I don't like it. No sir, don't like it at all.

WICHITAREJECT

which ones are the senior tees?
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was all over the hole last week, but the putts just wouldn’t fall. I gave the putter a thorough talking to and fully expect things to be different this week.
Please let me know if this works! I have a putter to send to you for counseling..

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Club Champion fitting was enlightening. I’m turning the experience into an article, but it’ll not be so much about the fit. Surprise surprise, the two I brought in fit me extremely extremely well. My stroke does fit a mid-mallet best, and I need to be in the 30-45 toe hang range.

The V checks all those boxes. :ROFLMAO:

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s time to smash short putts with the TT Ten. I missed a shorty over the weekend that got in my head. Not happening again.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chicago is in the bag for tomorrows round.

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Dedicated to playing the cheapest putter I've picked up in the past two years for the foreseeable future.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in