I changed from the Toulon Atlanta to the TM TP Patina Ardmore 3 with the thicker PureRoll aluminum insert and I like it so much better.
Funny how we as golfers like one thing over another just by feel.
I’m not even just feel, they’re simply doing the same thing they’ve always done, but somehow get a pass. That used to be because of the Spider, but now someone is doing that shape better too.

I am so fond of saying I’ll keep it in the hole and hit it with pace. And then doing only one of those things :banghead:

Chicago was pretty good today. 2 birdie putts made, and 2 one putts for bogey to keep the score respectable.
Long putt of the day was about 30 feet slight downhill breaking left and drained it .

I've had a rough patch of putting the last two rounds with the Indy. I shortened and regripped my MFGP2 and my White Hot Pro Rossie and I'm going to see what one of those can do.

Also the guy I played my match against today was using a White Hot Pro 2 Ball and it kind of has me wanting to try a 2 Ball again.

I've been rolling some putts tonight and I keep thinking it might be an interesting experiment too try arm lock. I have the hardest time keeping my wrists quiet and I can't help but wonder what my result would be if I tried that style. I just wish we had a decent fitter here to help find a good setup.

I've been rolling some putts tonight and I keep thinking it might be an interesting experiment too try arm lock. I have the hardest time keeping my wrists quiet and I can't help but wonder what my result would be if I tried that style. I just wish we had a decent fitter here to help find a good setup.
E07DD505-3034-49C9-AA85-CD3E5D960C70.gif

Don't you have dogs to go tend to?!

Oh no, I’ll ditch em for a bit to discuss how your gonna be our Matt Kuchar of THP now.

Please.....tell me how you plan to attack this change.

Oh no, I’ll ditch em for a bit to discuss how your gonna be our Matt Kuchar of THP now.

Please.....tell me how you plan to attack this change.
I'm really not sure how to go about it. I could go with my normal Kevin strategy of buying blind and hoping for the best but the 75 or so putters I've gone through the last few years tells me that may not be the best bet.

I may go to our Austads store this week and see if they can help. I'm not really sold on their fitting abilities but it's my only real option here. I'm not even sure if they even have arm lock options to test. The closest Club Champion is about 3 hours away so maybe I could do that at some point.

I guess I'm not sure what to do. I hate spending a bunch of money on something so different but I'd really like to get more consistent at putting. Putting used to be a m strength but it's been pretty sketchy for awhile now.

I'm really not sure how to go about it. I could go with my normal Kevin strategy of buying blind and hoping for the best but the 75 or so putters I've gone through the last few years tells me that may not be the best bet.

I may go to our Austads store this week and see if they can help. I'm not really sold on their fitting abilities but it's my only real option here. I'm not even sure if they even have arm lock options to test. The closest Club Champion is about 3 hours away so maybe I could do that at some point.

I guess I'm not sure what to do. I hate spending a bunch of money on something so different but I'd really like to get more consistent at putting. Putting used to be a m strength but it's been pretty sketchy for awhile now.

I’m assuming you’ve attempted LHL & claw options already?

I’m assuming you’ve attempted LHL & claw options already?
Yep, I've done both. Claw I could just never get comfortable with and left hand low actually feels extremely comfortable and most natural to me but I still struggle. I just can't keep my wrists from moving and my hands opening up.

Yep, I've done both. Claw I could just never get comfortable with and left hand low actually feels extremely comfortable and most natural to me but I still struggle. I just can't keep my wrists from moving and my hands opening up.

You know I’m I big believer of LHL now. I really think it works if you can get comfortable w/ the feeling of it. The COVID time out let me commit to it which was a blessing. Either way, I think you need to commit to one in the end!

Reactions: KEV
What grip you using? Have you tried a Tour SNSR grip?

What grip you using? Have you tried a Tour SNSR grip?
I've been using the Lamkin Deep Etched. I actually just put a Tour SNSR on my SeeMore last night and I think I'll be putting that back in the bag for my next round. I maybe should have put a little extra weight in the grip side but didn't think of it until this morning :banghead:.

I've been using the Lamkin Deep Etched. I actually just put a Tour SNSR on my SeeMore last night and I think I'll be putting that back in the bag for my next round. I maybe should have put a little extra weight in the grip side but didn't think of it until this morning :banghead:.
The Tour SNSR really helped my quite my wrists and keep me stable. Hope it helps.

Reactions: KEV
Really struggling with putting. I'm averaging 37-40 putts per round. 4-6 3-putts per round.

Today, scored 85 with 38 putts. Missed 3 6-8 footers for birdie. One of those actually became a 3 putt.

Yesterday scored 84 with 40 putts! Had 10 GIRs. I stand over a 6 foot putt and talk myself out of it: the lie, the speed.

Have no idea how to fix this. Took a lesson which didn't help that much.

Really struggling with putting. I'm averaging 37-40 putts per round. 4-6 3-putts per round.

Today, scored 85 with 38 putts. Missed 3 6-8 footers for birdie. One of those actually became a 3 putt.

Yesterday scored 84 with 40 putts! Had 10 GIRs. I stand over a 6 foot putt and talk myself out of it: the lie, the speed.

Have no idea how to fix this. Took a lesson which didn't help that much.
I would do some clock drill work. 3/6/9/12 o'clock around the hole and 3 ball each from those distances. Start at 3 and go around the hole. Don't move a position until you can make all 3 putts from that clock and distance. Try to make at last one of those positions flat/straight and start there.
When you get to the 6 and 9 footers you need to make at least two of them before you move positions.

Thanks! Will try. God knows practicing putting on my putting mat at home isn't doing the trick, although i am starting the ball on line better now.

Had a brutal day reading greens today. I was hitting putts on line, but they were not going in. Has me thinking I need a Golf Logix book for my course...

Thanks! Will try. God knows practicing putting on my putting mat at home isn't doing the trick, although i am starting the ball on line better now.
I think the putting mat works for some things but just can't recreate real green grass conditions.
Let us know how it goes.

Had a brutal day reading greens today. I was hitting putts on line, but they were not going in. Has me thinking I need a Golf Logix book for my course...
Sometimes those days happen. A lot of times if I am burning edges and putts not falling its because the speed it taking it thru the break on the high side of cup. To slow and it falls below the cup. You have to recognize that and adjust.
Where you leaving putts short or long past the whole.

Sometimes those days happen. A lot of times if I am burning edges and putts not falling its because the speed it taking it thru the break on the high side of cup. To slow and it falls below the cup. You have to recognize that and adjust.
Where you leaving putts short or long past the whole.
On these where I was rolling it well, but missing, I was leaving it past the hole. So frustrating!

How do you read your greens? What's the strategy?

On these where I was rolling it well, but missing, I was leaving it past the hole. So frustrating!
Sounds like maybe to much speed thru the break.
Could have just been one of those days.

How do you read your greens? What's the strategy?
Usually read from behind the ball and then take a look from the other side of the hole. Sometimes set up and look at my line if I’m still not sure.

Back