Most of my egregious misses are from speed and not the break. I have plenty of those as well, just to be transparent.

I left some shots out there last night in my league. The greens were slow and it took me time to get used to them. There were 50+ people on the small practice green so I didn't hit any warmup putts before the round and it cost me. Not going to do that again!!

On a putter with adjustable heel/toe weighting. Anyone ever put different weights in the heel vs toe?

Several folks have.

I have done it with two Odyssey putters and one Mizuno putter.

The Odyssey putters were face balanced 7 and 10. Swapped out 15g weights for 30g in toe and 5g in heel. I liked the results. Just a bit of toe flow added.

I put the heavy weight in the toe of my Mizuno VI but didn't notice as much difference there. Ended up ordering a IV to replace it.

Most of my egregious misses are from speed and not the break. I have plenty of those as well, just to be transparent.
I hear ya... I'm prone to hitting longer uphill putts really soft and leaving 30-40% to go. Then I also blast shortish 6 footers 4-5 feet past all the time. Thinking "hit it firm" and making perfect contact and watch the ball just jump off the face.

Both are really frustrating...

On a putter with adjustable heel/toe weighting. Anyone ever put different weights in the heel vs toe?

I have played with that with my m-craft putter because I could. Thanks for including a great weight kit Mizuno! Only reason I would do it is if I felt it helped me square the face or somehow simply felt better in terms of balance in the hands. In my testing, keeping same weights heel and toe with my IV worked best for me.

I busted out the Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie for league tonight and had some pretty good results. I had one miss on a 4 footer that I should have made but otherwise it was on point. I forgot how good that insert feels.

I busted out the Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie for league tonight and had some pretty good results. I had one miss on a 4 footer that I should have made but otherwise it was on point. I forgot how good that insert feels.

Snow melted yet?

• Sad
Reactions: KEV
White Hot 2-Ball Ten

Finally taking the overweight long Island out to the course this afternoon, weather pending.

Got to at least try it once before the cobra vintage shows up this weekend.

Finally taking the overweight long Island out to the course this afternoon, weather pending.

Got to at least try it once before the cobra vintage shows up this weekend.
It did not go well. Way too much weight in the head at current length.

Has Dan purchased a mallet yet?? Or still talking about it?

First personal build.

Kronos release putter head hand torched.

kBS one step matte putter shaft.

Golf pride pro only green star grip.

This shaft immediately has a different feel to it.B4612A22-774C-414A-B856-5BB8B55939B1.jpeg

I think I'm gonna book myself for one of them putter fitting thingys. What was always considered one of my strengths just feels like I have no feel right now. I either leave it 6 or less inches short or blow it 3 feet past. I don't know if I'm missing the sweet spot (I suspect I am) or what the issue is, but it's frustrating. A lot of pars easily turned into bogies this weekend.

I think I'm gonna book myself for one of them putter fitting thingys. What was always considered one of my strengths just feels like I have no feel right now. I either leave it 6 or less inches short or blow it 3 feet past. I don't know if I'm missing the sweet spot (I suspect I am) or what the issue is, but it's frustrating. A lot of pars easily turned into bogies this weekend.
when you figure out to consistently hit the sweet spot, let me know. My speed control is awful because of the off center hits.

when you figure out to consistently hit the sweet spot, let me know. My speed control is awful because of the off center hits.

Cheesy name aside I keep one of these in the basement near my putting mat. Pretty obvious if you're off center.

Cheesy name aside I keep one of these in the basement near my putting mat. Pretty obvious if you're off center.

Thanks but knowing I missed the center is not the problem. Fixing same is.

Just added 80g of weight to my putter head (lol) to see if I can weigh it down and put a more consistent stroke on it. Here's to testing and experimentation since I have a major issue with pace control.

Thanks but knowing I missed the center is not the problem. Fixing same is.

Fair enough. I found practicing with them was a good way to get more consistent center contact, but everyone is different.

I have been an atrocious putter but I am getting better.

However I miss way too many 5 feet and in putts. Not sure if it’s yips or just afraid of leaving myself something too far past the hole, but it has ruined my scoring this year.

I think the cobra vintage really needs a black shaft.

Is this the time to swing for the fences with a KBS one step or kinetixx tuned? πŸ€”

I was in a Play It Again Sports store today and saw this putter in the bin for $10. I know it looks peculiar but I just loved the way I putted with it. It felt very stable and kinda reminded me of a LAB putter. Anyone ever here of this putter before? I would like to clean it up as well but have never done any refinishing any tips would be appreciated! IMG_0521.jpgIMG_0522.jpgIMG_0523.jpg

I think the cobra vintage really needs a black shaft.

Is this the time to swing for the fences with a KBS one step or kinetixx tuned? πŸ€”
If you're going to go all in, go all in!

Back