I would like to clean it up as well but have never done any refinishing any tips would be appreciated!
I’m currently going down this path with my first putter, a no name hand-me down. One of the keys will be to research what the material of the putter is. Some of the folks out there won’t work with a metal they are unsure of what it is. Rightfully so as they can’t then guarantee how the finish will look and/or hold up.

Some folks refinish in cerakote, which is a thin but strong finish akin to powder coating to my understanding. These can come in just about any color to your hearts desire. I’m currently pondering a metallic purple or blue at the moment. If you want any names of folks to go this route let me know.

Best of luck and share photos when done!

Chicago continues to shine, while it was 34 putts today the lag putting was spot on considering my proximity to the hole.

My LAB Golf DF 2.1 finally arrived and I've been putting lights out on a 9' putting mat in the basement.
Tomorrow I'll be taking her to the practice green to see how she preforms on grass in the real world.
Depending how she goes she may be on the golf course Monday or Tuesday.
I'm expecting a lot of laughs and ribbing the first time out... hopefully I'll have the last laugh.

I was in a Play It Again Sports store today and saw this putter in the bin for $10. I know it looks peculiar but I just loved the way I putted with it. It felt very stable and kinda reminded me of a LAB putter. Anyone ever here of this putter before? I would like to clean it up as well but have never done any refinishing any tips would be appreciated! View attachment 9010202View attachment 9010203View attachment 9010204
We had one of those in our garage for years! My grandfather was a buyer of many unique clubs. If I recall my dad also used this putter for a stretch.

Second best putting day ever (by total putts)! 27 with the TT Ten, following last Sunday’s performance of 29 putts. Made one chutt from 30ish feet. Only one three putt in my last four rounds and feeling confident!

This is....well....terrible. So so so so bad.

4B5476AB-7E9C-42B7-A2ED-80DBA8398F3A.png

Just had a putting lesson. My putting has improved, but I expected a long list of things I was doing wrong. I was surprised. Setup is good. Body is stable through stroke. We made a minor grip adjustment and subtly changed my release. Those two small changes have me hitting center better on longer putts where I have had struggles with distance control and keep me more consistent on shorter putts. Good stuff.

Club Champion putter fitting has been a game changer for me and I absolutely LOVE it.

Got back into the mallet game on Friday when I picked up a used Ping Sigma G Tyne. Went to GG to do my usual walk-around, and saw this. Rolled some really solid putts with it, and my friend who was with me at the time was urging me to buy it after I sank a 20+ footer. So, I did. Played it Sunday and Monday, and made one 20+ footer with it. Made some other nice rolls, missed a few short and long, due just because it's so different than the Odyssey #9 I've been using for a few seasons. Need to get some serious practice time in with it, which is on the schedule for after work this week.

Worst case scenario, if I end up hating it, the #9 is still in the basement, and I can probably sell it for almost what I paid for it.

Right now, though, I'm liking the weight and face-balance. The feel during the stroke is much more stable.

Just had a putting lesson. My putting has improved, but I expected a long list of things I was doing wrong. I was surprised. Setup is good. Body is stable through stroke. We made a minor grip adjustment and subtly changed my release. Those two small changes have me hitting center better on longer putts where I have had struggles with distance control and keep me more consistent on shorter putts. Good stuff.

Implementing small putting changes: hard. The release change requires adjusting my eyes to seeing lines differently. I need to aim a bit to the left from where I was previously. This absolutely destroyed my putting in league last night. 😬 I didn't know where to aim. I think the main point here is that changes take time to work in, and never take a lesson on a competition day. :cool: Will get out and work some drills today with a mirror and other props.

@Canadan are you seeing this stuff Ody is putting out????

I had to go look at the cover coming with my new Armlock I just ordered, you were scaring me. This one not bad.
54CD0FD7-207D-4B70-8D54-49E469100D52.png

Implementing small putting changes: hard. The release change requires adjusting my eyes to seeing lines differently. I need to aim a bit to the left from where I was previously. This absolutely destroyed my putting in league last night. 😬 I didn't know where to aim. I think the main point here is that changes take time to work in, and never take a lesson on a competition day. :cool: Will get out and work some drills today with a mirror and other props.
Good luck with the changes. It’s easy to lose the feel of the stroke/distance while working on several other aspects. I have to always remind myself to make certain my grip is light and I can feel the weight of the putter head as it strokes through the ball. I want to feel as though I’m smoothly “rolling” the ball on and to the target line.

I was talking their “special” releases in particular, they’re extremely not good :sick:
It's amazing how bad they are. They have turned in to the Nike of putter cover design.

I was talking their “special” releases in particular, they’re extremely not good :sick:

Their older line of cheap(er than custom) aftermarket covers were so much better than the newer stuff. I still have a bomber mallet and no 3 jacks blade cover.

Last edited:
Back