I think I’m going back to the claw full time

oh I wanted the Austin to win. It’s my favorite design, and I looooove milled. It just got beat.

We totally need to play!
agreed! July is pretty open for me. Let me know if a weekend looks good.

Nothing to do but laugh. League round tonight: Started and ended with stupid putting even for me. Putting in-between was so-so.

#10. 3-putt from 4 feet (bogey)
#18 3-putt from 3 feet (bogey)

Typical ball striking of late. 6/9 GIR. The 3 greens I missed were a few feet off, all just a hair long from playing an aggressive line. +4.

I need to start over with putting. I have no answers.

Nothing to do but laugh. League round tonight: Started and ended with stupid putting even for me. Putting in-between was so-so.

#10. 3-putt from 4 feet (bogey)
#18 3-putt from 3 feet (bogey)

Typical ball striking of late. 6/9 GIR. The 3 greens I missed were a few feet off, all just a hair long from playing an aggressive line. +4.

I need to start over with putting. I have no answers.
You still only playing league and on your break from rounds for yourself?

Mostly yes. I played a pro-am Monday.

I’ll figure out putting one of these days. My attitude is back on track and very relaxed with ball striking. I just need to relax putting and build confidence.
This is everything! Putting will come along now that you're back to enjoying the game!

Trying to reprogram my putting brain. Watched bunches of videos by Faxon, Orr, and Edel. I have gotten too mechanical in how I putt.

I also have a bunch of trade-in club credit. It is likely a matter of time before I buy a couple more putters. Probably a bad idea, but I do love putters. :love:

Well the great arm lock experiment is off and running!

I've had it out for a short price session, a scramble yesterday and team match play tonight.

My initial impression was how the heck do you grip this thing comfortably?! I think I've settled in with a combination of a traditional/prayer grip which seems to be most comfortable so far.

Getting comfortable with such an extreme amount of forward press has taken some getting used to. I think I'm finally getting there but it will take some time to get a consistent setup every time.

My miss with normal putters had been a push and miss on the right side of the hole. That seems to be gone and I'm now seeing a left miss. I think on those misses I tend to pull my shoulders instead of rock them.

Overall the biggest challenge has been distance control where I've left a lot of putts short. For some reason I feel like I'm going to hammer the ball past the hole so I over compensate. I started getting better toward the end of tonight round so there is progress.

Tonight I made a couple of really nice putts that I'm pretty confident I would have missed with my last putters. One was a 10 footer with a little right to left break for par that halved the hole. The other was about a 12 footer with the dreaded left to right break and it broke a good 6 inches. I was able to trickle it right in for par and again halve the hole.

The real test will be those 3-4 footers that I haven't really faced yet. That was my biggest and most frustrating issue over the last couple of years and really what drove me to this experiment. I haven't really had many yet so the jury is it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I've seen and I'm super excited about the possibility of this legitimately making a big impact on my putting.

Played around with a white hot og 7 at the shop and made every. Single. Putt. 5-10ft. Is this a sign? Fwiw, I tried a few others and only made 1-2 with each....

Last edited:
Played around with a white hot og 7 at the shop and made every. Single. Putt. 5-10ft. Is this a sign? Fwiw, I tried a few others and only made 1-2 with each....
do it!

That sounds like it was meant to be.

Last round:

5 one putts 🔥
7 two putts :)
6 three putts :eek:

Read the green well and made some longer one putts. Then completely misread the green which lead to 6 3 putts. What the heck!?!?

I was in a Play It Again Sports store today and saw this putter in the bin for $10. I know it looks peculiar but I just loved the way I putted with it. It felt very stable and kinda reminded me of a LAB putter. Anyone ever here of this putter before? I would like to clean it up as well but have never done any refinishing any tips would be appreciated! View attachment 9010202View attachment 9010203View attachment 9010204

My best friend has been gaming this putter for over 7 years. I can’t wait to show him this lol.

Last night the single line Ten was the best club in my bag. The course has quick greens with a lot of curves and it was my best putting night in recent memory

Traveling as of tomorrow, and while in an area with ample golf retail, I will search for a 2nd putter. The m-craft IV is solid, and my putting is improving. Yes, I still do the craziest things like a 4-putt double bogey last night, but the overall trend is positive. My distance control/lag putting is starting to dial in, and I am making a lot more putts in the 3-10 foot range. I want one other option that I can bring in at times when the confidence needs a boost or I just want to mix it up.

In my putter search, I am looking for either a mallet or perhaps an armlock option (again). I might do a fitting, although it will likely be whatever that means at something like a PGATSS.

At DSG this morning took a look at the putters and nothing piqued my interest enough to even try out. Either I was bummed by the selection or I'm happy with my putters.

This might just be the best head cover I’ve ever seen. I’m almost tempted to go and buy a mallet just so I can use this FREAKING AWESOME head cover!

League last night and the Chicago performed flawlessly!!! Dropped birdie putts from 28, 22 and 14 feet. Burned the edge on 2 others.
No need at all for another putter for me, my Las Vegas is going to have a long summer cooped up in the house.

Last edited:
16257838021194897841182110045741.jpg

This beauty came in today

16257838834605447485672803563230.jpg

I was going to get a putter fitting. But now I think my first full fitting experience will be for irons.
I’m putting too well with the Hogan mallet.

I think….I think I like blades now. 😳

dilemma.

Last three rounds have been best rounds in >12 months. But I don't feel like I'm putting well.

Do I change something with the (fairly new) putter, or suck it up cause overall the game in as good of place as it has been? :unsure:

Back