Rapid fire....

better insert: Microhinge Star or SIK.

Ready Go!

Haven't rolled a Sik, don't even believe I've seen one in person.

Microhinge Star v. White Hot OG - went back and forth and finally went with Microhinge Star. Liked the roll and firmer feel.

IOW, I've got nothing.o_O

Last edited:
Got in 4 holes on an executive course yesterday...

1st hole, chipped to the edge of the green leaving a longish putt. Sank the putt for par!
2nd hole, normal middle of the green and two putt for par.
3rd hole par 4 with giant oak tree in the fairway. Tried to punch under the tree and just no. 95 out, shot was pin high but far right. Buried a very long putt to save par!
4th hole, two tier green with a swale in between. Flag on back tier, ended up in the swale. Long up hill bender for birdie!!

Then saw a very bright, very close, lighting strike from the gathering dark clouds. Lucky streak was obviously ended, so raced back home before the rain.

Fun putting day!

Does anyone putt better with a slight toe up on their putter? I'm gaming a fang style and when I have it just a smidge toe-up, I seem to putt a bit better. Might have been just that day, but thought I'd ask.

Does anyone putt better with a slight toe up on their putter? I'm gaming a fang style and when I have it just a smidge toe-up, I seem to putt a bit better. Might have been just that day, but thought I'd ask.
I think a lot of people putt like that unintentionally, but I would focus more on what your body/hands are doing to get in that position, which may be the bigger story. Basically, you get the putter bent flat a bit and get your hands back in that position, you might see even more success.

Most 'flaw functional' putters I know are more toe down for success (Stricker is a nice example of that).

I think a lot of people putt like that unintentionally, but I would focus more on what your body/hands are doing to get in that position, which may be the bigger story. Basically, you get the putter bent flat a bit and get your hands back in that position, you might see even more success.

Most 'flaw functional' putters I know are more toe down for success (Stricker is a nice example of that).
Backstory, was in GG for s**ts-n-giggles one day, and just picked this thing up and was rolling some really nice putts. My friend (DucatiGirl) was with me, and said I had the toe way up, so I messed about for a second getting the toe down, and was rolling it really well. I had the guy come over and bent it a bit flatter once I had committed to getting it. All good. Rolled it for a couple rounds, and took it back to have the shaft cut down. After the chop and new grip, I was rolling it well, but the toe still felt a bit up to me. Spoke to one of the guys there, who brought the elder statesman in, who showed me that I wasn't setting up with it directly under my eyeballs. when I did, it dropped right to the flat position.

I've been rolling it, with some good days, some bad, and feel like I'm still setting up with it correctly, but, it feels just a teeny bit more comfy out from straight down from my eye position. Hence the question.

I think the SIK armlock is going back in the bag for my next round. I'm going to toy around with a couple things on lag putts to see if that helps because my short putting results are too good to bench this completely.

I think the SIK armlock is going back in the bag for my next round. I'm going to toy around with a couple things on lag putts to see if that helps because my short putting results are too good to bench this completely.
Tough to get the speeds down with it?

Tough to get the speeds down with it?
Yeah, I just can't get that figured out. For the most part it's been ok but I'll leave some putts ridiculously short. Not being able to use my wrists to help give that little extra oomph seems to be tough to adjust to.

I think on those long ones I'm not going to lock it against my forearm and instead try a more traditional putting style and see how that goes.

Had 39 putts in my round this morning and wanted to vomit. Went inside and had lunch then back to the putting green for over an hour. 😳

Worked on quite a bit of stuff and didn’t leave till I made 20 6 footers in a row. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Been really really well with the Chicago since putting it back in the bag. Last 8 rounds putt counts: 30, 30, 34, 30, 30, 28, 27, 30

Backstory, was in GG for s**ts-n-giggles one day, and just picked this thing up and was rolling some really nice putts. My friend (DucatiGirl) was with me, and said I had the toe way up, so I messed about for a second getting the toe down, and was rolling it really well. I had the guy come over and bent it a bit flatter once I had committed to getting it. All good. Rolled it for a couple rounds, and took it back to have the shaft cut down. After the chop and new grip, I was rolling it well, but the toe still felt a bit up to me. Spoke to one of the guys there, who brought the elder statesman in, who showed me that I wasn't setting up with it directly under my eyeballs. when I did, it dropped right to the flat position.

I've been rolling it, with some good days, some bad, and feel like I'm still setting up with it correctly, but, it feels just a teeny bit more comfy out from straight down from my eye position. Hence the question.

As to eyes and ball, the recent trend I've seen for over 10 years now is eyes just inside and back of ball.

In the 90's with Pelz, it was eyes over ball.... not any more for the most part except for people still repeating Pelz. But do what works for you. I don't know why they say eyes just inside ball - I'm sure it's physics or something.

Last edited:
Toulon Chicago is still performing at the highest level for me. Puts a great roll on the ball.

I put the arm lock back in the bag the other night and tried a different strategy on lag putts and saw immediate improvement. Actually the first putt I had was a 25 footer that I drained for birdie! Let's hope I figured out the key to it.

I used one of my favorite putters today... My Button Back Tour Swan neck.
Didn't make all that much, but had a lot of REALLY good putts that just didn't fall.

Tomorrow is back to the blade alternative for a look, and then we'll make a full decision on the remainder of the season.

Not a bad day with the Chicago. 33 putts with 2 birdies. Other than the 2 birdies, my proximity to the hole wasn't great but my lag putting was on point, don't think I had a second putt all day over 2 feet.

This has been on my pondering mind for several days now. I really like the quality and looks of the new Special Select series. I've always gone with the Newport 2.5 but I'm liking the way the 2 feels and rolls in this series. Feels much softer than the previous series and has a great sound. Hmmm ...

IMG_2153.jpeg

Rapid fire....

better insert: Microhinge Star or SIK.

Ready Go!
SIK for me…though ON an actual SIK it’s not an insert.

This has been on my pondering mind for several days now. I really like the quality and looks of the new Special Select series. I've always gone with the Newport 2.5 but I'm liking the way the 2 feels and rolls in this series. Feels much softer than the previous series and has a great sound. Hmmm ...

View attachment 9027259
what is holding you back?

what is holding you back?
Heh ... I'm famous (or infamous) in my family for mulling things over until every little aspect has been thoroughly reviewed, thought through, tested, etc., etc. Plus, I've owned and discarded so many Scotty's it's ridiculous. But, THIS one is different! ;) No, really, it is ...

Heh ... I'm famous (or infamous) in my family for mulling things over until every little aspect has been thoroughly reviewed, thought through, tested, etc., etc. Plus, I've owned and discarded so many Scotty's it's ridiculous. But, THIS one is different! ;) No, really, it is ...
I'd say, just to be sure, you should buy at least a couple to compare.

Back