I am thinking I like toe hang. Like all of it..

Picked up a couple out of the used section that were too cheap to pass up. The Scotty feels really nice.
9A150F8A-5818-4573-8B1B-E1C8C023762C.jpeg

Reactions: KEV
So I’ve tried it in the past and had some benefit but ultimately went away from it to get back into some sense of consistency.

Has anyone changed to a left hand low grip and see success? I feel like I put a really good roll on the ball with it. But struggled with distance control. Probably because it was so new to me.

I feel like it would be a good winter project.

So I’ve tried it in the past and had some benefit but ultimately went away from it to get back into some sense of consistency.

Has anyone changed to a left hand low grip and see success? I feel like I put a really good roll on the ball with it. But struggled with distance control. Probably because it was so new to me.

I feel like it would be a good winter project.
It’s good for a lot of people. I’ve moved a couple of my HS kids to it, long putts take the most practice acclimating.

It’s good for a lot of people. I’ve moved a couple of my HS kids to it, long putts take the most practice acclimating.
It seemed like the roll improvement was significant enough to come back to it. I honestly kind of forgot about it. But watching Spieth so much this weekend has kind is bright it back to me.

As with anything it’s probably not a one size fits all approach. But I could use a shake up on the greens.

blade alternative was pretty awful today. Not great. Our greens slowed down quite a bit over the last couple weeks with the cooler temps and rain we've got...

Switched back to the OG at the turn and started putting a LOT better. Damnit.

Is it I, or do all face-balanced putters feel alike?

My 1978 Ram Zebra has had more grips than Mickey Rooney had wives,
but I can't find a reason to retire it.

Is it I, or do all face-balanced putters feel alike?

My 1978 Ram Zebra has had more grips than Mickey Rooney had wives,
but I can't find a reason to retire it.
That’s an interesting question. I’ve got 3 they are all very different OG ROSsieblack insert) 7s with stroke lab, machine no insert 90+ face balanced long neck.

right now the machine is awesome, in July it was the 7s. Ask that time practicing in the basement with the rossie. Same basic stroke but to me all feel different

That’s an interesting question. I’ve got 3 they are all very different OG ROSsieblack insert) 7s with stroke lab, machine no insert 90+ face balanced long neck.

right now the machine is awesome, in July it was the 7s. Ask that time practicing in the basement with the rossie. Same basic stroke but to me all feel different

I guess that I haven't tried that many, and they've all been single bend or straight, shaft aligned mallets.
My 43 year old Zebra cost $75 in 1978, nobody offering it under MSRP in those days of pro shop sales.
It was even $75 on Edwin Watts.
That was huge bucks for a putter back then, but at the time, there was nothing like it.

I guess that I haven't tried that many, and they've all been single bend or straight, shaft aligned mallets.
My 43 year old Zebra cost $75 in 1978, nobody offering it under MSRP in those days of pro shop sales.
It was even $75 on Edwin Watts.
That was huge bucks for a putter back then, but at the time, there was nothing like it.
No question, you’re right that was a lot of cash then. But to tour point, so many variables, material, shaft (both type and material) howl hosel style, insert.

all that said it seems kinda of logical that a similar stroke would feel short of similar. I thought that was your point/question. Since i actually practice with the 3 i noted above, I’m inclined to agree somewhat in the feelof face balanced putters.

Dan. Glad and sorry to hear that. I really hit 75-100 putts almost daily on putting accelerator tool 3-5-7 ft. I’d say 5 days a week. Takes about 7 minutes. I rotate the putters i use. But they all work and my putting is MUCH better. The only thing that has blown it up is grossly inconsistent or really slow greens. Friday several 3 putts, on par 3 track, greens needed mowing. Saturday 2 3 putts and 6-7 1 putts on great greens. Rotate them in practice man, so that you can succeed with any of them!

Dan. Glad and sorry to hear that. I really hit 75-100 putts almost daily on putting accelerator tool 3-5-7 ft. I’d say 5 days a week. Takes about 7 minutes. I rotate the putters i use. But they all work and my putting is MUCH better. The only thing that has blown it up is grossly inconsistent or really slow greens. Friday several 3 putts, on par 3 track, greens needed mowing. Saturday 2 3 putts and 6-7 1 putts on great greens. Rotate them in practice man, so that you can succeed with any of them!
I think it's really challenging to rotate through putters, honestly. Different head weights, toe hangs, and milling promotes different speeds at least at the level I am trying to achieve. My preference has always been to over commit to a single putter and then just let it ride.

Yesterday, it just seemed like the green side came as a shock after how good they were rolling a couple weeks ago - had me almost jabbing at the ball which I NEVER do.

Ouch. I understand. I can say the 3 i use are all face balanced, so same overall stroke. But yes, i agree, all different feels, maybe that’s what I’m trying to get past, of course, with my hearing, maybe feel isn’t as pronounced.

but to your point, you need a long neck - a hybrid of sorts.

blade alternative was pretty awful today. Not great. Our greens slowed down quite a bit over the last couple weeks with the cooler temps and rain we've got...

Switched back to the OG at the turn and started putting a LOT better. Damnit.
I know where that BA can land when it's on the naughty list

There's also a rumor that I passed some bad juju over to it.

I know where that BA can land when it's on the naughty list

There's also a rumor that I passed some bad juju over to it.
It hasn't been the same since you and @jdtox touched it.

It’s now a toss up between the Sacks and Futura. I love the looks and feel of the Sacks, but something about the Futura mallet feels like home. I’m going to stick with the Sacks for a bit longer.

I put the Mizuno M Craft 2 with the Stability Shaft in to play today and it was absolutely 🔥🔥🔥! It's definitely earned it's spot in the bag for awhile.

I'm over green speeds changing by the round hahaha - I just cannot adapt fast enough I guess.

Going to put the blade alternative back in play tomorrow, and pretend everything is going to be alright.

I'm over green speeds changing by the round hahaha - I just cannot adapt fast enough I guess.

Going to put the blade alternative back in play tomorrow, and pretend everything is going to be alright.

smails-billy.gif

Back