I've always known that I don't line sight lines. Today I learned that two lines on a flange may as well be the same as trying to putt with pool noodle.

Had my second round with the Frontline Elevado and made a few long putts

I've always known that I don't line sight lines. Today I learned that two lines on a flange may as well be the same as trying to putt with pool noodle.
You know what's worse than everything?

Flange lines.

You know what's worse than everything?

Flange lines.

I prefer putter with no alignment at all. My current putter of course does but, I prefer them without anything at all.

awful, actually.
Oddly enough, I just got a toulon Portland with the single line on the top line, and I really like it. Maybe I should not like flange lines either ?

Oddly enough, I just got a toulon Portland with the single line on the top line, and I really like it. Maybe I should not like flange lines either ?
Yeah, it sits great atop that putter.

Evnroll putters were all the rage at our club last season.

The first models that they showed for this year didn't include any non-offset models, but since then, they've added two of them,
I'd consider the latter if I thought they would help. For now, I'll keep letting my '78 Ram Zebra and my two hickory shafted vintage replicas battle it out for playing time.

Evnroll putters were all the rage at our club last season.

The first models that they showed for this year didn't include any non-offset models, but since then, they've added two of them,
I'd consider the latter if I thought they would help. For now, I'll keep letting my '78 Ram Zebra and my two hickory shafted vintage replicas battle it out for playing time.

I have an Evnroll ER3 (wing blade). I bought into the face technology, and the heavier head weight helped me make more short putts. But I struggled with distance control. I moved on to an Odyssey stroke lab mallet and found much better distance control. SL is the real deal for a consistent swing tempo. This winter as I have worked on my putting in a more formal way, the ER3 is making a comeback. It is a very good putter. With better distance control, it might get more time than the Odyssey SL. There is likely a "Goldilocks" middle ground for me out there in putters, but until I prove my putting mettle to myself, I'm going to keep those two putters in a rotation.

So I played Sand Hollow this past weekend and it was my first round playing with the Flux Harmony that I won here on THP. It was also the first time in a very long time that I had used a blade style putter. I was gaming a Odyssey O-Works 2 ball that I had actually purchased last season and when I arrived at Sand Hollow (4.5 hour drive for me), I still had both putters in my bag because I just was unsure about the blade. Now I must say my putting isn't the greatest out there and I have started putting with the idea of "Just get it close to the hole so you can at least have a tap in on the second putt". Boy was I absolutely amazed at my putting with the Flux though! Not only does it look absolutely amazing the thicker grip, which I replaced the White Flux grip with a new Black and Bronze Flux grip, seemed to help me a ton! Like I said before, I was unsure about switching away from the two ball but after my round on Saturday, the Odyssey O-works is for sale....Or I may keep it for my 20 month old to putt with. He seems to like the real thing more than the blue Fisher Price clubs.

So I played Sand Hollow this past weekend and it was my first round playing with the Flux Harmony that I won here on THP. It was also the first time in a very long time that I had used a blade style putter. I was gaming a Odyssey O-Works 2 ball that I had actually purchased last season and when I arrived at Sand Hollow (4.5 hour drive for me), I still had both putters in my bag because I just was unsure about the blade. Now I must say my putting isn't the greatest out there and I have started putting with the idea of "Just get it close to the hole so you can at least have a tap in on the second putt". Boy was I absolutely amazed at my putting with the Flux though! Not only does it look absolutely amazing the thicker grip, which I replaced the White Flux grip with a new Black and Bronze Flux grip, seemed to help me a ton! Like I said before, I was unsure about switching away from the two ball but after my round on Saturday, the Odyssey O-works is for sale....Or I may keep it for my 20 month old to putt with. He seems to like the real thing more than the blue Fisher Price clubs.

Glad you had a great first round with the Flux! and the fact that you got to enjoy Sand Hollow makes me a bit more jealous.

Keep the putter, you never know when the Flux is going to act up and need to be put in time out.

Glad you had a great first round with the Flux! and the fact that you got to enjoy Sand Hollow makes me a bit more jealous.

Keep the putter, you never know when the Flux is going to act up and need to be put in time out.
Haha very true!

I think it's pretty funny that after all that putter voting, it's going to basically mimic the tour usage. Odyssey will probably come out on top, with Scotty decently close behind in 2nd, and then everyone else.

Here's my putting rant of the day:

@Canadan told me he wants me to help him find a putter.

His list of requirements
Under a certain price point
Scotty Cameron blade
Sight dot or line (no flange garbage)
Light face milling

That's it. He's "not picky"

Yet, somehow, this "not picky" friend of mine has pooh-poohed every single club I've sent his way for one reason or another....... We'll get there.

Here's my putting rant of the day:

@Canadan told me he wants me to help him find a putter.

His list of requirements
Under a certain price point
Scotty Cameron blade
Sight dot or line (no flange garbage)
Light face milling

That's it. He's "not picky"

Yet, somehow, this "not picky" friend of mine has pooh-poohed every single club I've sent his way for one reason or another....... We'll get there.
hahaha, the price point was elevated by about 2k at one point

We'll get there for sure. It's been fun.

Back