I tried an evnroll for the first time recently...I....oddly liked it.

I tried an evnroll for the first time recently...I....oddly liked it.

Heh. I did the same while I was waiting for a hitting bay to open up. Didn't love the gravity grip on there but the roll was great.

Just had an eye opening putter fitting using SAM. Good news...I’m gaming the right putter profile. Bad news...my stroke is all jacked up!! Haha. Not really but didn’t know how “handsy” I was and how much that was affecting my alignment and stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After my putter fitting yesterday I switch to left hand low today for my round. And I was able to keep all my putts in intended line. I had one 40ft+ long putt and with the left hand low felt extremely awkward and I left it 20ft short. Short putts were fine. But man left hand low was awkward and difficult for those long putts today (20ft +)

Anyone see the Rory putt from earlier today?! Up a hill, around a bunker, from downtown... wow!

Thanks for sharing. OMG the creativity it takes to see that line.. Wow

Here's my putting rant of the day:

@Canadan told me he wants me to help him find a putter.

His list of requirements
Under a certain price point
Scotty Cameron blade
Sight dot or line (no flange garbage)
Light face milling

That's it. He's "not picky"

Yet, somehow, this "not picky" friend of mine has pooh-poohed every single club I've sent his way for one reason or another....... We'll get there.

Haha! Immediately thought of this:

Watching Bryson DeChambeau putt is painful. His setup looks so stiff and full of tension in the arms. I have to believe that, for him, it's not, because he’s pretty good with it, but I wonder how many average golfers are gonna copy that - especially if he keeps winning & his visibility/marketability increases.

It just seems like a a great way to add tension to your putting stroke.

Anyone see Chris Comos Swing Expedition on TGC? Latest episode with Xander Schauffle and his putting coach Derek Uyeda had tons of really good info. Need to spend some time unpacking this and putting it into practice.

Anyone see Chris Comos Swing Expedition on TGC? Latest episode with Xander Schauffle and his putting coach Derek Uyeda had tons of really good info. Need to spend some time unpacking this and putting it into practice.
You gonna buy a 2x4 and throw it out there?:LOL: I did enjoy watching though

I always wondered if courses are OK with marking up a putting green like that if you’re not a pro lol!

After my putter fitting yesterday I switch to left hand low today for my round. And I was able to keep all my putts in intended line. I had one 40ft+ long putt and with the left hand low felt extremely awkward and I left it 20ft short. Short putts were fine. But man left hand low was awkward and difficult for those long putts today (20ft +)

Man, if I could go back and do it all over again, I'm pretty sure I would have tried to make Left hand low happen at a young age. There is so much that makes sense about it.

Man, if I could go back and do it all over again, I'm pretty sure I would have tried to make Left hand low happen at a young age. There is so much that makes sense about it.

Lol, it’s never too late. What age did Phil start putting claw inside of 15-20 feet and traditional putting grip for the longer ones?

Although I couldn’t feel it, the SAM fitting showed how much face rotation I had in my stroke. We tried all kinds of putter toe hangs and shapes and nothing worked, (Goes to show it’s the Indian not the arrow), in regards to help me stay on line. It was all hand manipulation going on. We briefly spoke about SeeMore morning putters and then we tried left hand low. And man what a difference. My takeaway was much more in line and stayed on my target line much longer. I’ve tried left hand low before but it just felt awkward. But now that I was visually able to see the benefit I’m going to give it a long hard try.

b42f2a503484f3ba5a4cd6049ee96b1b.jpg

Although I couldn’t feel it, the SAM fitting showed how much face rotation I had in my stroke. We tried all kinds of putter toe hangs and shapes and nothing worked, (Goes to show it’s the Indian not the arrow), in regards to help me stay on line. It was all hand manipulation going on. We briefly spoke about SeeMore morning putters and then we tried left hand low. And man what a difference. My takeaway was much more in line and stayed on my target line much longer. I’ve tried left hand low before but it just felt awkward. But now that I was visually able to see the benefit I’m going to give it a long hard try.

Damn dude, you have a TON of turn in your stroke!!!

I have barely any in mine haha - What a weirdo, I know.

Lol, it’s never too late. What age did Phil start putting claw inside of 15-20 feet and traditional putting grip for the longer ones?
I do NOT want to putt like Phil lmao

I always seem to putt well when I get almost mechanical in my setup when putting.

Damn dude, you have a TON of turn in your stroke!!!

I have barely any in mine haha - What a weirdo, I know.

I know man. And to be honest if it weren’t for the SAM fitting I couldn’t even tell. It’s alot on paper...but so small to the untrained eye

hahaha, the price point was elevated by about 2k at one point

We'll get there for sure. It's been fun.

I tell my kids they are not picky just choos’y.

You gonna buy a 2x4 and throw it out there?:LOL: I did enjoy watching though

‘yeah, that was a bunch to take in...good stuff but levels above what I thought putt training encompassed

Somewhere buried in one of the SeeMore threads, I went through how the coach (SPi instructor Chris Carfangia) moved my hands a little and just made the whole “Left hand low” grip completely natural.

These guys know what they’re doing. Bottom line: it’s not just “left hand low” or XYZ. It’s about understanding how everything goes together. And instructors like Chris Carfangia and Derek Uyeda are freaking priceless!

I wonder how up to date SAM is for the current market. That says blade or mallet for you, which makes no sense to me haha. But I wonder if it’s using “blade” in the traditional sense, meaning a ton of toe hang. I was fit for face balanced/30* toe hang (not very much) because I don’t have a ton of rotation, but my impact is ridiculously consistent. I’m just wondering if it’s taking more of the traditional toe hang needs at that point more than head shape, because my consistency pretty much stated I’d be ok with anything. My 30* toe hang columbus seems like a damn good fit but that SAM fitting saying mallet is throwing me off.

I have been looking at changing my putting grip to either left hand low or like Mickelson with the right hand push.

But wondering how long it took some to make the change and feel comfortable to a point it was a natural putt?

Back