Need to re-shaft one of my mallets to be a little longer. So I am going to pick up a KBS CT tour putting shaft to see what it’s about. If nothing else, the black shaft with the red band will look pretty dope.

TM has been killing the special edition headcover game since stepping into it.

Odyssey is falling woefully short.

I am sad. I would snatch up a bunch of them if they would just release A) decent designs, and B) higher quality covers. Oh well.

TM has been killing the special edition headcover game since stepping into it.

yeah, I've been wanting to spring for one but I don't have a TM putter...does this mean I am obligated to buy the new spider? :rolleyes::LOL:

yeah, I've been wanting to spring for one but I don't have a TM putter...does this mean I am obligated to buy the new spider? :rolleyes::LOL:
If I can snag that Arnold Palmer cover then I will buy a putter to put in it haha

The other thing I tell my kids all the time, two feet high side. I want misses within two feet past the hole and on the high side or the putt never had a chance.

Great advice. I've read that the average amateur plays about half the amount of break needed on longer putts.

Great advice. I've read that the average amateur plays about half the amount of break needed on longer putts.
yeaaaaa....that's probably me. haha

I'm a bit disappointed with Carbon Putters at the moment...

I called the company and spoke with the Machinist prior to making a purchase for a custom-engraved Bandit Ringo on Valentine's Day. I was sent a mock up of the putter, and made the purchase from the invoice on the same day.

In speaking with the Machinist I was told that the putter would ship out in less than 10 days, and he even said on 18th when I spoke with him again to verify timeframe, that he would send it out "at the end of the week". The 10 day timeframe was also reflected on the invoice.

Because I hadn't heard anything from the company (no e-mail with tracking, etc.), I called them again on Friday (the 28th, 14 days from the date of purchase), and the individual I spoke with stated that the epoxy was drying, and it would ship out Saturday (the 29th) or Monday (the 2nd), and tracking information would be provided via e-mail.

Still, no word as of today, and I'm on day 18 since the purchase. Although I'm sure the product will be amazing, Carbon has done a terrible job at properly setting my expectations for delivery. When I initially supposed it would have taken 3-4 weeks to arrive, they simply should have agreed.

/rant

I think this is spot on. Ever since I increased my break distance my break putts have improved.

It's really too bad that the o-works insert was such a bust on tour. Knew it would be though as it's pretty dang soft and pros love firmer inserts, but I'll be damned if it still isn't one of the best inserts odyssey has put out in quite a while for me. Putting that up in the store against a lot of others, and it is just such good pace control. Probably because I have been gaming a red 7s more than most other putters, but it's just so good.

I'm a bit disappointed with Carbon Putters at the moment...

I called the company and spoke with the Machinist prior to making a purchase for a custom-engraved Bandit Ringo on Valentine's Day. I was sent a mock up of the putter, and made the purchase from the invoice on the same day.

In speaking with the Machinist I was told that the putter would ship out in less than 10 days, and he even said on 18th when I spoke with him again to verify timeframe, that he would send it out "at the end of the week". The 10 day timeframe was also reflected on the invoice.

Because I hadn't heard anything from the company (no e-mail with tracking, etc.), I called them again on Friday (the 28th, 14 days from the date of purchase), and the individual I spoke with stated that the epoxy was drying, and it would ship out Saturday (the 29th) or Monday (the 2nd), and tracking information would be provided via e-mail.

Still, no word as of today, and I'm on day 18 since the purchase. Although I'm sure the product will be amazing, Carbon has done a terrible job at properly setting my expectations for delivery. When I initially supposed it would have taken 3-4 weeks to arrive, they simply should have agreed.

/rant
I've been eyeballing their putters & putter covers for a while. Hearing this frustrates me, as they out of Denver & was hoping to hear good things about them. Either way I may still wind up with at least putter cover from them.

Someday I need to stop buying putters. I've already got a smoke show of an Atlanta that I could easily game every day and a new Rossie that I love the shape of yet I still buy more. I need an intervention.

My son co-opted my original version Memphis and loves it. It may be the only thing he (teenager) and I see eye to eye on these days :)

I've been eyeballing their putters & putter covers for a while. Hearing this frustrates me, as they out of Denver & was hoping to hear good things about them. Either way I may still wind up with at least putter cover from them.
I'll keep you posted on the final result, but I'm still waiting on an e-mail back for a status update. I also tried calling them, but there was no answer.

I was really happy with the first interaction that I had with them, as the machinist was able to provide me with a full mockup of the putter, and I received a quote for the putter within a couple hours of my inquiry. But, now that they've collected money from me, it looks like I'm essentially at their mercy.

If the photos are any indication of the product they sell, I'm sure it'll be phenomenal, but the fact that I've been ignored is frustrating, particularly considering that I've received no response from them.

Edel putter fitting was......eye-opening. Was aimed left of the target naturally. Too much ball bounce with old putter. Swing path was too much outside to in because of the type of claw grip I was using. Put me in a different hosel that straightened me to the target. Added weight in both head and grip to get the ball smoother off the face. Putted better with standard grip but showed me how to use the pencil claw grip (Fleetwood) that would allow the clubhead to turn more straight back/inside. Good information.

Going with the E2 Torque balanced putter, all black.

Someday I need to stop buying putters. I've already got a smoke show of an Atlanta that I could easily game every day and a new Rossie that I love the shape of yet I still buy more. I need an intervention.
I’m loving the Rossie. Not going to buy anymore putters until ........:rolleyes:

Edel putter fitting was......eye-opening. Was aimed left of the target naturally. Too much ball bounce with old putter. Swing path was too much outside to in because of the type of claw grip I was using. Put me in a different hosel that straightened me to the target. Added weight in both head and grip to get the ball smoother off the face. Putted better with standard grip but showed me how to use the pencil claw grip (Fleetwood) that would allow the clubhead to turn more straight back/inside. Good information.

Going with the E2 Torque balanced putter, all black.
Very cool Nate. It sounds like it was a pretty cool experience. How long did the fitting run?

Giving one of the KBS CT tour putter shafts a go. Will be interesting to see if it ever makes a difference, as it’s standard weight it just says it’s stiffer In the tip section and allows for less head rotation through the stroke/impact. Who knows, but it looks kinda cool haha.

52F45F07-F424-45DC-B2E6-080D7DA75FBB.jpeg

Fact: I am a better putter with a SeeMore in my bag.

Very cool Nate. It sounds like it was a pretty cool experience. How long did the fitting run?

1.5 hours. We tried most everything but found something that worked about half way through. Interesting I did better w/ no alignment aid on the putter. Then went to using the ball alignment markings and putts fell. Worked on my stroke as I was too much outside/in.

Reactions: KEV
Fact: I am a better putter with a SeeMore in my bag.

I was surprised at how much I liked the seemore with the thin grip mine came with...but the elevado grip has got me in the feelz.

1.5 hours. We tried most everything but found something that worked about half way through. Interesting I did better w/ no alignment aid on the putter. Then went to using the ball alignment markings and putts fell. Worked on my stroke as I was too much outside/in.
Nice posts Nate! Always interested to hear/see what others are doing when it comes to fitting & gaining knowledge of how their putter & stroke works (or doesn't work) for them.

Back