My home course is using the styrofoam noodle in the cup to keep the ball from going to the bottom. I actually have putted pretty well - maybe it’s the more focused target? Nah - probably just the fickle game of golf.

My home course is using the styrofoam noodle in the cup to keep the ball from going to the bottom. I actually have putted pretty well - maybe it’s the more focused target? Nah - probably just the fickle game of golf.
I prefer the Styrofoam insert because in the very rare chance you hit a hole in one it still goes in. I think I would be devastated if I was playing a course with raised cups and watched a tee shot hit off the side and not know if it would have dropped or not. Putting would also encourage me to hit it with too much pace to get a piece of the cup which could cause bad habits.. I like seeing the ball go in..

it has been a breath of fresh air to legitimately practice putting again

I prefer the Styrofoam insert because in the very rare chance you hit a hole in one it still goes in. I think I would be devastated if I was playing a course with raised cups and watched a tee shot hit off the side and not know if it would have dropped or not. Putting would also encourage me to hit it with too much pace to get a piece of the cup which could cause bad habits.. I like seeing the ball go in..
I agree - there have been a few holes Though where the insert has been high, and the ball didn’t come to rest, even though it clearly would have been holed in normal circumstances. It’s lead to some fun banter on the course - “that’s not good” “eff you that was good”

I agree - there have been a few holes Though where the insert has been high, and the ball didn’t come to rest, even though it clearly would have been holed in normal circumstances. It’s lead to some fun banter on the course - “that’s not good” “eff you that was good”
I had several putts on a course last week that actually went in the hole and came out because of the high cup inserts and each cost me an additional stroke. It is what it is, but the foam inserts just work better because those putts fall in the hole with the foam insert.

It's getting so frustrating being a terrible green reader! I hit my lines which is great but the line is incorrect way too often. You would think after playing my home course so many times I would have it figured out a little more.

It's pouring rain right now, and all I can think to do this morning is buy 3 rolls of 40x7 putting green turf to attempt to turn my back yard into a putting course. ...

It's pouring rain right now, and all I can think to do this morning is buy 3 rolls of 40x7 putting green turf to attempt to turn my back yard into a putting course. ...

I was debating about sectioning off my garage for a "green" in there...

I was pacing out my living room after looking at the turf they have at some of the big box stores. I think when its time to replace the hard wood floors, we're getting some kind of simulated turf. I just have to convince the wife now.

I was pacing out my living room after looking at the turf they have at some of the big box stores. I think when its time to replace the hard wood floors, we're getting some kind of simulated turf. I just have to convince the wife now.

I wish you luck in the endeavor, sir!!! (y)

I want a Blast putting sensor. :unsure:

it has been a breath of fresh air to legitimately practice putting again

I can’t wait to get out there again and am hopeful the courses will be allowed to open next week. I don’t know if I can handle another two or three weeks of no golf.

I've never been more surprised with the difference in putter sound between inside and outside then I was today with the Toulon Indianapolis. Holy smokes it's night and day.

witb he said super rat! :)

Finding a happy groove with the flow neck again. Comfortable, confident, accurate.

Debating grips still though, both physically and the actual grip on the putters. :unsure:

I want a Blast putting sensor. :unsure:
Have you picked one up yet? Seriously pondering one of these for short game work.

Have you picked one up yet? Seriously pondering one of these for short game work.
Nah, won’t happen. I want, but don’t need to go buy. Haha

Here I sit with 6 putters in my office yet I'm considering ordering one from SGC Putters out of Canada. With everything going on in the world it's the dumbest possible time to be pondering something like this but here I am, pondering.

Here I sit with 6 putters in my office yet I'm considering ordering one from SGC Putters out of Canada. With everything going on in the world it's the dumbest possible time to be pondering something like this but here I am, pondering.
I disagree. It's always a good time for putters.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
They need to cut the styrofoam a bit smaller though. I've had a few putts lip out that would have gone in otherwise. Should I have counted it? :unsure:

There can be only ONE!

lol ... I have it down to two but I'm more comfortable with my new SeeMore from the results I am getting with Putt Out - I can't eat a meal until I make a 6 foot perfect putt.

There can be only ONE!

lol ... I have it down to two but I'm more comfortable with my new SeeMore from the results I am getting with Putt Out - I can't eat a meal until I make a 6 foot perfect putt.
See that's the problem. I have a SeeMore that I've been having good results with and two Toulons that are both awesome also. I have zero reason to get a new one!

Back