Want to buy an Olson? Bring the zeros at ya boy.
I unfortunately need to sell off a couple of mine before I add again.

I unfortunately need to sell off a couple of mine before I add again.

I'm trying, but sofar no luck. :(

But, that won't stop me, for too long. ;)

Is it just me or is the putter market getting stupid crowded?

I'm seeing more putters being sold on the Bay all the time.

I'm seeing more putters being sold on the Bay all the time.
Yeah, and there are so many small makers these days. I love the work of some but others seem uninspired

Yes. 100% this.

But at the same time, prior to COVID, it also felt like everyone was getting more premium.

Odyssey makes a great product, but abandoning the $100-$150 market made me sad. While Cleveland and Wilson are still at that price point it just seems weird having to recommend a used putter for Odyssey instead.

Then other brands that havent done putters in a long time are back in the game. Mizuno and new Hogan have forged classically styled putters. Taylormade makes a surprisingly good putter (not looking at you truss) but the price is premium.

Boutique putter companies keep popping up and I wonder what happened to Bettinardis mojo. Callaway has a Scotty Cameron competitor in Toulon and Ping has brought back milled putters.

I dont begrudge choice in the market and I wonder what is going to shake out post COVID but I'm curious to see if pricing gets relooked at in the putting market or if it's more insulated with the art and style aspect.

I played at my father in law’s course last night and the greens were smooth, true and fast. I then played at my course today which had punched and sanded the front. I should have allowed more time to get used to the change of speed because I was short in the heart a couple times.

What do you do to get used to green speeds?

Swapped the contender at the turn for the trust Super Rat. Almost instantly saw improvement.

1.9 putts to 1.6 on each nine respectively.

Maybe I should just stop buying anything putter related and get over it.
Vegas ahem Vegas

Here's what I am figuring out.... I hit the putter in the the sweet spot MOST times.

A mallet supports NOT doing that.

Dan doesn't need a mallet.
So you’re finally sticking with the super rat? Or will we be going down this path again in say..... 3 weeks lol

Yes. 100% this.

But at the same time, prior to COVID, it also felt like everyone was getting more premium.

Odyssey makes a great product, but abandoning the $100-$150 market made me sad. While Cleveland and Wilson are still at that price point it just seems weird having to recommend a used putter for Odyssey instead.

Then other brands that havent done putters in a long time are back in the game. Mizuno and new Hogan have forged classically styled putters. Taylormade makes a surprisingly good putter (not looking at you truss) but the price is premium.

Boutique putter companies keep popping up and I wonder what happened to Bettinardis mojo. Callaway has a Scotty Cameron competitor in Toulon and Ping has brought back milled putters.

I dont begrudge choice in the market and I wonder what is going to shake out post COVID but I'm curious to see if pricing gets relooked at in the putting market or if it's more insulated with the art and style aspect.
I think Bettinardi is feeling the pinch from a lot of competition. But the boutique putter market has EXPLODED since Lamb went nuts price wise. I still don’t get it but I’m old I guess.
Yes it is.
Hopefully leads to some lower prices across the board.
my gut says it won’t but we can dream.

I played at my father in law’s course last night and the greens were smooth, true and fast. I then played at my course today which had punched and sanded the front. I should have allowed more time to get used to the change of speed because I was short in the heart a couple times.

What do you do to get used to green speeds?
Not much you can do when you go from pristine to punched greens. I like to spend a good amount of time on the practice green before a round to get pace and speed down and hope the practice green is similar to the greens on the course.

Not much you can do when you go from pristine to punched greens. I like to spend a good amount of time on the practice green before a round to get pace and speed down and hope the practice green is similar to the greens on the course.

For only 5 days of healing, they were really good. It was just slower than the day before. I was having a hard time loosening up this morning so I spent the time getting a few more swings in.

Putting has been the weakest part of my game. Looking at arccos, it is the strongest part of my game (2hc rating). I need to stop the harsh self assessment. I’m not a superstar with the flat stick, but my putting is solid. And that means I am allowed to buy putters! 🥳

My over confidence in my chipping, however, needs a rethink. Arccos is appropriately trash talking me there.🤬

TT Ten is in the bag for today’s round.

For those of you that are having making up their mind on a putter here a a couple of choices.

hoya 1.jpg

hoya 2.jpg

I had a tough day putting today. My alignment was just off to the right on too many holes.

Back