I

I love the look of that insert. I need to find one of these to try someday.

The putter was priced at $180, but I probably could have gotten it for $!50 or less. That is I had wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEV
I had really enjoyed the Toulon Chicago, lag putting is so easy with it. I had 2 putts today from over 30 feet and put both within 1 foot of the cup. I have the TT Ten and TT Double Wide in the extra bag and they just don't get the play time that the Chicago does. The TT Ten usually comes out when I feel like I am having alignment issues to my putting line. It always seems to get me back to aligning better.

Contemplating trying out a mallet or Spider putter, want a bit of variety to my putters

Problem is I would want a Titleist putter, maybe a Futura X. hmmmmm

Toulon Chicago, 29 putts today.

Toulon Chicago, 29 putts today.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I think anything in the 20s in any sort of regularity deserves a place on the long term list.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I think anything in the 20s in any sort of regularity deserves a place on the long term list.
Sometimes it just feels like an extension of my arm and so natural. Hard to explain.

Sometimes it just feels like an extension of my arm and so natural. Hard to explain.
I totally get it my friend.

Confidence, connection, control. It's what we're all searching for.

Dang it, I need one of these. I've started itching for a new putter and this doesn't help.

Dang it, I need one of these. I've started itching for a new putter and this doesn't help.
Pretty sure we have had this conversation before. I can text you daily if need be. :whistle:

Pretty sure we have had this conversation before. I can text you daily if need be. :whistle:
The problem is the putter is the least of my worries. I'm what some would refer to as not good at golf right now.

The problem is the putter is the least of my worries. I'm what some would refer to as not good at golf right now.
Better get with it, snow will be flying your way soon enough. :cry:

Better get with it, snow will be flying your way soon enough. :cry:
That's ok, I have more skill with a shovel in my hands than I do a golf club right now.

Anywho, I love hearing that the Chicago has performed for you. Toulon did well with that model.

You do know that the only known cure to get rid of that itch, is to scratch it with a new putter. ;)

Reactions: KEV
Had some really bright spots with the putter yesterday making some long putts. Then on other holes left long putts extremely short. Need more consistent rolls.

Nice. <30 is the shizzle. I have 3 rounds so far with the Chicago: 32, 33, 31 putts. That's a good start for me. The two main benefits of the putter so far are 1) confidence and 2) distance control.
That is the biggest thing so far for me, doesn't matter green speed, slow or fast like yesterday, I have been able to control distance very easily. You can save a lot of pars by leaving that first putt within 2 feet of the hole or making that second putt to avoid the double bogey.

I'm going to try the Bettinardi version of the Toulon Chicago tomorrow. The Betti version has a copper insert.

Bettinardi # SS9 Limited Run (110 copper insert)

ss_9.jpg

I'm going to try the Bettinardi version of the Toulon Chicago tomorrow. The Betti version has a copper insert.

Bettinardi # SS9 Limited Run (110 copper insert)

View attachment 8963638
I absolutely loved that release! Let us know what you think of it.

Been rolling about 50 putts a night. Stroke is improving, at least at home. Shall see how it goes on the course in a couple days.

Man I still want a Chicago. And an Edel. And a blue M Craft. Stupid putters.

I missed out on a Chicago on eBay a couple of weeks ago that went for $240 and I’m kicking myself now as I can’t find one anywhere close to that recently.

Back