I’m really laughing at how much different my confidence can be from hole to hole. I had a few birdie putts I knew I was going to make and then other putts felt completely forced and foreign, sometimes one hole to the next. I don’t get it sometimes.

I missed out on a Chicago on eBay a couple of weeks ago that went for $240 and I’m kicking myself now as I can’t find one anywhere close to that recently.

i have added and deleted a Chicago from my cart on odyssey/Callaway’s website soooo many times in the last couple weeks...

i have added and deleted a Chicago from my cart on odyssey/Callaway’s website soooo many times in the last couple weeks...
Juuuust doooooo iiiiit.

I’ve found the opposite(ish). Over the past few years I didn’t have time to dedicate myself to the game. This year during quarantine I was working from home and spending a lot of time rolling putts on my mat in the living room. It surprisingly(?) translated very well onto the course despite not getting onto an actual putting green to practice.
I may have to try that. We have hardwood floors...but we do have an oriental rug in the living room that might work out.
I had to come back and thank you. That really helped.

You need that in your bag.

Pondering another single/double bend blade to tinker with this offseason. Obvious answer is the Toulon Chicago, but have also been looking at the EvnRoll ER2, Ben Hogan BHB02 & the Cleveland HB Soft 8. Any others that I should be looking at?

Pondering another single/double bend blade to tinker with this offseason. Obvious answer is the Toulon Chicago, but have also been looking at the EvnRoll ER2, Ben Hogan BHB02 & the Cleveland HB Soft 8. Any others that I should be looking at?
You answered the question correctly.
All of those are great putters.

Don't you HATE that feeling like you spent $30 on a Super Stroke and just do not care for it? GT Pistol 1.0. Not a fan. Thought it would play more like Pingman Midsize pistol shape. It's so big at the top of the grip. They were all wrapped in plastic at the Golf Galaxy so it was hard to get a real feel for it at time of purchase and they didn't have any installed on display like they used to. I don't like their interpretation of a Pistol shape, anyway. Just don't like the shape in general, which surprised me.
Might have to do the GP SNSR and see what they feel like. I just don't like the colors of those overall. Wish there were more options (or at least leave the neon yellow off of them.) I almost pulled the trigger on one of those and wish I had now. No more SS. Too expensive to mess around and have a failure like this. And no more Covid buying if I can't feel it first. I'll just go online at that point.

Sorry if I already mentioned it in this or another thread... BUT, does anyone think about the left elbow (lead elbow for righties) in the putting stroke?

I feel like I want my left elbow to wrap up and around my left ribcage post impact. This move allows me to release the toe of the putter so well and puts a great roll on the ball. My putting has improved tremendously since I started focusing on this.

Don't you HATE that feeling like you spent $30 on a Super Stroke and just do not care for it? GT Pistol 1.0. Not a fan. Thought it would play more like Pingman Midsize pistol shape. It's so big at the top of the grip. They were all wrapped in plastic at the Golf Galaxy so it was hard to get a real feel for it at time of purchase and they didn't have any installed on display like they used to. I don't like their interpretation of a Pistol shape, anyway. Just don't like the shape in general, which surprised me.
Might have to do the GP SNSR and see what they feel like. I just don't like the colors of those overall. Wish there were more options (or at least leave the neon yellow off of them.) I almost pulled the trigger on one of those and wish I had now. No more SS. Too expensive to mess around and have a failure like this. And no more Covid buying if I can't feel it first. I'll just go online at that point.

Agreed the SS Pistols are an acquired taste. I have the SNSR on one of my old putters and liked it plenty, but I also like the SS Pistol GT 2.0 on my current gamer. If you're looking for just an oversized pistol, you may want to look for a Lamkin Mega Paddle. They have a UTx version that you can still find on eBay. Pretty sure there's a non-UTx out there somewhere as well.

Sorry if I already mentioned it in this or another thread... BUT, does anyone think about the left elbow (lead elbow for righties) in the putting stroke?

I feel like I want my left elbow to wrap up and around my left ribcage post impact. This move allows me to release the toe of the putter so well and puts a great roll on the ball. My putting has improved tremendously since I started focusing on this.
Trying to picture this, will let you know tonight when I get home from work. :unsure:

Agreed the SS Pistols are an acquired taste. I have the SNSR on one of my old putters and liked it plenty, but I also like the SS Pistol GT 2.0 on my current gamer. If you're looking for just an oversized pistol, you may want to look for a Lamkin Mega Paddle. They have a UTx version that you can still find on eBay. Pretty sure there's a non-UTx out there somewhere as well.
I thought that fake "stitching" on the back might bug me, but the large shape at the top was mostly it.
Very wide/flat across the front of it as well, didn't think it "releases" like a Pistol, which was what I was after.
If they called it the "Pistol Flatso 1.0 GT" or something, that might capture the shape?

Funny, just got the Lamkin Deep Etch Paddle for another putter that I haven't installed yet. But that one was CHEAP compared to the SS.

I'm a GP guy and should probably just accept the neon yellow and go the SNSR route. I like a little larger putter grip for my hand size, but I need it to release for me still. My Ultra Slim 1.0 on my Betti gamer allows me to do that. Keeps the lower hand very square and the upper is almost round and allows free rotation. I have that on the two that are gamers; the Odyssey 7 that I shot personal best with is the other. I was rolling that one again last night and remembering why I shot well with it. Two different toe hangs and same grip works well. Should find another??

Put some gloves under your armpits while putting or any other golf swing for that matter.
Sounds like you crave that connected feeling of arms and body?
When that happens for me, I feel like the back of my left hand can lead the stroke to the hole.

Put some gloves under your armpits while putting or any other golf swing for that matter.
Sounds like you crave that connected feeling of arms and body?
When that happens for me, I feel like the back of my left hand can lead the stroke to the hole.
Just mimicking my stroke here at my desk, I can feel that those gloves would definitely stay put. I've gone away from a lifetime of rocking my shoulders to drive my putting stroke. Now I have a bit more of an arc and a release; my old miss of short & right is gone now.

Just mimicking my stroke here at my desk, I can feel that those gloves would definitely stay put. I've gone away from a lifetime of rocking my shoulders to drive my putting stroke. Now I have a bit more of an arc and a release; my old miss of short & right is gone now.
Yeah, that was my miss too. I lengthened my putter by 1/2" and it helped me release down the line more.
Steve Stricker got my attention years ago when he was helping Jeryy Kelly and others with a hands high address position, more upright putter lie angle, and rocking the shoulders to retain your angles. You can rock all day with those gloves under there. I've done nothing but putt on my Big Moss green indoors for 5 years after my stroke, and employed that methodology for 5 years of practice. It translated very nicely when I got to the course to practice on a real green. I am so ready to get out there! :giggle:

I got goofy and was doing the Phil "stop and pause forever in the backswing" thing last night. Even that was working, and I could check the face angle and stroke path before coming back down. That sneaky Phil.... :love:

Yeah, that was my miss too. I lengthened my putter by 1/2" and it helped me release down the line more.
Steve Stricker got my attention years ago when he was helping Jeryy Kelly and others with a hands high address position, more upright putter lie angle, and rocking the shoulders to retain your angles. You can rock all day with those gloves under there. I've done nothing but putt on my Big Moss green indoors for 5 years after my stroke, and employed that methodology for 5 years of practice. It translated very nicely when I got to the course to practice on a real green. I am so ready to get out there! :giggle:

I got goofy and was doing the Phil "stop and pause forever in the backswing" thing last night. Even that was working, and I could check the face angle and stroke path before coming back down. That sneaky Phil.... :love:
Oof, I didn't see what Phil did but the guys up at the course were all abuzz! Hope you're back out playing soon bud!

So I grabbed the Chicago, my left forearm starts on the side of my belly (que the fat jokes) but as the putter goes forward and on my follow thru it disconnects and moves away from my body down the line. Hope that makes sense.

The Toulon Garage temptation was too much today. Chicago here I come.
So what was the final specs of the putter?

Beautiful stick. The blue sole weights clash with the lime green highlights don't you think? I know you can't see them at the same time...;)
haha, well, it came with 25g weights in them and that's just too heavy for me I think.

We'll see what the future holds.

Some more thoughts on my Betti SS9 after using it today. The greens at the course were very fast today, but I found it very easy to putt on them with the Bettinardi today. Lag puts were very easy as I had no doubles today. A very rare event for me on the golf course. Sank a couple of longs putts to save par on a couple of holes. Still trying to figure out why this putter hasn't been put in the bag much sooner. :unsure:

Dropping that money and hating the grip totally sucks! IMO the SNSR grips are soooooo much better than Super stroke grips.

Back