Do you ever put a putter in your hand that just feels like a natural fit? My White Hot Pro Rossie showed up last night and that's how I feel about that shape. I really wish I could get a center shaft version of it to try, especially a Toulon version.

Used my old bullseye today for the first time. Looks so small compared to my Scotty. Have to admit though it did feel nice, will use it again on Sunday for a full round.

It certainly isn't going to be in the bag full time, unless it performs so well that I can't take it out

Do you ever put a putter in your hand that just feels like a natural fit? My White Hot Pro Rossie showed up last night and that's how I feel about that shape. I really wish I could get a center shaft version of it to try, especially a Toulon version.
Picture

Should I roll the Chicago or the TT Ten tomorrow? :unsure: Been awhile since I have had the Ten out for a round.

Should I roll the Chicago or the TT Ten tomorrow? :unsure: Been awhile since I have had the Ten out for a round.

TT Ten...only because i've been eyeballing them lately.

TT Ten...only because i've been eyeballing them lately.
Done, I will let you know how the round goes. If you hear loud screaming and crying, it will be the Chicago protesting having to stay home.

Rolled the armlock Odyssey double wide. It does feel awkward, but I rolled in 10-12 foot putts over and over. The armlock setup puts the putter head way up in the stance, and it is honestly easier to align a putt. Rock shoulders, the hands are locked into position, and the stroke is the same over and over. I really think if I spent some time with it, I would roll in a lot of putts. I see two drawbacks. One, I'm not sure about distance control on longer putts. I wouldn't call it a setup for feel, at least at this point. Two, I don't get the best initial roll. I was getting a little grinder skip off the face. I would have to spend time figuring out setup, ball position and stroke and then look at loft. There would be work to go this direction.
@golfunfiltered did a podcast recently on the armlock putter and his trials with one and it pretty much confirms your experience. You should give it a listen if you haven't already.

The Scotty is going back into the bag. As much as I like the look and feel of the bullseye, I just can’t game it. If I don’t strike it in the Center of the face it’s just not accurate enough

I will bring it out for the occasional round though

I am getting a kick out of peer pressure heckling and putters/putting. I get it -- all in fun. But underneath that we have a guy who won the US Open with a rigid unorthodox posture and armlock putter. Nobody is making how to videos like that. And some of the best putters on tour use armlock too (e.g., Simpson, Kuchar). And there are companies out there pushing innovative putter designs (e.g., LAB, SIK, Axis1, Odyssey TT). Not universal but at times I have seen all of these putters put down and people using them teased. Heck, I make fun of TT's overt visuals and think no way. At what point is "just having some fun" holding people back? I'm sure this comment will go over like a lead brick in a kiddie pool. I find it curious.

The two best putters I know that are over the age of 25 use unconventional putting styles. One uses a long putter and the other is arm lock and both carry a plus index. IMO golfers are much more accepting of unconventional grips/putting styles than they were 30 years ago when I was experimenting with a long putter.

Spent 2 hours on practice green yesterday. Brought 3 putters. One of the pros came out and asked why I wasn’t hitting balls or playing. Chatted for awhile, and he rolled some putts with my putters as we talked. His advice was simply that there isn’t a right or wrong way to putt: find my way.

Through it all I had an emergent thought about role of each hand. I have purposefully putted with my left hand dominant and a passive right hand. When I let my right hand have some authority in the stroke, I felt more in control of distance. I’ll have to keep working on this. I liked how that felt.

@golfunfiltered did a podcast recently on the armlock putter and his trials with one and it pretty much confirms your experience. You should give it a listen if you haven't already.

Edited a poorly worded no coffee post: I have followed and look forward to continued updates.

Last edited:
Spent 2 hours on practice green yesterday. Brought 3 putters. One of the pros came out and asked why I wasn’t hitting balls or playing. Chatted for awhile, and he rolled some putts with my putters as we talked. His advice was simply that there isn’t a right or wrong way to putt: find my way.

Through it all I had an emergent thought about role of each hand. I have purposefully putted with my left hand dominant and a passive right hand. When I let my right hand have some authority in the stroke, I felt more in control of distance. I’ll have to keep working on this. I liked how that felt.

Have you tried just putting with the right hand on the grip. If that works well then you could then lightly grip with the left as well

I find that when I am putting poorly, that I am gripping too tightly, releasing the grip pressure usually helps me out quite quickly

Have you tried just putting with the right hand on the grip. If that works well then you could then lightly grip with the left as well

I find that when I am putting poorly, that I am gripping too tightly, releasing the grip pressure usually helps me out quite quickly

I work on grip pressure in practice (maybe too passive at times) but have no idea what I've done on course lately. I would expect a death grip when I'm putting stressed. Good feedback. Thanks.

Yep, my Stroke Lab Rossie has been great. Been using it the past week and my playing partners say Im putting better than ever.

I work on grip pressure in practice (maybe too passive at times) but have no idea what I've done on course lately. I would expect a death grip when I'm putting stressed. Good feedback. Thanks.
Best drill ever for that? No thumbs on grip putting. Removed all tension and let’s you feel how the putter is supposed to flow through the stroke.

If that was the extent of his advice, he either didn't want to give away anything or is a poor instructor. While there are many ways to putt effectively there are several principles or characteristics that are shared by most all good putters.

If that was the extent of his advice, he either didn't want to give away anything or is a poor instructor. While there are many ways to putt effectively there are several principles or characteristics that are shared by most all good putters.

It wasn't a lesson. Just a discussion. But I could very much use putting lessons. That's a no brainer for me.

Just as with all clubs, I don't believe that one stroke fits all golfers. To your point, if you can make a consistent stroke time and again that is paramount to being a good putter. IMO it doesn't have to be "perfect", just consistent.

35 putts today with the TT Ten, is has been returned to its resting place in the back up bag. :banghead:

Won an awesome blade putter cover but have used the same mallet forever. Maybe it is time to start looking for a blade...

35 putts today with the TT Ten, is has been returned to its resting place in the back up bag. :banghead:
That's what happens when you use a metal detector as a putter.

Reactions: KEV
What number are you hoping to average per round?
I really want to stay in the 28-30 range. I don't hit a lot of GIR so one putts are where that comes into play. The Grint has me at 29.6 for the last HC rounds used and 31.2 for the last 20

Was funny because I hit 11/18 GIR yesterday but just didn't have a good putting day.

Back