I really want to stay in the 28-30 range. I don't hit a lot of GIR so one putts are where that comes into play. The Grint has me at 29.6 for the last HC rounds used and 31.2 for the last 20

Was funny because I hit 11/18 GIR yesterday but just didn't have a good putting day.
That's always the worst. Sometimes everything goes right, but in only one category.

Like you, It's my lack of G's IR that keep me stuck in my score range. But I have become quite proficient in getting up and down. Most of my bogeys come from 2 putts.

That's always the worst. Sometimes everything goes right, but in only one category.

Like you, It's my lack of G's IR that keep me stuck in my score range. But I have become quite proficient in getting up and down. Most of my bogeys come from 2 putts.
I would have no issue with 36 putts if I was hitting every GIR and making par every time. I'd be happy to shoot par every round.

I really want to stay in the 28-30 range. I don't hit a lot of GIR so one putts are where that comes into play. The Grint has me at 29.6 for the last HC rounds used and 31.2 for the last 20

Was funny because I hit 11/18 GIR yesterday but just didn't have a good putting day.
I’m averaging like 32 putts a round, so I need to get that down too

I would have no issue with 36 putts if I was hitting every GIR and making par every time. I'd be happy to shoot par every round.

I think about things like this. When I hit a lot of GIR, I have at least a few very long putts that are hard to read and judge. I can lag those to the wrong place for a 2nd putt. I often score better when I miss the green and can chip. Throwing chips lets me take out some of the complicated green terrain and I tend to put myself in better positions to make the putt. This is making me rethink what I'm trying to do with long putts. I think I"m always trying to make them.

I think about things like this. When I hit a lot of GIR, I have at least a few very long putts that are hard to read and judge. I can lag those to the wrong place for a 2nd putt. I often score better when I miss the green and can chip. Throwing chips lets me take out some of the complicated green terrain and I tend to put myself in better positions to make the putt. This is making me rethink what I'm trying to do with long putts. I think I"m always trying to make them.

I find an interesting inverse relationship with GIR and putts. When I hit more GIR, I end up with more putts but lower score. When i have a lower GIR, I end up with less putts and higher score. The goal for me is to mix the two, get more 1 putts and keep GIR high and putts low. If I could do that better, I might get good at this game. :D

I’m averaging like 32 putts a round, so I need to get that down too

Is the 32 a round include quite a few one putts or lots of 2 putts where you are burning edges? My whole thought is if I miss a green I'm going to get up and down with a one putt and save par. There will be some 2 putts, but I really like to avoid them when missing the green.

You guys got me curious about my stats for the year so I just checked it out and it looks like I'm averaging just under 32 putts/round. Under 32 putts this season was one of my goals so that's great. It might be the only goal I actually hit this season.

I play on what I would consider medium sized greens, but they do have quite a bit of slope and undulations. (the greens keeper knows them like the back of his hand and will put the pins in some crazy spots on ridges and such).
That being said, I have enough confidence to believe I can two putt from anyplace I am on the green and leave lag putts within a 2-3 foot radius of the hole. Not always but that is always my goal.
I know guys as yourself who would rather chip even from just on the fringe 1 foot than putt, and that works. It is a matter of confidence and what the stronger part of the game is IMO. Always go with your strengths.

You guys got me curious about my stats for the year so I just checked it out and it looks like I'm averaging just under 32 putts/round. Under 32 putts this season was one of my goals so that's great. It might be the only goal I actually hit this season.
Just checked mine and since the first of the year I am at 32. 6. Since the Chicago arrived, 30.6 so I'm just saying.

Reactions: KEV
Is the 32 a round include quite a few one putts or lots of 2 putts where you are burning edges? My whole thought is if I miss a green I'm going to get up and down with a one putt and save par. There will be some 2 putts, but I really like to avoid them when missing the green.
I’d say it includes a whole lot of two putts after a GIR - proximity to the hole on a GIR is 20-25 feet and those don’t tend to fall for me. A few one putts and some three putts in there.

I seem to have a similar pattern, last week I had a 27 putt day. My usual is about 32 but that up and down stuff because IM missing the GIR.

I’d say it includes a whole lot of two putts after a GIR - proximity to the hole on a GIR is 20-25 feet and those don’t tend to fall for me. A few one putts and some three putts in there.
You will have days though where the putter gets hot and you will drop a few of those 20-25 footers and those are fun days.
In the end it is all about lagging close and avoiding 3 putts. 3 putts just ruin the average.

I seem to have a similar pattern, last week I had a 27 putt day. My usual is about 32 but that up and down stuff because IM missing the GIR.
Those 25-29 putt days the hole just looks big like you can't miss it. Those are fun days.

As a reward for my Scotty being relegated for 2 rounds it is being treated to a new grip to replace the Fatso on it. Going back to a stock Scotty Pistelero

You will have days though where the putter gets hot and you will drop a few of those 20-25 footers and those are fun days.
In the end it is all about lagging close and avoiding 3 putts. 3 putts just ruin the average.
I can't remember the last time a dropped a long putt, that's kind of sad. I've left them close but nothing has dropped in a very long time.

Those 25-29 putt days the hole just looks big like you can't miss it. Those are fun days.
Yes they do. Unfortunately they seem to happen on days I’m not doing other things well. Love for it to happen when I have those birdie chances.

I’ve been following LowTide putters for a few months and finally pulled the trigger on one. Looks absolutely beautiful in person and truthfully, IMO, it’s the best feeling putter off the face and best balanced putter I’ve played. Got it in Friday, no practice, and had 28 putts Saturday.

F1318907-2499-4A1D-8FFF-60CE6ABE6E4F.jpegEC44E594-3807-4C76-B905-49DDF93C0726.jpeg8CC5A57F-1BD3-4B12-AA82-449E03ACEA67.jpeg153AFFF6-F935-49A2-B393-9525B18D3914.jpeg444DEE89-DFCC-4D8F-BEDC-BB88D2F74B4D.jpegE38E7B9A-AC8E-47C8-8056-3471429D6334.jpeg

I’ve been following LowTide putters for a few months and finally pulled the trigger on one. Looks absolutely beautiful in person and truthfully, IMO, it’s the best feeling putter off the face and best balanced putter I’ve played. Got it in Friday, no practice, and had 28 putts Saturday.

View attachment 8965882View attachment 8965883View attachment 8965884View attachment 8965885View attachment 8965886View attachment 8965887

Great looking putter, love the sight dot and flange lines.

View attachment 8965882View attachment 8965883View attachment 8965884View attachment 8965885View attachment 8965886View attachment 8965887
Wow!!! That does look great

Great looking putter, love the sight dot and flange lines.
Wow!!! That does look great
Yea I love the dot and flange lines!! really helped line up putts for me...ive honestly never know what "sight" I prefer when buying putters between top line, flange, sight dot, but I think this combo really suits my eye

Not feeling the love for my Superstroke fatso grip anymore. It is being removed as soon as the replacement arrives. Going to try to save it though if I can

My Piretti Cortino X arrived a short while ago. This putter sure is a beauty. :cool:

20200929_160351.jpg 20200929_160411.jpg

20200929_160441.jpg

20200929_160502.jpg

Back