I have no doubt in my mind that this dude has a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be driving a Titleist"

I disagree, I think it will say, "I'd rather be driving a Bettinardi." :laughing:

Saturday I had 1 three putt, but I missed so many shorties for Par inside 5 feet including a missed 5 footer for bogey. Annoying to throw away so many strokes.

Sunday I worked on lightening my grip pressure with putter and the roll was infinitely better. Obviously going to stick with this since I had 0 three putts and made those important shorties.

I am fully settled in with a regular reverse overlap grip. 28 putts on Saturday and feeling confident on the greens again. Playing a PB Dye course this weekend where there isn’t a straight putt on the course, so we’ll see how that goes.

The practice is paying off.. I putted really well last round with no 3 putts.. I'm hoping I can do that more consistently

Putting has been the weakest part of my game for several years now. Really weak on 4ft to 5ft putts as some of you have seen in past THP event from a few years back. I've gotten into some bad habits. Lost confidence in putting. Scared on short putts. Almost trying to look the ball into the hole. Causing my head and body to move in the process.

I'm going to try and have just two thoughts for a while on putting and see if I can at least break that habit of following the putt with my head and eyes. I want to keep looking down and listen for the ball to drop. Also keep the back of my left hand pointing at the target line.

what is the miura km-008
who has one?

My putting, once a strength, is now a weakness. Using an Odyssey #9 model, just for information. Haven't changed stance/grip/stroke that I'm aware of, but just don't feel the same over the ball as I used to. Tomorrow will be a putting session, amongst other work. Just wanted to gripe about it, thanks for reading.

Moving to the Betti has been great for me this year. Making some big ones

it's better when the stroke goes *POP* too

Back to an old trusty putter (from the previous era of last year) and made some setup and stroke changes. Putting much better lately. I have competitive rounds this weekend. If I putt reasonably well, I have a shot. I will additionally do something I have never done before: use a line at times. On the practice green I am seeing clear benefits. I am, however, slow and feel awkward doing it. I may even go with pix balls that @Jman and others rave about. That type of "line" seems to work better for me than a single dark one. But I also love, love, love my Bridgestone B X. I will play a practice round today and explore these ideas on course. Love having putting confidence again.

I moved from an exo 7 to the Cleveland Frontline Elevado slant neck and my putting has been much better this year. I also picked up a Huntington Beach 11s as my practice putter and I love the feel of it. I may have to get it out on the course but I have so much confidence in the Frontline that I don't want to mess anything up.

I'm still putting lights out with the Indy but I think I'll throw the SeeMore Si3 in the bag next round. I bought that thing and it's barely even seen the course.

Been struggling with the putter as of late so ive tried experimenting with other/old putters and I now am confident that the stroke lab shaft helps give me the best tempo by far. Maybe I havent found the perfect putter head yet but I have to have a stroke lab shaft no matter what.

Got notification from Cody James today, my custom putter is in the mail and heading my way.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Do you keep your putters in pristine condition?
During my recent fitting the Callaway rep was kind of joking with me, that after every time I hit a ball off the sensor plate, I would wipe off the club face and sole. “You’re not even touching a blade of grass” 🤷‍♂️

During my recent fitting the Callaway rep was kind of joking with me, that after every time I hit a ball off the sensor plate, I would wipe off the club face and sole. “You’re not even touching a blade of grass” 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I do try to keep them clean, at least the ones I use on the course. All the others never leave my den.

A putter is meant to be cherished and treated like a precious instrument. I'm with you, I baby my putter.

what is the miura km-008
who has one?

I saw that on Instagram - who knew it was headed to you?! Wow 😳

According to Cody Cawthron (Owner) there were several people after he had posted the pictures who wanted to buy this putter. The Celtic Knot on the neck and the phrase, "The Hammer Strikes" were my ideas. ;)

Back