I think how it feels when you grip it is very important. If it's the right shape for you, then give it a go. Best of luck with the new grip. Hope you sink more putts!

I have 27 holes on it so far and I feel I putt a better roll and stroke on the ball. My distance control still isnt there but thats from not playing much this year. But I feel the roll and stroke is much better and feels much better

Walk into pro shop and they ask if they can help me. I say I'm there to spend my league winnings. Instant response: Todd we're not going to sell you another putter. Think I should read anything into that? :rolleyes:

Heading out in an hour or so to hit the JPX921 line again and have plans to spend a few minutes rolling 2 armlock putters there (Odyssey double wide and Ping Valor). I may need an intervention.

Walk into pro shop and they ask if they can help me. I say I'm there to spend my league winnings. Instant response: Todd we're not going to sell you another putter. Think I should read anything into that? :rolleyes:

Heading out in an hour or so to hit the JPX921 line again and have plans to spend a few minutes rolling 2 armlock putters there (Odyssey double wide and Ping Valor). I may need an intervention.

Waiting 4-5 weeks for a new putter is testing my patience.

Rolled the armlock Odyssey double wide. It does feel awkward, but I rolled in 10-12 foot putts over and over. The armlock setup puts the putter head way up in the stance, and it is honestly easier to align a putt. Rock shoulders, the hands are locked into position, and the stroke is the same over and over. I really think if I spent some time with it, I would roll in a lot of putts. I see two drawbacks. One, I'm not sure about distance control on longer putts. I wouldn't call it a setup for feel, at least at this point. Two, I don't get the best initial roll. I was getting a little grinder skip off the face. I would have to spend time figuring out setup, ball position and stroke and then look at loft. There would be work to go this direction.

Rolled the armlock Odyssey double wide. It does feel awkward, but I rolled in 10-12 foot putts over and over. The armlock setup puts the putter head way up in the stance, and it is honestly easier to align a putt. Rock shoulders, the hands are locked into position, and the stroke is the same over and over. I really think if I spent some time with it, I would roll in a lot of putts. I see two drawbacks. One, I'm not sure about distance control on longer putts. I wouldn't call it a setup for feel, at least at this point. Two, I don't get the best initial roll. I was getting a little grinder skip off the face. I would have to spend time figuring out setup, ball position and stroke and then look at loft. There would be work to go this direction.
I get what you are saying, it seems like it would be totally different from conventional putting method. Some make it work and look easy, others not so much.
Stick with the Chicago and you will be golden. :D

I get what you are saying, it seems like it would be totally different from conventional putting method. Some make it work and look easy, others not so much.
Stick with the Chicago and you will be golden. :D

I like to explore. I don’t know that I would actually start putting with an armlock ... I would enjoy running against the grain. 😈

Chicago will be used in many rounds over years. It’s a keeper. It is $ on faster greens. I struggle a bit when my home course greens roll like molasses. I need a canon.

I like to explore. I don’t know that I would actually start putting with an armlock ... I would enjoy running against the grain. 😈

Chicago will be used in many rounds over years. It’s a keeper. It is $ on faster greens. I struggle a bit when my home course greens roll like molasses. I need a canon.
I have been contemplating taking the TT Ten out for a run this weekend, but I just see the Chicago sitting there and can disappoint it.

I hope that **** bird can't sell it for 300 let alone 1,500.
Shipping is only $20 and you can get a 2-year protection plan by SquareTrade for $69.99...

Two putters showed up at my house today and my wife asked why I needed two more when I already have multiple putters. For some reason she didn't like the answer of "I was running out of golf club boxes to ship with so I need to buy clubs". Someday she'll be a problem solver like me.

I have 5 fun putter covers and only one blade putter... that should change this fall golf season

Two putters showed up at my house today and my wife asked why I needed two more when I already have multiple putters. For some reason she didn't like the answer of "I was running out of golf club boxes to ship with so I need to buy clubs". Someday she'll be a problem solver like me.

Have to say that that sounds vaguely familiar. Glad I'm not the only one who's had similar problems. :laughing:

The flatstick was on fire yesterday! It seemed to get even better as the sunlight started to fade away. Coming in I had 3 one putts for birdie or par coming in on the last three holes. It was dark & my playing partners were like, "dude you put better in the dark!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Playing a course today with fast greens that roll true. I can't wait, although I typically have a couple of wild rides on the first two greens as I adjust. Which putter should come out to play today? Whack a mole Tuttle, center shafted Bobby Grace, or city slicker Chicago? ;)

The flatstick was on fire yesterday! It seemed to get even better as the sunlight started to fade away. Coming in I had 3 one putts for birdie or par coming in on the last three holes. It was dark & my playing partners were like, "dude you put better in the dark!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Where did you play? We need to set something up for real.

Back