BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately, my putting has been very off. I have a Nike Method Core 1i and I love it, I just cannot seem to get anything going. I am leaving putts short, and missing medium length putts (7-12') that I feel I should be making. Is there something besides just working on these putts on the putting greens that I can be doing?

Thanks,
BulldogsGolf:clapp:

This is the ask the pro section. Lets keep this one clear until GolfTEC has had a chance to come in and assist the readers. Thanks.

Lately, my putting has been very off. I have a Nike Method Core 1i and I love it, I just cannot seem to get anything going. I am leaving putts short, and missing medium length putts (7-12') that I feel I should be making. Is there something besides just working on these putts on the putting greens that I can be doing?

Thanks,
BulldogsGolf:clapp:

Bulldogsgolf,

Usually when there is distance control issues in putting, I am going to see excess body movement. So pay attention to what your body(hips, shoulders, and head) are doing during the putting stroke. Watch Chris Riley, Brad Faxon, Ben Crenshaw putt. You will see no excessive body movements. So stay still!

Here are a few stats that our friends at EyeLine Golf ,who specialize in putting training aides, have found about % of putts made for PGA Tour players in 2010.

At 3 to 5 feet from the hole PGA Tour players made 88% of putts attempted
At 5 to 10 feet from the hole PGA Tour players made 57% of putts attempted
At 10 to 15 feet from the hole PGA Tour players made 33% of putts attempted
At 15 to 20 feet from the hole PGA Tour players made 19% of putts attempted
At 20 to 25 feet from the hole PGA Tour players made 14% of putts attempted

Pretty interesting stats! So don't beat yourself up about missing those putts. Just keep practicing!

Lance West
PGA Member
GolfTEC-Minnetonka, MN

Thank you very much! I will search some videos of those guys putting.

BulldogsGolf

Back