Putting for Birdie,, took an 8.

Seeing a rediculous pin placement...

Then making a three or more putt...

I grew up playing Irem. The 13th green which demolished you is sly...It's not in the top 5 of diabolical greens there though. 2/3/9/16 and 17 are more challenging. I played Stonehedge Thursday. What a decent place that has turned out to be. A good bud is member at Scranton but no guests allowed so we played Stonehedge.
13 pin placement was front right and when taking a good look at that first putt, it never crossed my mind that going past the hole was death.
We only played the back so I only saw 16 and 17. Hit the trees on the right with my drive on 16 so that screwed up that hole. On 17 I hit a tight little draw 7 iron from 180ish to dead pin high. Problem was the pin was back left and I hit the down slope and off the green.
I saw enough of that course that I can't wait to play it again.
Stonehenge has turned into a great place to play. It has enough length to challenge most of your bag. I played it a good month ago and it was in great condition even then.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I played with a pro today at the IREM country club in Dallas PA. Its owned by the shriners and is an very old but nice tract. Build by Tillinghast. Might not be spelled right. Course is almost 100 years old. Devilish greens that are lightning quick with breaks and ridges you really can't see.
Anyways played from the championship tees and the back nine. Started off well enough. Made par, bogeyed the next with a lip out after I put myself in jail on the wrong side of the green.
Next hole is a par 5 fairly long dog leg right. I hit a great drive but I'm 265 out. So I lay up to 110. Hit a perfect GW that hits right of the pin and spins left... right past the hole and we thought it was going in. Winds up 5' away on the same level as the hole
He chips in from off the green for birdie so I have to make this putt. I'm just a bit aggressive and the putt lips out and just about stops about a foot past the hole. It takes a slow but hard right turn and painstaking rolls all the way down and off the green. Took about 30 seconds to get there.
I now have a 25 footer up the hill to make par. Just miss the putt but it goes 4' past. Now I know how delicate this putt will be and I just nudge the ball. It turns hard again and takes the ride all the way off the green again but not quite as far away this time, almost took as long. I'm about to lose my mind. He is trying not to laugh, but it gets the best of him.
I hit another putt that luckily stops below the hole and tap in for an 8.... i was toast for the rest of the round.
The rest of the holes were just as ridiculous. I was on in regulation for almost the rest of the holes but not a single par did I make. Wildly frustrated..... but can't wait to play it again.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had enough time to pull a "Phil", take your two strokes, and tap in for a... what... 7? Could have saved a stroke with quick course management.

Back