Putting Instruction Apps

Thought this deserved its own thread.

Honestly, at the moment no apps. Maybe that needs to change soon.

No apps other than the ones that allow me to send video to instructors. I wish an app could make me a better putter

I am kind of baffled that this doesn't exist already.
@seemoreputters should definitely do this.

Only one I can think of was the PING iCradle app a while back, but that didn't really offer a ton of instruction, just some information on your stroke.

I'm always interested in getting better at putting, so count me as intrigued.

I think some of the swing analyzers that use motion-sensing attachments include putting instruction in their apps. Things like Blast Motion, 3Bays, and SwingByte.

none, but i like the idea of an app, setup my phone and go.

I tried Zepp Golf for the full swing, but I didn’t think the feedback was all that useful in terms of providing guidance that improved my results. Right now the best approach for me is working with some instructional videos and comparing my recorded swing. That, and using the Shot Data function in my sim league

i’d be interested in an app that could help with diagnostics, not to mention putter fitting.

Keep us (THP) in mind when you’re looking for tester feedback!

I've used Blast Golf and Tour Tempo - Short Game

I haven't used a putter app. However, I am definitely interested in seeing what @seemoreputters has brewing in their "skunk works".

Used the Ping app before but wasn’t all that great, had a good concept but just seemed like it wasn’t quite there. Liked the cradle idea, would be great if one could help on tempo and training with returning the club a impact to a spot that gave feedback.

I have a Swingbyte 2 that I would use to check my stroke but there was no instruction that came along with it. Out of any part of the game I would think a putting app has three potential to be the easiest to learn from and help the most.

Agree with iPING app, much more difficult now that they don't have updated cradle's for new phones. Probably not a very accurate representation of your stroke once you attach a 1 lb. phone to your putter though.

Back