Putting Mats for home use

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wanting to get a putting mat to use at home.

Searching on Amazon brings up a couple of interesting ones which have me pondering them.

This one will show ball trace as it rolls and can adjusted to be used for different speeds.
Varispeed Putting System

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this one?

Another I am considering is this one. Has some of the same features as above one.
ProAdvanced Putting Mat

I do know about WellPutt, just trying to limit to under $100 at the moment. :dohanim:

I have the SKLZ Accelerator putting mat and it is okay (3,5,7’ putts).

If I were buying again I’d go with a WellPutt and the PuttOut training aid. At some point I will probably go this route unless I build a large synthetic green in my yard.

Both of those look awesome. Definitely seem a little better than my Puttout mat.

I have this exact mat.

1FA44AE7-F090-48D6-8E60-C0C9EB1A9A31.jpeg

I use my PuttOUT with it and fine the mat to be useful in seeing where your putt moves along the line. You can add curves and brush the mat to change speed levels. One direction is faster than another.

I do have one issue. After a few putts, if you don’t brush the mat back, your ball will follow the line created. So you could try to putt differently and it will track the old line. You just have to brush the mat.

Not an issue but the mat is a bit narrow. I wish it was about a foot and a half wider to help practice more angle putts

Any putting mat or even placing a coffee cup on the carpet can help you become a better putter. Practicing and repetition is the key. A good practice tip is to use range balls that have that continuous line all the way around them (or use a marker and make your own line on any golf ball) and line them up at your target. You’re making good contact with the face if that line stays true all the way to your target. If the line wobbles, you’re either coming though the stroke too open or closed...and you most likely missed.

Stay tuned to later this week. We are going to unbox a new putting mat for THP Lab. Its the Big Murph and possibly my favorite I have ever used. We reviewed it years ago, and the company has made some changes.

Stay tuned to later this week. We are going to unbox a new putting mat for THP Lab. Its the Big Murph and possibly my favorite I have ever used. We reviewed it years ago, and the company has made some changes.

That is a fun name

Count me intrigued....

With that name, I gotta think the mat is going to be BIG ;)

Their website shows a $25 off through the end of this week.

Awesome. Will keep my eye open on that post, will even delay my purchase. :ROFLMAO:

I have a Perfect Practice putting mat and have enjoyed it.

I just got a birdie ball putting mat. I haven't put it through the paces yet but seems interesting. Ill keep you updated.

Big moss putting green all the way. Definitely call or email the info on their website to get in touch with the owner Tony. He almost always tosses you a deal and if you live near mchenry Illinois he’ll definitely make it worth your while to drive on over. Great product, great company, great to deal with and can’t say enough great things about him.

The Big Murph.....Gotta take a look at that

The Big Murph.....Gotta take a look at that

I have tried them all and it is the best I have used. The speeds are insane and so many possibilities.

I’ve had a Birdie Ball putting mat for 3 years now. I love it. I also got the accessory kit for breaks but I don’t use the breaks much. I just use it to groove my stroke and hit 10 foot straight putts.
I DO recommend getting the seperate mat to stand on though so you are the same height as the mat.

Again, can’t say anything bad about it. Spring comes I roll it back up.

I got the Maxfli from Dicks. Good for me to work on my stroke and putting it on line.

I have tried them all and it is the best I have used. The speeds are insane and so many possibilities.

Can't wait for your feedback ?. Looking up the product now.I got training mat that has been fun and aided some training nothing special. I need to see benefits to upgrading. Added Puttout this week to add.

Edited: Great looking mat, however outside my budget. still following for the actual comments.

15801511648508927252175298393527.jpg

Works great for me at home. And dirt cheap. :drinks:

When you say "speeds are insane" as in they are really fast or really lifelike feeling?

Something I forgot to mention with the Birdie Ball mat is that because it is thick the surface it is on has nothing to do with the roll.
I can lay this down on a concrete slab or some 1970’s Brady Bunch/Partridge family shag carpeting and it’ll roll the same.
Some of the thin Putting mats are too quick if you put them on concrete and slow/bumpy on pile carpeting.

View attachment 8925110

Works great for me at home. And dirt cheap. :drinks:
I tried one of these awhile back, the one that returns the ball to you. Something was wrong with it, I couldn't miss with it from any distance. Almost like the line was already grooved on it :ROFLMAO:

Something I forgot to mention with the Birdie Ball mat is that because it is thick the surface it is on has nothing to do with the roll.
I can lay this down on a concrete slab or some 1970’s Brady Bunch/Partridge family shag carpeting and it’ll roll the same.
Some of the thin Putting mats are too quick if you put them on concrete and slow/bumpy on pile carpeting.
Good info on that. I would be putting mine in our game room which is on carpet. Not Brady Bunch deep shag though. :ROFLMAO:

Back