Putting Mats for home use

Stay tuned to later this week. We are going to unbox a new putting mat for THP Lab. Its the Big Murph and possibly my favorite I have ever used. We reviewed it years ago, and the company has made some changes.
With that name, I gotta think the mat is going to be BIG ;)

Anyone else think of this song?

1580164325635.png
"Big Murph! So much larger than life..."

Something I forgot to mention with the Birdie Ball mat is that because it is thick the surface it is on has nothing to do with the roll.
I can lay this down on a concrete slab or some 1970’s Brady Bunch/Partridge family shag carpeting and it’ll roll the same.
Some of the thin Putting mats are too quick if you put them on concrete and slow/bumpy on pile carpeting.

Funny...my experience with my birdieball green was that it was much slower when on top of thicker carpeting, and didn't roll as true.
I loved my birdieball green at first (I had a 4 ft x 18 ft monster!), but after a few years it didn't roll as well. Also got torn up when I left it out for a party & kids and/or dogs walked over it/played on it. IMO it is pretty easy to tear up.

It is a decent price though.

I just had a look at the Big Murph and it certainly looks the goods. It's most likely on my radar once I get this house renovation finished.

BE CAREFUL: When trying to load the pics on a MAC, the site kept trying to send me to an external website to download Flash Player and I'm pretty sure it was trying to load MalWare. I checked and my computer already had the latest Flash on it--BE CAREFUL1

Is that price on the website correct? If so, it's 1/3 of the way to a set ot Titleist T400's for me. Why is everything for golf so $$$$?

Only putting mat that I’ve used was the BirdieBall. Enjoyed it for awhile & allowed for different speeds based on which direction you were putting from.

Interested to see what the Big Murphy provides...

I use a Tour Links. Love it.

No experience with the putting greens in the OP, but, like @B81Smith posted, Big Moss is definitely worth seriously considering. I am on about year 10 with mine.

Started a thread on the ones I was speaking of. Best I have used

I treated myself to a 10ft matt from FORB just before Christmas. It's without a doubt the best matt I have ever bought. Comes in 2 sizes; 10ft or 12ft with a 2" incline nearer the 3 holes. Really is the best quality matt I've ever used.

Stay tuned to later this week. We are going to unbox a new putting mat for THP Lab. Its the Big Murph and possibly my favorite I have ever used. We reviewed it years ago, and the company has made some changes.
I'm definitely in the market for a new putting mat over the coming weeks - will be watching this with interest.

I have had a birdie ball for a few years and like it very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with the putting greens in the OP, but, like @B81Smith posted, Big Moss is definitely worth seriously considering. I am on about year 10 with mine.
I too have the high impact chipping mats from Big Moss and they’re fantastic. Highly recommended.

What made you pick this one over the Varispeed?
They are both very similar products, so I figured I had a 50/50 chance of picking the best one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's working out pretty well so far. Spent a couple hours putting and getting a feel for the various speeds.

I have had a birdie ball for a few years and like it very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Birdieball green got too beat up, and I felt like the ball was rolling inconsistently after a few years. I do feel like I got my money's worth from it though.

My putting mat has already begun to groove in the center. I know I am not a good putter....yet, but I am making just about everything on this one, it has to be defective. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So it's getting boxed up and going back.

Ended up ordering a BirdieBall 12ft mat with 3 holes, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. Should be here later this week. (y)

I need to catch a ticket on this train. It would be great to practice putting at home. Will check out the big murph.

A little putting practice tonight. Not perfectly flat yet, as I just unrolled it, but will be fun to get some putts in. (y)

E74DA7F3-734C-49D5-959F-C3CBD7A408A7.jpeg

I have the smaller Big Moss, the "Original," I think it is.

It's great and incredibly durable. Had to get that size because back in NY, the only place I could put it was in the upstairs hallway.

It was layed out for years under all foot traffic apart from just my putting and the dogs loved to sleep on it.

Here in NC, for 3 of 4 years it's been in a corner of the basement. Used semi-regularly but still walked on and over way more than just putting. And although down to one dog from three, he still loves to sleep on it.

I always vacuum on full power, never babied it, and it's still good as new. Do find that vacuuming across works better than length-wise as for removing pet hair.

I bought a BirdieBall and love it. Had it for 3 months now and have no complaints at all. Are there better mats out there?? Probably yes, but this one is perfect for what I wanted and not breaking the bank. Between the 15% off discount code and the secret code to get an automatic free 2 foot extension, I got a 4ft by 16ft mat for $200

Mine is in the basement and out of the way from anything. Its an unfinished basement and cement floor so theres nothing down there that can damage it. I sweep it every other week to clear any minimal dust and supposedly it helps with one way rolling slightly faster on the stimpmeter.

For me its the perfect mat to stay golf active during the winter....and realistically the one thing thats going to lower my scores

Back