Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
You ever like all of a sudden find you're putting well for no apparent reason?

I've been kind of a run of the mill putter over the last 15 years or so, but this season, aside from a week or so and in Vegas coming out of Winter, I've been making more putts outside say 6 feet. I have no idea why. To the best of my knowledge I haven't changed anything, and I know I haven't practiced. I've been hitting the ball worse than I like, but man, you toss a couple birdie or par save putts into the mix and you can still score a little bit. Birdies can win some skinny, skin, skins money in the men's club, too.

It seems to be feeding on itself. Weird, but I like it, and hope it keeps up until my driver and mid-irons come around. Somebody pinch me.

Kevin

I hope you are superstitious! Making putts feels like a million bucks.

I've had that feeling, currently going through one. It was preceded by a week of missing every 3-6 foot putt in front of me. I hope it isn't a cycle.

~Rock

thats great esox! i think confidence has a lot to do with it. i know i completely lost mine in Florida and im slowing starting to gain it back now that i am home and think i fixed some minor issues i had.

I have had those streaks and they are always followed by weeks of I can't make crap...LOL

Enjoy it while you can!

Its a silly little thing called confidence. (which feeds off itself) Keep it up. And keep expecting everything inside 8' to find the bottom of the cup.

Nope.

Maybe this week though....maybe not.

Nothing like sound of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup from outside of 6 feet. Good stuff man, keep it up!

Great to hear Esox. I unfortunately am heading the other way at the moment. 3 putting from 10 feet twice last night :banghead:

Back