Putting with a glove

Deano

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you take your glove off when you putt? If so, why?

I know a lot of people say they have a better feel without a glove. Would you agree with this?

Personally, I rarely take mine off, mainly due to being lazy - unless it's raining and then I'll try and take it off inbetween every shot, regardless.

I always wear my glove. For the most part it's just laziness. Maybe that explains my putting woes?

I putt with mine on.

Arguably the most clutch putter ever putted with his glove on, didn't seem to have much of a problem with feel and he won his fair share of majors

I always remove my glove if I am using one at all. I typically play without one but when I do, it is only for full shots. Ii is just more comfortable to me.

I have found I am no more accurate when taking my glove off, so I have defaulted to leaving it on. I will take it off in the middle of the summer purely to minimize the time for it to be soaked with sweat.

If I wear a glove it stays on...hardly wear a glove.

I leave mine on. I don't think it really makes any difference in feel or how well or poorly I'll hit the putt. At least I'm never walking up on the tee, first, wasting a few seconds fidgiting to get my glove on correctly. Also I think my gloves might last a bit longer by not being constantly stretched on and off. (I like a tight glove). If it's a hot humid day I rotate a several gloves to prevent sweating them too bad. Sometimes I'll putt without one in between rotations and it makes no difference, one way or the other, (for me).

I typically take my glove off, yes.

I always remove my glove if I am using one at all. I typically play without one but when I do, it is only for full shots. Ii is just more comfortable to me.

Same for me. If it is a partial shot I don't wear it and even during a round I will sometimes wear and sometimes not for full shots.

I always tale mine off if I wear one at all. The feel is better for me without

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I always take the glove off for putting. In fact I usually remove it after every shot.

Always take it off in season - will leave winter/rain gloves on though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you take your glove off when you putt? If so, why?

I know a lot of people say they have a better feel without a glove. Would you agree with this?

Personally, I rarely take mine off, mainly due to being lazy - unless it's raining and then I'll try and take it off inbetween every shot, regardless.
Interesting you say when it's raining you take it off between every shot.

For me I am inconsistent when it comes to removal between golf shots, but always while putting. I want to feel the putter grip in the same spot in my hand every time.

When it's raining steadily I'm normally committed to a rain glove(s) and I will not take it off for the entire round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I go both ways. Most of the time it is off but every once in a while it just feels better. Can't explain why... just weird I guess!

Interesting you say when it's raining you take it off between every shot.

I don't have any rain gloves so strive to keep the glove dry & in fairly good shape.

i never putt with a glove. robs me of a little bit of feel and touch. just personal preference though.

I take off my glove to putt and chip. Better feel for a softer grip is my reason.

Usually forget or don't bother because I'll get up to the next tee gloveless because I didn't put it back on. I don't think it makes any difference for me anyways.

I rarely ever use a golf glove to begin with but on those odd rounds that I do i'm married to it and it stays on for every shot for the full 18

Always take it off. I'm actually surprised to see this many posters saying they putt with it on. I feel like the vast majority of the people I play with or see on the course remove it to putt.

I take my glove off for pitching on in. So any shot thats a partial wedge down to putting is glove off.

I play with one on the whole round. I usually sweat a lot. It's hard trying to get a wet glove on a sweaty hand.
If it's real hot out, I change gloves every 6 holes. Hang the wet ones onto the cart roof handles, and let them dry out.

I don't use a glove for irons, wedges, or putters. I like to feel the shot or putt.

I leave it on, I prefer to putt with my glove on.

Back