Putting with the flagstick in. Yes or no?

Putt with the pin in or out?

• In

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Out

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • In for long putts and out for the short putts

Votes: 33 38.4%

• Total voters
Poll needs an option for don't care. I'll putt either way.

I chose in for long, out for short but in reality, I’m not fussy and will go with whatever the group I’m playing with prefers...

I voted my preference, which is in for long and out for short, but in reality, with Covid, it is always in

In for the sake of Speed and It doesn't bother me But I will leave it out if someone already pulled it usually.
Covid pretty much took care of that for me last year since most places were stick in permanently.

In. Have been leaving it in for many years when playing solo rounds. Started doing it for all rounds once the rules allowed for it.

I picked the last option for the poll, but it still really doesn't matter around here, not supposed to touch anything.

I am generally fine with it in. For short putts I usually only pull it if the flag is flapping a lot and it distracts me or if the flag is leading.

Proud member of The Old School.

I hate having it in....

Doesn't matter to me either way and usually go with what the group wants to do. If windy and pin is leaning towards me, it is getting pulled or tended by a playing partner.

My preference is to never have the pin pulled again. Ever. Alas, some of my regular playing partners like it out. So I'm sure I'll have to putt at a pinless hole occasionally

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have had some short putts hit a flagpole and bounce out. I am confident they would have gone in without the pole. Note too that the pole in those cases had an extra hard plastic sleeve that is part of the mechanism for removing the ball. That makes the pole diameter significantly larger.

In general I have softened to leaving the “normal” flag in for most putts. It is faster, no doubt.

In. Playing on a time crunch early am - I do whatever I can to speed it up

At first I didn’t really care for it but now I actually like leaving the flagstick in

I hate it. I'm a back of the hole putter.

I'm in the long putt keep it in and short putt pull it crowd.

I played Wednesday and was thinking about a side effect of leaviing it in. There are 4 holes on my home course on which you can only see the top of the pin from the fairway. We used to be able to tell when the green was clearing when we saw the flag being put back in. That signal doesn't apply with people leaving the pin in to putt, so we have to send someone up to watch and signal when the green clears.

At this point, its been so long with it in.....I literally couldnt care less. Whatever is fastest. lol

I think enough studies have shown that having in more likely to cause problems than to help. I would only leave in on a 40' or longer putt if I had the option but we still have them in because of COVID

Used to pull the flag on putts of about 6’ and in. I found keeping the flag put me off. However, having been forced to putt with the flag in for the last 12 months, I’m now totally fine with it, and will probably never pull another flag in my life!

Solo rounds probably keeping it in... 4 domes will probably take it out

I prefer to putt with it in because i'm too lazy to want to take it in and out.

Two options....1/2 of my golf I play solo and leave flag in as it just slows play to fiddle with it. With group play typically one of group prefers it out so that's what is done.

In. There is a subtle depth perception cue that really helps me on all putts with the flag in. I think it’s an advantage having it in.

I got pin denied twice in about a week recently on ones I'm confident would have fallen with it out (one chip, I've putt), but it had been so long since the last time I can't even remember it. So I voted in.

It helps my stupid left side vision too.

Back