PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer Premium

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

The first new development of the new Trainer is the addition of an alignment stick holder towards the top of the Trainer’s ramp. The new feature acts as a rubber grip for a soon-to-be-released Alignment Stick Set from PuttOUT, but can also be paired with the player’s existing alignment stick setup.

The inspiration came when noting one of the most commonly used putting drills outdoors, and wanting to allow for the player to do the same indoors — ‘The String Drill’ — where a length of string is elevated over the players intended putting line, but is replaced with a more sturdy alignment stick.

The additional feature is to ensure the PuttOUT range is growing, but also that all products have the ability to fit hand-in-hand with one another in a well-defined ecosystem of products.

The second improvement to the Premium Trainer is the introduction of the three mid-way dot targets on the larger rubber circle target (the circle replicating a regulation golf hole). The smaller targets allow the player to focus in and use them either as another common target — especially for those who prefer to aim towards the back of the cup on putts (or place tee pegs in the back of the hole to aim towards) but can also be used to allow the player to adjust to slight breaks of the putting surface in their practice. Knowing that grass putting greens are rarely flat, and a player’s floors at home are rarely perfectly level, this addition was wholly welcomed by testers.

The third notable update to the product is the replacement of the fold-down micro- target. The introduction of a new, supremely more visible ‘pop-down’ target instead, was based on feedback from players noting they would sometimes “lose the aiming point” from their standing position and eye angle when the micro-target was in the ‘open’ position. The decision to add a ever-present, more vibrant target to the ramp was deemed an essential upgrade.

Other updates to the product include: a taller ramp to allow for longer putts (a putt reaching the top of the ramp is an added 10’ on the putt. e.g. a putt is hit from 6’ away from the Trainer to the top of the ramp, the ball would have actually travelled 16’ on a flat green); more defined underside spikes for better traction; heavier base (35g added) for increased stability; a revisited folding design, made to have a smoother mechanism and more securely locked ‘closed’ position.

The Premium model has taken it’s cue from the success of the newly renamed, ‘Classic’ model in retaining its hyperbolic ball-returning ramp shape, as well as it’s fiendishly precise size of the micro-target.

Price: $39.99

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 5.34.52 AM.png

I finally need to take the jump & dive into purchasing one of these. I have the area both inside & out to place a putting green.

Like the classic, and this seems like a good update with some improvements.

Just this week I started working with my classic I received for Christmas. This looks like a good evolution of a great product.

Sounds like they have addressed all of the smaller shortfalls of the original. Still have to be one of the top bang for the buck trainings aids out there.

One of the best putting training aids of all time looks to be getting better. Cannot wait to get my hands on one.

Don't rest after making the best putting trainer out there. Make it better.

My putt out hasn't gotten much use lately with the perfect practice matt, but kts definitely a good product.

Would have loved to see a ball return for when you get it in the perfect hole. Like a little triggered battery operated bump to push your ball up and out so it rolls back. But then again for when we make the perfect putt most of us aren't 10+ feet away, so I guess I'm just being lazy

Any ideas when this one will release? I’m not seeing it on the website.

Great info. Will definitely be picking one of these up!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Need to use it more. Have 4 separate cups in floor of my sim so use them for most putting practice.

Probably the best training aid I have ever used. Still have the original and this looks improved to those that haven’t tried yet.

Posted this in the picture of the day thread the other day. It’s a great training tool and this was my best perfect putt to date. Logo up!
72F1EEBD-9AA8-467A-8F79-35B951985AFE.jpeg

I guess I’ll be that guy.

I don’t really see an additional $10 of value in this “improved” model. I see the same putting aid with a few changes to supposedly address problems I never had with the original.

I’ll stick with my Classic which is already an awesome putting aid.

Use the "classic" everyday and love it. I like the new features and would like to give this the "ol college" try when they're available.

I'm with @KingsKraken. I don't see the added value. Maybe it's in the way I use mine. The thing I like about it is the large bottom disc being the exact shape and size of that at which I'll be aiming on the greens. So that's what I aim for: The center of that big round disk.

I will say my PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer is one of my favorite golf training aids so far.

I don’t really see an additional $10 of value in this “improved” model. I see the same putting aid with a few changes to supposedly address problems I never had with the original.

Agreed. I looked at it and after reading the blurb, I get why some people would want these new features but it's definitely not worth replacing the now "classic" version I have, especially when the classic is $39 CAD on a good day at most places so this will probably come in ~$50ish CAD

New users, I can see giving them this choice, existing users are most likely not going to need to upgrade

I have the original. I use it a few time a week. With my well putt mat.

Hopefully when it comes in for review we can show the changes in a better light. I’m curious to see just how they work, and if it does make it a more versatile training aid which I would love to see.

Oh, and that new mirror looks SLEEK!

Yes saw that one yesterday as well.
I love the OG mirror. It’s so useful it’s scary. If this one is more sleek like it looks, might need to get some for my HS kids to throw in their bags.

I heard the same thing on social media and honestly I kind of agree. I think those that didn't use one might enjoy the premium, those that have the "Classic" probably don't see a need to upgrade.

Probably the best training aid I have ever used. Still have the original and this looks improved to those that haven’t tried yet.
I think it’s cool that they’re trying to evolve it, better than staying stagnant. The alignment stick part is the one I want to see most in hand, curious about how that will work.

I think it’s cool that they’re trying to evolve it, better than staying stagnant. The alignment stick part is the one I want to see most in hand, curious about how that will work.

Agree on all.

The alignment stick is very interesting and I have to say, I am a big fan of the changing of colors on the cup section.

Back