PuttOut: Pressure Putt Trainer - Preview

Let me see if I can appropriately rephrase my comment. I have watched the video and would love you to comment in your review on how using it on a putting green and at home is better than putting to an actual hole or spot on a putting green or off a ruler or over a spot on the floor. On an actual putting green you can practice the speed and line aspect of the training aid. At home, setting it up at some distance away doesn't seem practical since you can't simulate an actual green speed. If you can simulate actual green speeds, how is this better than other speed related drills? The other aspect of the aid is working on intended line so explain why I need to put an aid 3,5, , 10, feet away to work on line?

Serious questions, hoping the review compares to other aids and drills that work on similar aspects of putting.

I think the biggest thing you're missing is that it's not just a training aid for pace and direction with the base being the exact diameter of the cup and the microtarget plug (which can be dropped to try to get the ball to stay on a "perfect" putt or raised). It's also at its root a ball return, which I can tell you as a HS golf coach who harps on reps reps reps on the putting green makes that easier when practicing a specific putt/distance.

Additionally, its not mean to totally replace anything imo, but as with all training aids to instead supplement practice. You don't NEED any training aid, but I believe that there is a lot of merit to this one in terms of having a lot of things rolled into one like primary target, secondary target, and a pretty slick ball return.

It really is quite cool, and no, that's not just me hyping it. It's so simple, it's silly and those to me are always the best training aids.

Pricing wise it looks really reasonable as well!

This honestly looks like a brilliant product.

I have my practice putting setup at home, one that rockets the ball back at me after a made/missed putt. The idea of this one, and being able to see the feedback of distance past the hole with a miss, is really smart.

Maybe the only downside for me would be needing some decent carpet to putt on indoors. I can see it being very very handy at the course on the practice greens, especially on a day when the green is very busy. You could head off to an area without a crowd and get to work on your putting.

Really smart idea, and I am looking forward to hearing more on it in the future!
The busy putting green is a great point I hadn't thought of, especially in tournament days when there are 30+ people on the green and 5-10 holes to putt to.

The busy putting green is a great point I hadn't thought of, especially in tournament days when there are 30+ people on the green and 5-10 holes to putt to.
Instead of putting to a tee or a mark, you could be using the device while also getting a decent feel for the green speeds.

Super usefull imho

So this devise is mainly for practicing short putts correct? Inside 10 feet I'd guess? Love the idea of having this for crowed greens

Had never seen this prior to this thread...but it's now on my Amazon Wish List. Looks really solid.

I'm selling my Putting Arc soon, might have to take this as a replacement for it pending some reviews/thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest thing you're missing is that it's not just a training aid for pace and direction with the base being the exact diameter of the cup and the microtarget plug (which can be dropped to try to get the ball to stay on a "perfect" putt or raised). It's also at its root a ball return, which I can tell you as a HS golf coach who harps on reps reps reps on the putting green makes that easier when practicing a specific putt/distance.

Additionally, its not mean to totally replace anything imo, but as with all training aids to instead supplement practice. You don't NEED any training aid, but I believe that there is a lot of merit to this one in terms of having a lot of things rolled into one like primary target, secondary target, and a pretty slick ball return.

It really is quite cool, and no, that's not just me hyping it. It's so simple, it's silly and those to me are always the best training aids.

I guess as a HS coach you can use the targets as games to keep the players interested and engaged. While you say it is a ball return, the infomercial indicates is rolls the ball back as far as the ball would go past the hole. That doesn't seem like a true ball return but to each their own. Regarding practicing a specific putt/distance, I would think moving to different spots would be better for distance to require getting reset and not having the same putt. Same for breaking putting. On a breaking putt, how does the training aid do for side hole entry or do you have to turn the aid for it to go up the ramp?

I do appreciate the simplicity of the aid, and perhaps it is better classified as a practice aid. In the long run, if you are willing to use the aid over time and it motivates you to practice then it accomplishes its goal.

I guess as a HS coach you can use the targets as games to keep the players interested and engaged. While you say it is a ball return, the infomercial indicates is rolls the ball back as far as the ball would go past the hole. That doesn't seem like a true ball return but to each their own. Regarding practicing a specific putt/distance, I would think moving to different spots would be better for distance to require getting reset and not having the same putt. Same for breaking putting. On a breaking putt, how does the training aid do for side hole entry or do you have to turn the aid for it to go up the ramp?

I do appreciate the simplicity of the aid, and perhaps it is better classified as a practice aid. In the long run, if you are willing to use the aid over time and it motivates you to practice then it accomplishes its goal.

If you're differentiating practice and training aids then IMO you're just splitting hairs. They encompass the exact same thing, helping a golfer improve in a particular facet of their game, and just as with golf clubs themselves, some work for some and not for others.

This IMO is not intended to replace standard putting practice, nor do I think the company would say it is, it is a supplement as is any training aid.

If you're differentiating practice and training aids then IMO you're just splitting hairs. They encompass the exact same thing, helping a golfer improve in a particular facet of their game, and just as with golf clubs themselves, some work for some and not for others.

This IMO is not intended to replace standard putting practice, nor do I think the company would say it is, it is a supplement as is any training aid.

Probably am splitting hairs, interested in reading your detailed review; hopefully you will compare against other aids and drills that work to do the same thing.

Been working with this nightly and I have to reiterate again the simplicity and effectiveness.

It not going to replace standard putting green practice, but the indoor/outdoor and travel versatility of the device combined with the fact that it presents a different king of focus during practice in getting immediate feedback on pace through the return aspect makes it very useful, more so than the majority of putting aids I've used. I know the ruler and coin drills were brought up before and I think again its important to not that those can STILL be used when using the PuttOut.

Personally, I've seen more effective practice because of trying to hit the smaller target for the "Perfect Putt", its the old saying though, aim small, miss small. Some might mention that you can just use one of the "pro holes" at your course (if they have them) for that same mindset of putting practice, I would agree, but counter with the fact that here you get that small target AS WELL as the feedback of seeing where the putt would roll into a regulation cup as it crosses the full sized white base.

Good thoughts so far James. Very intriguing product

I'm currently writing the spotlight on this one and I was sitting here wondering, anyone get one for Fathers Day?

FWIW, I've ordered two so as to have three total for golf practices this year, they're going to make a world of difference IMO for my kids on 3 footers and 6 footers.

I'll be following along Jman! Seems like a great value for the price too.

It reminds me of the Boomerang putting trainer , which was very difficult to get a ball to stay in the cup of the ramp, so I felt it was very good at working on distance control . I don't use it much because the felt "green" got creased & bumpy. The Putt Out looks like a simpler, more versatile replacement.

I like the idea of being able to take it to not only a crowded putting green, but also to a spot that is level (for some reason most of the practice greens I've used hardly ever have a cup cut into the level spots).

How much of your recent putting success is due to this vs the TM Spider Tour lol!

I'm currently writing the spotlight on this one and I was sitting here wondering, anyone get one for Fathers Day?

FWIW, I've ordered two so as to have three total for golf practices this year, they're going to make a world of difference IMO for my kids on 3 footers and 6 footers.

As soon as I saw your initial write up I ordered one. I've been trying to improve my short game by trying to make 30 four foot putts in a row at least of couple of times a week.
Like the guy in the video - it was hard on the back when doing it on the course - plus any time I spent putting took away from time I could have instead have been chipping and pitching.
Now with this device, I can shoot for my 30 putts in a row at home (on my truline putting green) and save my outdoor time for chipping and pitching.
I love it! And I find it to be extremely accurate in terms of how often, and how, I missed putts on the course. Great training aid!!

I have one of these and I enjoy it. It doesn't work great with the carpet that I have in my house but that's obviously not the fault of the PuttOut. Overall, for something very simple it's a great thing to have!

Went to go get one today, it's sold out at all the golf shops near me

With discussion elsewhere, this deserves a bump. Formal homepage spotlight should be up early next week as well!

I got one for father's day and really like it. I like that I can have something regulation and portable. It folds up nice and slim to fit in my bag.

I've used mostly at home on some indoor/outdoor carpet I bought, hardwood floors throughout the house so I needed something. When the tab is down it's really hard to get the "perfect putt" hitting the cup is easy enough but pace and distance really requires you to focus and stroke a good putt. My twins and I have turned it into a contest to see who can get it into the perfect hole more.

I've also taken it to the course and enjoyed it there. Had a lot of people ask about it and want to try it out. Everyone said they liked it and could see how trying to roll the perfect putt would take some focus.

One nice part about it is that if the green is busy you don't have to fight for cups, you can just put this down in the least busy area and you have your own cup.

Used it 4-5 times this past week and wether it was a coincidence or not I had exactly zero 3 putts today so it must be helping.

Looking forward to using it more.

I'm going to be picking up one of these this week. Tried one out in local store and it's so simple, but effective.

Just added it to wish list on Amazon as well. Probably pull the trigger on one soon. Always looking for new ways to improve!

Wanted to bump this and see what people still think of these... I am thinking about picking one up. Are you guys still using them?

Thanks!

I bought this for my 12 year old son for Christmas. He plays tournament golf and has a 2.4 Index. Best golf training aid I have ever purchased for him. Teaches tempo and accuracy. Has significantly dropped his 3 putts per round. Just bought the Puttout mat and it is very good as well.

Back