PXG 0211 & New Level MOD B-1 7 iron comparison

Bet you cannot

I bet I can set the shaft upgrades equally to get two sets of Sub70 irons for their price. (I’m just being argumentative, haha-I don’t really want to argue I know what Mr Parsons has done and I know the stellar product that is put out).

Despite my username I look more for a set I can hit a consistent distance every time. Sure I can turn over a 4i or whatever and make it go far, but that’s not what I want in irons. I want consistent yardage from 120-200 from an iron set. I’ve enjoyed the hell out of hitting s Sub70 7i. In fact that’s going to be club “x” in my ball testing that’s coming up. Will it be longer than a TourB RX? Will it have more 7i spin? Will it have more driver spin? I’ll have empirical data (based on 2 0-7 HC’s inconsistent swings) comparing gamer to prototype.

How fracking fun is THP? I’m in the not-golf months here, eagerly awaiting a chance to test what I assume to be a brand new ball? It’ll be compared. Tested. Deemed 👍, 🖕, or 👎.

The awesome part is if it’s a high spin ball the kid will call it the best of all time and want to play it. I’ll hate it. If it’s a low spin ball my kid will have a lot of 225 carry 290 total drives on Trackman with 1300 driver spin. I’ll spin it 2600 or so and call it the best ever, lol. I can let the forum know either way which way to go. I love that.

Let the forum know.

It’ll be against a known data point the only changes to the day might be what swing I can bring (Jr is more consistent so base any decisions on that, no matter what I proclaim, lol).

I bet I can set the shaft upgrades equally to get two sets of Sub70 irons for their price. (I’m just being argumentative, haha-I don’t really want to argue I know what Mr Parsons has done and I know the stellar product that is put out).

Despite my username I look more for a set I can hit a consistent distance every time. Sure I can turn over a 4i or whatever and make it go far, but that’s not what I want in irons. I want consistent yardage from 120-200 from an iron set. I’ve enjoyed the hell out of hitting s Sub70 7i. In fact that’s going to be club “x” in my ball testing that’s coming up. Will it be longer than a TourB RX? Will it have more 7i spin? Will it have more driver spin? I’ll have empirical data (based on 2 0-7 HC’s inconsistent swings) comparing gamer to prototype.

How fracking fun is THP? I’m in the not-golf months here, eagerly awaiting a chance to test what I assume to be a brand new ball? It’ll be compared. Tested. Deemed 👍, 🖕, or 👎.

The awesome part is if it’s a high spin ball the kid will call it the best of all time and want to play it. I’ll hate it. If it’s a low spin ball my kid will have a lot of 225 carry 290 total drives on Trackman with 1300 driver spin. I’ll spin it 2600 or so and call it the best ever, lol. I can let the forum know either way which way to go. I love that.

Let the forum know.

It’ll be against a known data point the only changes to the day might be what swing I can bring (Jr is more consistent so base any decisions on that, no matter what I proclaim, lol).

I’m still confused. What does this post have to do with the 0211 or New Level irons ?

Sub70 7i hitting for distance on the tee?

Sun70 7i pin hunting into the wind!?

170. As low as 155. Laser.

Pull/draw versus what I can only call a “slight” pull fade when I’m gunning at a target. I’ll show video next time I’m on Trackman. My “going at it” swing is 100% different than my distance swing.

That one will start out 5 yards left, go 5 yards right, and land online. I don’t know how the physics work, but it does. Trackman shows the same shot shape as what I see on the course. I don’t even whatch those anymore as I feel it the second I hit it. I know exactly where it’ll be.

I’m still confused. What does this post have to do with the 0211 or New Level irons ?

The WTF is me, not you.

Wrong thread. I thought we were debating Sub70 Vs PXG.

My bad. Carry on. I’ll exit now as I’ve never hit anything from New Level.

The WTF is me, not you.

Wrong thread. I thought we were debating Sub70 Vs PXG.

My bad. Carry on. I’ll exit now as I’ve never hit anything from New Level.
Smiter have you ever hit a PXG 0211? How can you debate its worth if you have not?
So a blank company can put out a club for cheap..wow that is news.
These PXG bashing threads are comical.

Smiter have you ever hit a PXG 0211? How can you debate its worth if you have not?
So a blank company can put out a club for cheap..wow that is news.
These PXG bashing threads are comical.

Yes I have hit a PXG 0211. I actually played a round with them. I would never state something without having hit both.

I’m actually in the market for an iron set (ha, my dumba** just gave mine away, but it was FUN). Despite what I’ve stated, PXG is strongly in the running. Only because I want consistent gapping. Based on 5i distance and 7i distance they are in that hot spot for me, about the same to +5 from the set I gave away.

I’ll turn the question back on you sir? (And this is not meant as anything more than mere debate), have you ever hit “blank” companies product? That’s just not nice to say. I’ll state “blank” companies name, it’s Sub70. I can contact their CEO tomorrow (his name is Jason BTW)) and have him custom build a club to my specs and ship it in a couple days.

Have you ever communicated with Bob Parsons? If you have, salute. I don’t hate on PXG but I love on performance. If I can get great performance, what does it matter what it says?

(Open book-I’m probably going with MP-18’s new/gently used, but I hit them well-but both PXG AND 🤯 Sub70 are in consideration. In fact I’d probably go PXG, not so much in that it’s a superior product, in that it suits my needs better.)

But damnit, I love the distance from the Sub70 699’s.

Have a great night sir!

& you can probably get two sets of New Level for less than one of PXG

5-GW for the newest 211 in steel shafts are 805 right now. I don’t think you can get 2 sets of New Level for that.

Yes I have hit a PXG 0211. I actually played a round with them. I would never state something without having hit both.

I’m actually in the market for an iron set (ha, my dumba** just gave mine away, but it was FUN). Despite what I’ve stated, PXG is strongly in the running. Only because I want consistent gapping. Based on 5i distance and 7i distance they are in that hot spot for me, about the same to +5 from the set I gave away.

I’ll turn the question back on you sir? (And this is not meant as anything more than mere debate), have you ever hit “blank” companies product? That’s just not nice to say. I’ll state “blank” companies name, it’s Sub70. I can contact their CEO tomorrow (his name is Jason BTW)) and have him custom build a club to my specs and ship it in a couple days.

Have you ever communicated with Bob Parsons? If you have, salute. I don’t hate on PXG but I love on performance. If I can get great performance, what does it matter what it says?

(Open book-I’m probably going with MP-18’s new/gently used, but I hit them well-but both PXG AND 🤯 Sub70 are in consideration. In fact I’d probably go PXG, not so much in that it’s a superior product, in that it suits my needs better.)

But damnit, I love the distance from the Sub70 699’s.

Have a great night sir!
Have a set of 0211s 5-g,MMT stiff (soft stepped once), D4,midsize PXG grips. 3 rounds and range time. Bought June 2020 (sold my Apex 19) thinking the graphite shafts would make trying to play with bad hip easier. It helped but took a medical anyway not being able to get thru ball. Let me know if interested and I don't try and squeeze every nickel out of reasonable people.

Have a set of 0211s 5-g,MMT stiff (soft stepped once), D4,midsize PXG grips. 3 rounds and range time. Bought June 2020 (sold my Apex 19) thinking the graphite shafts would make trying to play with bad hip easier. It helped but took a medical anyway not being able to get thru ball. Let me know if interested and I don't try and squeeze every nickel out of reasonable people.

Hmm.

interested. Pm on way....

Haven’t hit the Mod B-1’s but own the 0211’s and love them. Hit what makes you happy!

Back