Hoganman1

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to if anyone on this forum is playing these clubs. I haven't seen a set at our club and none of my senior group buddies are playing them. They sure are advertising a lot these days especially during the Olympics. I'm guessing they're good and well made as they are quite pricey, but probably not for senior players. I'm not interested in buying a set as I just got my new Hogans and love them. I'm just wondering if they are popular with the golfing public.

I'm playing a 3 year old set. 1st used set of clubs I have ever owned. 0311 XF so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

Define pricey please?

Purchased the 0211 DC irons this year. $89 a club with MMT graphite shaft. I did go 2 degrees weak as they are strong lofted and for my own gapping purposes, 7-LW. Added a 0811 Gen 4 XF driver, that is performing well. I shot a personal 9 hole best with them in the bag. Overall it’s been a good experience. My constant iron changes have ended and the driver is firmly in the bag. Came from a short-lived G425 experiment.

Purchased the 0211 DC irons this year. $89 a club with MMT graphite shaft. I did go 2 degrees weak as they are strong lofted and for my own gapping purposes, 7-LW. Added a 0811 Gen 4 XF driver, that is performing well. I shot a personal 9 hole best with them in the bag. Overall it’s been a good experience. My constant iron changes have ended and the driver is firmly in the bag. Came from a short-lived G425 experiment.

Curious to hear more about your experiences with G425 and comparison to the PXG. Potntially in the market for new irons and considering both. Thanks!

I am still gaming a Gen 1 0811X driver, and I have no plans to replace it any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started playing with a guy this year that I've known for a few years. He has a full bag of PXG from driver down through putter and really likes them. He peaked my interest and I looked into PXG clubs for the first time and I didn't realize just how discounted some of the products can be for first responders, military and veterans (called "Heroes" discount). I just received an 0811X+ Prototype driver that was discounted to $199 from its original $499! Sure, the latest and greatest can be very expensive, but even without the "Heroes" discount older generation product, if still available, can be had for a great price. As @JAM01 mentioned, even the newer 0211DC irons, a cast instead of forged iron, can be had at $89/club as well as Gen 2 0311s!

Curious to hear more about your experiences with G425 and comparison to the PXG. Potntially in the market for new irons and considering both. Thanks!
The G425 irons are a great set, my issue was my set had steel shafts. I’ve been battling elbow and wrist soreness since early last season and needed to move to graphite. At the price the PXG 0211 DC were a superb deal.
Dispersion wise, they were similar, the 0211 just a little better (probably because I’m now more accustomed to them).
Feel- the Pings were just a little harsher - could be the shaft.
For me the fairway and hybrids in the G425 line are the star of the show.
I bought the Pings at release and got them quick, not sure that’s the case now. PXG 0211 was just under 2 weeks from order to delivery.

The TV ad voice for PXG clubs reminds me of a WWF Hulk Hogan interview, or maybe Rowdy Piper. That’s all I hear when the ads come on... and now, that’s what you’ll hear too! :p

I recently upgraded from an older set of Ping irons ro the 0311 Gen 3s and really like them. My wife also upgraded from her Callaway irons to a set of 0211s, a 7 wood, a hybrid and is constantly wanting to go to the range of play another 9. I am now thinking about adding a Gen 4 driver to the mix. If you can take advantage of the Hero’s Discount they suddenly become a very reasonable purchase.

On a whim I bought the 0211 driver. I was and am so impressed with it I bought the 0211 iron set. I really like those as well. The driver is the bargain of the decade. I did end up putting a UST shaft in it to try because that's what I do. I hit more fairways with this driver than any other driver I have ever owned and it it long. Like Kaboom long.

Very cool that they offer the heroes prices. I’m no hero, but think its awesome that folks that deserve it, can get it.

I just bought the 10.5* 0811X+ Prototype driver receiving it Friday afternoon. The adjustability with four weight ports plus the adapter is terrific. I’m still waiting on my full weight kit but with two range sessions under my belt I’ve got it dialed into a really nice baby fade with the heavy weight (12.5G) in front and it turned down to 9*. When the weight kit arrives I think 5G in the heel instead of the 2.5G and maybe going 15g in front will make this a real beast.

A guy I just started playing golf with this year has turned me on to PXG and their Heroes discounts are incredible and much appreciated. It doesn’t seem to be a fixed percentage like others offer and can be really a deep discount on certain products.

The Heros pricing is why I have a few of their clubs. The Gen 2 0811x driver is the sound I measure all other drivers on. I think it sounds amazing.

Yes have 9 in bag with Veterans discount and great fitting and fabulous performance to date. Plan to add at least two more-there is nothing better IMO if you get fitted and get the discount-that at time available more broadly

Anyone switched into 0311 t with mmt stiffs?? I've got the 0211 3 and 7 wood which are great so far

Received new 0211 DCs about two weeks ago. Great feel, forgiving, consistent distance. Got a call from a PXG representative today asking if I was happy with the clubs and if I had any questions. Great customer service and marketing to reach out after the purchase.

I got on the PXG train late last year. Since then, PXG is probably the most purchased brand at our club. One of our pros signed with PXG. Our local Titleist rep moved to PXG. and they've come out to the range at least 3 times this year to do fittings.

Been seeing a lot of gen4 clubs out at the range.

PXG is a great brand and innovative if you get the right price point = Heroes take the chance. My bag has 9 clubs and will have 12 of them within a year from them. One downside is the shipping cost is same one club as a full set it seems. Pays to get fit (best fitting I ever had on a live range, great price, and with monitors) and get several clubs at once.

Back