Review PXG Clydesdale Review

Achilles515

Reaction score
Handicap
Finally got my Clydesdale in the mail today and immediately took it to the range to test it out.

Quick background on me. I consider myself a good putter, rarely 3 putt even on tournament speed greens. I had been using a LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter for the past year but felt i needed a change back to a blade style putter. The last blade style i used was the original O Works Double Wide.

For those that don't know, the Clydesdale is part of the 0211 line of putters from PXG that go for $149. Biggest difference that I have gathered between this line and the more expensive line is the removable weights.

Looks - Love the looks and the blacked out vibe. The blade style with the extended edges sets the sights up very nicely imo.

Feel - I was using Vice Pro and Bridgestone E12 contact balls to putt with. I had tried a left handed version in a Pro Shop before purchasing it and loved the soft feel it. Getting the right handed one in my hands was obviously just the same. Felt really good off the face and the head weight was nice as well. Even on different parts of face the feel was still soft. Imo had a similar feel to the Micro Hinge inserts that Odyssey had.

Grip - Comes with a PXG Pistol Style grip which has a unique feel to it and isn't just a random cheap grip that a lot of manufacturers throw on clubs. I would normally change out my putter grip for a Super Stroke but I will be keeping this one.

Performance - I tried putts from 3ft, 10ft, 20ft and 30ft uphill and downhill. Green wasn't terribly fast. Speed control was excellent. Purposely hit the ball from different spots on the face and did not feel any "hot spots." Was easy to line up and after about 40-50 putts altogether I feel like I putt better with this than I had been with my DFP.

Overall, I think the 0211 line is a very good value for what you get. Feels like a premium putter without the price. Mind you, I had gone in looking for an Evnroll, Toulon or Betti in that order and ended up with this lol. After comparing $150 to $400 it wasn't a hard choice.

Would highly recommend and FYI, this is first PXG club I've ever purchased or used.

Need pictures or this never happened. :D

Finally got my Clydesdale in the mail today and immediately took it to the range to test it out.

Quick background on me. I consider myself a good putter, rarely 3 putt even on tournament speed greens. I had been using a LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter for the past year but felt i needed a change back to a blade style putter. The last blade style i used was the original O Works Double Wide.

For those that don't know, the Clydesdale is part of the 0211 line of putters from PXG that go for $149. Biggest difference that I have gathered between this line and the more expensive line is the removable weights.

Looks - Love the looks and the blacked out vibe. The blade style with the extended edges sets the sights up very nicely imo.

Feel - I was using Vice Pro and Bridgestone E12 contact balls to putt with. I had tried a left handed version in a Pro Shop before purchasing it and loved the soft feel it. Getting the right handed one in my hands was obviously just the same. Felt really good off the face and the head weight was nice as well. Even on different parts of face the feel was still soft. Imo had a similar feel to the Micro Hinge inserts that Odyssey had.

Grip - Comes with a PXG Pistol Style grip which has a unique feel to it and isn't just a random cheap grip that a lot of manufacturers throw on clubs. I would normally change out my putter grip for a Super Stroke but I will be keeping this one.

Performance - I tried putts from 3ft, 10ft, 20ft and 30ft uphill and downhill. Green wasn't terribly fast. Speed control was excellent. Purposely hit the ball from different spots on the face and did not feel any "hot spots." Was easy to line up and after about 40-50 putts altogether I feel like I putt better with this than I had been with my DFP.

Overall, I think the 0211 line is a very good value for what you get. Feels like a premium putter without the price. Mind you, I had gone in looking for an Evnroll, Toulon or Betti in that order and ended up with this lol. After comparing $150 to $400 it wasn't a hard choice.

Would highly recommend and FYI, this is first PXG club I've ever purchased or used.
Nice review - Buddy of mine at work just got fit for the same putter.

Nice! Can't wait to see pictures of it. Great review.

Nice review. I'm shocked that you tested a lefty version in the wild! That's something that's not common in my corner of the world. I hope that putter works well for you.

I wanna see pics!!

20220628_175243.jpg

Attachments

• 20220628_175258.jpg
    20220628_175258.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220628_175250.jpg
    20220628_175250.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 20
Nice review. I'm shocked that you tested a lefty version in the wild! That's something that's not common in my corner of the world. I hope that putter works well for you.

I wanna see pics!!

Wasn't by choice haha. There aren't any shops near me that carry PXG. This one did but only had 1 righty version and it was a style I had no interest in. The rest were lefties and surprisingly I putt fairly decent with the lefty Clydesdale. That's why I ended up pulling the trigger on it lol.

Maybe you should consider putting lefty full time.

We've got cookies

Nice review and congrats on the new putter. I kinda like that "runway" alignment aid. PXG has been grabbing my attention lately.

Beautiful putter. Reminds me of the end of Space Mountain. :D Oh, the clogs have to go, that is all. :sick:

This is totally not what I thought it was going to look like. In my head everything PxG for putters is bulky and has a Skull on it.

I did a fitting with PXG when I first started. Didn't like anything too much but I LOVED their BlackJack putter. Felt amazing. Most of the putters I tested rolled pretty well tbh.

As bad as I have been putting, I am seriously considering scheduling a PXG putter fitting. The 0211 lineup is closer to my budget constraints, but since they don't have the weights nor hosel options that Battle Ready and Gen 2 have, would PXG even do a fitting for the 0211s, and how valuable would it even be?

As bad as I have been putting, I am seriously considering scheduling a PXG putter fitting. The 0211 lineup is closer to my budget constraints, but since they don't have the weights nor hosel options that Battle Ready and Gen 2 have, would PXG even do a fitting for the 0211s, and how valuable would it even be?

If you're honest with yourself about your putting you can probably fit yourself. Imo putting comes down to confidence, feel and asthetics.

Quick follow up on this after playing 18. Great rolling putter!! Played very well with it. Has a very nice roll to it. Easy to like up and felt like it was point and shoot. Would highly recommend.

Back